cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Option to block all clean or explicit content

Ideas: Option to block all clean or explicit content

FaminEatr
Underground

Pandora currently includes an option to filter out explicit content, and only play Clean or Radio Edit versions of songs.

I would like to request the opposite option, namely: Filter Clean Content.

In a way similar to the "Filter Explicit Content" option, this option would only play songs that have their un-edited, explicit content.

As an informed, consenting adult, I would prefer to listen to the "Dirty" versions of songs. As I dislike the "Clean" versions of these songs, I would prefer to not hear them. Currently the only way to do that is to thumb the song down, which just removes it and all versions of it from my shuffle or playlist.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
79 Comments
bubbagoonboy66
Local Performer

I want to hear artists for who they truly are which is the reason I do not listen to the radio and instead pay for Pandora Premium.  I would like to see a feature to block all censored content and only play the original songs.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

nullvalues
Local Performer

Agreed.  it's nuts.  It ruins some great songs, but if I thumbs down the censored version then it won't play the uncensored version.  

TannerPandora

Hi @FaminEatr thanks for posting to the Feature Request board and thanks for the great feedback on explicit vs. clean content.

Couple of things to note: 

• We try to buy unedited versions of all music we acquire, but sometimes a clean version is all that's available.
  • Thumbing down a song on one station will not effect the song on any of your other stations. If you thumb down a clean version of a song on one station, it will no longer play on that station only. 

Thanks for being part of community! Hope to see you around more often. 🎧

Vlegm
Local Performer

Yes, please this needs to happen. The censoring is ruining the experience and forcing me to move to other options like Spotify

efrain728
Local Performer

Is there anyway we can block sensor music just like we can block censored music? I'm just saying I hate getting into a song right in the beginning about to start jamming in the car with my friends and boom it's the censored version... 30 year old man in a car trying to jam out to sensor music in a road trip is the most embarrassing thing ever... It should not be allowed and it should be illegal lol

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@efrain728 I moved your post to this existing feature request since it sounds like something you are interested in seeing implemented as well.

Make sure to give this feature request a ❤️as well! 

ericcoffey23
Opening Act

Today the option to block explicit content is VERY limited to just your radio stations.

You can still click an explicit song and it plays.

Voice commands (Siri/Google) still play explicit songs.

Playing a specific song defaults to explicit

Top Songs play explicit.

etc.

As a parent wanting to control child content, this is a problem.

It also creates problems for ANYONE wanting to stream in a clean environment (classroom, office, gym, etc.)

This feature request is to create a way to completely block explicit content playbook across the entire platform.

mod edit: format

TannerPandora

Hi @ericcoffey23, thanks for posting your feedback about the explicit filter! We’re always looking to improve. Don't forget to ❤️, the more votes an idea gets the more likely that it will be looked at for our roadmap.

Thanks for being a part of our Community!

Glamdring
Opening Act

same problem as always, successfully define explicit for all listeners. even worse if you want to include "suggestive". and there are of course artists who are smarter than the censors, AC/DC's "Big Balls" and Primus' "Wynonna's Big Brown Beaver" immediately come to mind. I have exactly the opposite issue, I DON'T want the sanitized version of a song on my station (if the artist wrote an F-bomb at that point in a song I assume it was because they wanted it there), but I generally manage that by just thumbing down the "radio edit" if it ever plays while thumbing up the real version.