cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/27/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
531 Replies

Good Thursday morning, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music.

Delta Blues: Right On Time by The McKameys. Right On TimeThe McKameys are a professional Southern gospel group based in Clinton, Tennessee. Current members are Ruben and Peg Bean, Sheryl Farris, Connie Fortner, Roger Fortner, and Eli Fortner. On November 23, 2019, the McKameys played their last concert in Knoxville, Tennessee. On average, the McKameys play approximately 150 bookings annually throughout the United States and Canada.  With 16 No. 1 singles, the group was honored by Horizon Records in 1999 for having the most No. 1 hits in the history of Southern Gospel music. The McKameys also holds the record for having the most No. 1 songs on Singing News magazine's charts. 

Punk Rock Piper//Piper: Scotland's No Slave by The Badpiper. Scotland's No Slave  With over 15 years of professional experience, The Badpiper is the world’s only flame-throwing, punk rock piper. Having circumnavigated the globe over the years with his trusty pipes, covering Canada, the USA, Japan, and Europe, The Badpiper finds himself on home soil in 2010 filled with a renewed energy, attitude, and passion to burn. Spurred on by an appearance and national recognition on the Channel Seven program, Australia’s Got Talent. 2009 saw the completion of a successful six-month European Tour with The Power Pipes, which covered Austria, Germany, Italy, and Croatia. The Badpiper is available worldwide for any occasion, festivals, corporate events, weddings, funerals, pre-parties, pool parties, spa parties, social gatherings… antisocial gatherings!

Indie Rock: The Beacon by A Fine Frenzy. The Beacon  Bomb in a Birdcage is the second studio album by A Fine Frenzy, the stage name of American singer-songwriter Alison Sudol. The album was released on August 28, 2009, in Germany and on September 8, 2009, in the United States.

Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@MOHLovesAlaska I'm definitely checking out the first two songs today. The second song sounds interesting to me based on what you shared about the artist. 

Good Friday afternoon, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. The first song I will be adding comes by way of request from @AlyssaPandora and her song of choice is Honest by Kendyl Inskeep & Song House. I will be adding the last two songs one of which is a brand new one just recently released. Enjoy the music. 

Singer-song writer: Honest by Kendyl Inskeep & Song House. Honest  

There are a lot of great songs out there. The world is brimming with talent as the evolution of technology has brought the gifts of many a musical soul to rest in the palms of our hands. But every once in a while, a song comes out that tears down the facade many of us hide behind. Not in an effort to be inauthentic, but in order to survive. A song that put words to the silent cries of our hearts and a melody to our circumstances. “Honest” by Song House and Kyndal Inskeep is one of those songs. Written as if Kyndal and the creative minds at Song House had been privy to the pages of our journals, “Honest” hits hard in all the places we need to be seen. It exposes the depths of the reality of the human condition and makes people like me feel a little bit less alone. Song House may have already been on your radar as of late, with the sassy viral sensation “Round Hole” featuring Rebecca Brunner. Boasting Brunner’s velvety tone and impressive range, the anthemic “Round Hole” also made many people feel understood.

Rhythm and blues: Better Man by Paolo Nutini.  Better Man  Paolo Giovanni Nutini is a Scottish singer, songwriter, and musician from Paisley. Nutini's debut album, These Streets, peaked at number three on the UK Albums Chart. Its follow-up, Sunny Side Up, debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart. Both albums have been certified quintuple platinum by the British Phonographic Industry. Five years later, Nutini released his third studio album, Caustic Love, in April 2014. The album received positive reviews from music critics. Caustic Love debuted at number one on the UK Album Charts and was certified platinum by the BPI in June 2014. While Nutini has not formally addressed it, he has been on a hiatus since 2017. 

Alternative Rock//Folk Rock: I Want More by Kaleo. I Want More  Kaleo's music has been influenced by genres such as blues rock, indie-folk, and alternative rock. In an interview with Rolling Stone, frontman JJ explained, "Growing up I was listening to a lot of American music and blues artists and such and that was what kind of connected us." Their blues influences are mainly drawn from Delta blues which was the target for some of the heavier songs in their album A/B. Their music prominently features a distinctive resonator sound.

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

@Erila27th12 thank you very much. I appreciate you taking the time reading my posts. This is my busy time of year for work, but I will continue with the GSOTD, and This Day In The History Of Music as soon as I'm able. 

