cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Play music on launch - on/off toggle

Ideas: Play music on launch - on/off toggle

stevenomes
Opening Act

I'm on premium. Anyway to open pandora without it starting music? sometimes i just want to open it and browse a bit before i select something. Seems to happen on every application (web/android/auto)

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
103 Comments
FeliciaM6
Local Performer

I started listening to music again and my Pandora account was still available, Yeah! However not being able to disable auto start is making my return to pandora frustrating!

How hard is it to add a simple basic function available to all users? This should have been added from the beginning.  Having this many people, I'm sure there are more, wanting a simple feature like this is inexcusable. 

DavyP49
Underground

Hi FeliciaM6,

Not trying to be rude to you in any way, but I've always loved the name ' Felicia ' for some reason. I surely agree with everyone else as to what's being talked about here. I don't know if you know this or not but pandora was purchased by siriusxm some time ago now. I think that's what bothers me the most, as I'm currently a subscriber to siriusxm, I've always had such great success when dealing with them when I had an issue, I really wish some of that customer service should be adapted by pandora.

David 

let-me-in
Underground

Yesterday I opened Pandora to put on some gentle quiet music and it started auto-playing some high bpm electronic music. It was very jarring and my friends all looked at me, startled.

When I explained that Pandora had just started playing everyone asked why I didn't just have Spotify.

stevenomes
Opening Act

yeah embarrassing to say the least. i dont understand why pandora still has this issue. i use other services like Deezer, Spotify, Amazon Music, YouTube music and none of them have this issue. why cant it just be an option like if you want it to play music on start great. but if not there should be an option to turn that off. it seems so basic.

DavyP49
Underground

Hi Everyone,

I received an offer this morning for 3 months of the premium service in my email, just because I have the amazon alexa app on my phone and on other devices. In some ways I'm kind of sorry I did so, because as soon as I logged into my account, the last thing I had been listening to previously started playing automatically. It's really a shame that someone that's associated with either pandora or their owner (Sirius XM) can't seem to offer listeners a solution to this ongoing issue. I'm already a subscriber to siriusxm and I've been tempted to contact someone there to see if they even know about the issue. The good thing is as long as I cancel my premium subscription before a payment is due, I won't be charged anything.

David

vitamin
Local Performer

How can I stop auto play when I open the Pandora app on my iOS device and when I open Pandora in a browser on my PC?   Driving me bonkers. 🙂

Thanks,

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vitamin I moved your post to this existing feature request as that is not currently an option.

Make sure to give this thread a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! :pandora:

stevenomes
Opening Act

the problem is they consider this auto launch music on startup a feature and not an issue. until its recognized as an issue it will never be changed. 

vitamin
Local Performer

"the problem is they consider this auto launch music on startup a feature and not an issue. until its recognized as an issue it will never be changed. "

Holy **ahem** ... that's a bummer.  If they consider it a "feature", that's tragic.  //  

Thanks Adam for the reply.

DavyP49
Underground

Hi All,

To be honest then, by the developer's @ pandora considering the 'auto launch play on startup' as a feature & not an issue, it may never actually get implemented because I would think that unless a large part of the listener base like to see our request actually implemented, it probably won't ever happen. To me that's not really fair to the user's of the service that would NOT have the music start auto play when the app gets opened. To better serve the listener's of the service & to actually help prevent listener's from leaving the service & choosing one that doesn't perform that way I think they should at least add that setting somehow, that way the best interest's of both group's would be better served & hopefully we'd all be happy & satisfied.

David