cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Report: Political ad playing on children's station

Ajbukey
Casual Fan

Please remove adult-themed political ads from children’s-themed stations.   

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Trevor1
On the Rise

The ads are letting you listen for free, if you don’t like the ads there is a very simple solution, pay for a subscription and you will not hear any ads. People continue to complain about the ads that are literally paying for your ability to listen for free. People who listen for free should be thankful for every single ad even if you disagree with it. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Ajbukey. 👋

Thank you for reporting this. I've created an email case for you so that we can gather more information about the specific ad you heard (or saw) on a children's station.

Please check your email inbox for the email and provide the requested information so that we can report this accurately on your behalf. If you haven't received it yet, please take a look in your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

Hi, @Trevor1. 👋

Pandora incurs substantial costs in licensing and streaming for every song it plays. In order to provide this service free to listeners, we need to generate enough advertising revenue to cover our costs. This report seems like an issue with one of the ads playing on the wrong station where we'll need to gather more details about the ad / station it played on. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (09.30.24)
0 Kudos

Trevor1
On the Rise

I 100% understand, that’s why I constantly explain to people the ads are paying for them to listen for free. If someone is listening for free they should be thankful for the ads. I see a lot of complaints about ads on here, it makes no sense. Either be thankful for the ads or pay and never hear any. lol. If an ad played on the wrong station, I would be more focused on the fact the ad is paying for the free service vs if it’s on the right channel. lol 

0 Kudos

Sushilover563
On the Rise

I like the regular pandora adds the other was are about inappropriate topics

Tags (3)
0 Kudos