I hope to see more of you in the community, take care @Erila27th12 and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

@Erila27th12 If you have any music requests for The GSOTD post please feel free to make your requests here or at The GSOTD post. I will be sure to mention you as well. 

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

@Erila27th12 thank you for the love, and I am a man 👨 just as the good LORD wanted me to be. Thank you once again for your great support. Take care @Erila27th12 and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

@Erila27th12 start out by singing in front of all of those you are familiar with first, try to get as many family members and friends together all at once, then sing in front of them. 

That is what I myself would do, then once you gain confidence, and build your courage up from that you will have no problem in front of a bigger crowd. 

Take care @Erila27th12 and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

@Erila27th12 I think you along with every other living person on this planet can do whatever they put their hearts into wanting to do. Every time you step in front of a mirror look straight into it and point your finger at yourself and say, I can do it, I have the ability and I have the confidence as well as the courage to achieve anything my heart desires to do. I know you can do it, now convince yourself. 

@Erila27th12 take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

Good Friday morning, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist for today, the first two songs are from @AlyssaPandora from her post called New Music and the third song that I have chosen is also a brand new song. Enjoy the music.

Singer-songwriter//Ballad: I Still Love You by BANKS.  I Still Love You  The artist (born Jillian Banks) first wrote the song years ago, before her music career even took off, but hasn’t released it until now⁠—ahead of the release of her fourth album, Serpentina, in April. Still, the pared-back ballad remains one of her favorites. As the title and lyrics suggest, it was inspired by one of her former relationships—one of her first boyfriends, in fact—but to Banks, the message is “timeless” and “universal.” (Who hasn’t continued to care for someone after a breakup?) “It’s more of a feeling that every human experiences,” she tells ELLE.com, via Zoom from her home in L.A. I wrote it at least six [or] seven years ago before anything happened with my career, and it just felt like a really private, personal song. I don’t know why, I just never wanted to put it on an album. I always wanted to keep it to myself. It was almost like it meant so much to me that I didn’t want to put it out because it deserves so much. It’s probably just where I’m at right now—spending so much time on my own and working through things; I just feel good about it now. It’s such a special song. It’s one of my favorite songs I’ve ever written, and it feels like an ode to where songwriting for me started, just on my own, for myself.

EM//Nu-Disco: Sea Dreamin' by Blank & Jones. Sea Dreamin' (Single) Blank & Jones are famous artists from Germany. Popnable collects information about4 of their songs. The highest Blank & Jones's charting position is # 0, and the worst ranking place is #. Blank & Jones's songs spent 0 weeks on the charts. Blank & Jones appeared in Top Chart that measures the best German musicians/bands and the highest position noted by Blank & Jones is 0. The worst result is 0.

Pop: Turn The Radio Up. by Train & Jewel Turn The Radio Up (Single)   Train has dropped a new song “Turn The Radio Up” featuring Jewel. The song is the latest from Train’s forthcoming 11th studio album, AM Gold set for release on May 20th via Columbia Records. Train is hitting the road this summer with Jewel and Blues Traveling on their Save Me San Francisco Wine Co Presents Train – AM Gold Tour. The trek kicks off June 8th in Mansfield, MA, and will make 35+ stops across North America before concluding on August 6th at Colorado’s iconic Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Fans can get all-inclusive tickets for $25 through May 14th as Live Nation celebrates National Concert Week. Starting in June, Train and Jewel will be touring together through August. 

Have a great Friday the 13th, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning, I will be adding three songs to The GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music.

Rock//Hip-hop//Funk//Feelgood//Reggae: Hey Now Now by Michael Franti & Spearhead. Hey Now Now  Michael Franti (born April 21, 1967, in Oakland, CA) is a gifted and much-heralded spoken word artist and political activist from San Francisco, CA. As a leader of the politically and socially-charged group Spearhead, Franti is at the forefront of hip-hop's renaissance, expanding the music's boundaries as he draws on funk and soul-driven beats.

