cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

Ideas: Higher Audio Quality

pboser
Underground

How about higher audio quality?  Amazon has introduced this feature, and others have been ahead of Pandora as well.  It would be great to have the Genome Project advantage with higher audio quality.  Do others agree?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
306 Comments
Trevor1
On the Rise

When they updated the SiriusXm app one of the improvements advertised was better sound quality. However. SiriusXm will not release exactly what the streaming bitrate is. I was hoping we would know what they improved it to and it would be a sign improvements are coming to the Pandora app. Sadly it feels SiriusXM has almost completely forgotten the Pandora app. They seem to have no clear strategy for it, there have been no significant improvements, no new features but we did get a price increase, so they do that for us. lol 

artstewart
Local Performer

Totally agree.  I switched to Apple for their lossless audio quality but really miss the Genome method of matching my taste.  I would switch back in a heartbeat if they matched lossless.

Captkaos2211
Underground

I think a lot of people feel the same way but it's not going to happen obviously...

chulohock
Underground
I'm a big fan of 774 Opus variable bitrate that YouTube Music uses for its highest stream rate. Since it's lossy I don't get why Pandora can't transition over to that codec. The only thing that I can conclude is that it's not technically possible on their platform. Of course, if they would just provide an explanation that would be nice.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Nurseman1
Opening Act

Chulohock says:

"Of course, if they would just provide an explanation that would be nice."

Exactly!  A little common courtesy would be appreciated and yet whoever is in charge here has been unable or unwilling to do that. No one is too busy to be nice...🤠

samsplace
Local Performer
Totally agree, customer service is dismally.. they will more than likely
eventually go out of business.