cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: "I'm Tired of this Track" with Premium on Mobile

Ideas: "I'm Tired of this Track" with Premium on Mobile

Tosin
Underground

I want this option again. Why did I get it for free but now that I am paying for an account, it is gone. Please bring it back.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

34 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @SamuraiGuy. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing feature request as it seems like you'd like to see this option implemented. I would recommend clicking on the ❤️icon to express your interest. In the meantime, this isn't a feature with Premium. Thanks so much for your feedback about this!

spb999
Underground

Appears this is an option on Pandora Plus and free accounts. Please enable this for Premium accounts. Seems odd that the premium service would offer less function than the free versions.

Thanks!

Richmond99
Opening Act

Finally found this 'explanation': "Looks like you're using Pandora Premium on your mobile device.

"This feature is available on both web and mobile for Free and Pandora Plus listeners. This isn't currently available for Pandora Premium subscribers."

I just upgraded from Pandora Plus to Pandora Premium and have been searching (and following various directions from other threads) for the last two hours to try and figure out why this critical feature had vanished from my app.  If I'd known I'd have to forego it I doubt I'd have signed up for the upgrade.

Normally when you pay extra for a higher service tier you are able to enjoy more and better features, not fewer and worse.  Sort of mystified here. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @spb999. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread. 

To upvote this idea, please click on the ❤️icon next to the title of this request. 

See ya around the community! 🎶

JimG
Local Performer

Add "Tired of this track" option for Pandora Premium subscribers

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for posting @JimG. I moved your message to an existing FR on this: "I'm Tired of this Track" with Premium on Mobile

Termich
Opening Act

I also miss this feature, please do it in the Premium subscription

Onewave
Local Performer

Why this option is not available for Premium on mobile yet?

spb999
Underground

After some thought I have a theory that this is related to Pandora trying to control their royalty costs. Sure we pay but potentially the value of non_Premium users ad revenue brings in more money. There is absolutely no technical reason for the omission of this feature.

I've also noticed over the past couple of years that Pandora throws in the cheapest possible versions of popular songs. Has nothing to do with "variety" and everything to do with the cost of playing the song.

I've also noticed that no matter what station I play it seems like I get the same 40 songs or so. I had a David Bowie station that never played any Bowie songs! Even when I shuffle all my stations I get the some finite list of songs. I have a diverse set of stations. From Danzig to George Strait to Los Lonely Boys and Alice Cooper.

Definitely going to be seeking an alternative that offers dynamic curated, artist/genre "stations". Any suggestions?

Morningfrost
Underground

That's very cynical @spb999 ...and unfortunately also probably accurate. I've had a lot of songs pop up over time from some of those compilation sets, like NOW and whatnot. I wouldn't be surprised if it's because the license/royalty is lower with them.

I haven't had the same problem with the same 40 songs or so being played...but mine gets into a rut where it only plays songs similar to what just played. My main station has a really broad variety of influences, so if it starts with an a capella song, it will play like a dozen in a row after that even if I skip...and the only way really to stop it is to restart the app or switch channels.