Oldies//60's//Pop: Angel of the Morning by Merrilee Rush & The Turnabouts. Angel of the Morning  Merrilee Rush (born on 26 January 1944), is an American singer, best known for her recording of the song "Angel of the Morning", a Top 10 song that earned her a Grammy nomination for Female Vocalist Of The Year in 1968. She grew up in the north end of Seattle, Washington, USA. As a child, she studied classical piano for 10 years. In 1960, she auditioned for a band (directed by her first husband) that played sock hops. Next, she was part of Merrilee and Her Men, doing covers of male pop hits. Then she joined a Seattle rhythm and blues group called Tiny Tony and the Statics.
Merrilee and the Turnabouts were formed in 1965. One of the group's roadies worked for Paul Revere and the Raiders, who were doing a tour in the South in 1967 and invited Rush to be their opening act.

Rap//Reggae: Love Me Easy by ANORA, Stick Figure & Walshy Fire. Love Me Easy   Love Me Easy is a sexy new love song by ANORA and Stick Figure with a cool reggae riddim. ANORA sings in the song’s chorus, “Love me, easy; Don’t let me down hard; Kiss me, softly; Want all of your charms; You got the right kind of motion; I will give you devotion; Love me, love me, love me, easy.” ANORA has a beautiful voice and her singing compliments, Scott Woodruff, from Stick Figure sound really well. The single released by Ruffwood Records was produced by Stick Figure and Jus Bus and was executive produced by Walshy Fire. This is our first time listening to ANORA, but we cannot wait to hear more!

Have a great Wednesday, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

I like Michael Franti.

To the faithful supporters of this post I do apologize for not posting regularly, but my work even though it is seasonal has been the busiest this year in quite some time. The way things are as of now, it looks as though I will not be able to post again until the first or second week of October. Thank you for your support and interest within this post. Until then please take care and stay healthy and safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries at all, @MOHLovesAlaska.

We're going to miss you over the next few months, but we completely understand.

Looking forward to your return in October!

Good Wednesday morning dear friend, and welcome back to the GSOTD post and playlist. Today I will be adding two songs by request one from Mark Kirby ( @Cocktailsat6 ), and a second from Phil Klien ( @philmobet ), and the final two songs as a tribute to the late and yet so beautiful Queen of Country music Miss Loretta Lynn. 

Instrumental/Rock/Blues/Pop: Remote by Mark Kirby ( @Cocktailsat6) Remote is a single that was released back in July of this year by Mark Kirby. This song I also added to the MOHLovesAlaska 2022  playlist. 

Acoustic Jazz/Instrumental Jazz: by Phil Klein ( @philmobet ) Moonlight and Grace Reimagined (Single) The words of Phil Klein, Moonlight and Grace Playlist take you on a musical journey. One created by enduring melodies while touching the heart with feelings of nostalgia and romance. This tapestry includes many of my favorite recordings. Some could be straight out of the movies like Moonlight and Grace, Shadows and Whispers, and Pirates in Love. Standout performances abound with Kenny Washington's vocals on God Bless the Child and Marc Russo’s hair on fire sax solo on The Secret in Your Eyes among many others.

Classic Country/Country: Coal Miner's Daughter (Single Version) by Loretta Lynn. "Coal Miner's Daughter" is a song written and recorded by American singer-songwriter Loretta Lynn. It was originally released as a single in 1970 and became a number-one hit on the Billboard country chart. It was later released on an album of the same name. Produced by Owen Bradley, the song tells the story of Lynn's coal-mining father in rural Kentucky during the Great Depression.

Classic Country/Country/Bluegrass: by Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty. Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man (Single Version) Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man is the third collaborative studio album by Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn. It was released on July 9, 1973, by MCA Records. The album peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot Country LPs chart, becoming the duo's first album to top the chart. The album also peaked at No. 153 on the US Billboard Top LPs & Tape chart. The album's only single, "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man", was released in May 1973 and also peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot Country Singles chart, the duo's third consecutive single. Miss Loretta Lynn passed away peacefully in her sleep back on 10/04/2022. She was crowned Queen of Country Music. 

Enjoy the music, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for today's GSOTD post! Hope you're doing well, @MOHLovesAlaska. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

@AlyssaPandora thank you dear friend and thank you for your great support as always. 

It is great to be back posting now that things have quieted down for me (Seasonal work). 

Take care my friend, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Cocktailsat6
Opening Act

Thank you so much for adding “Remote” to the playlist! That was super kind of you, and I really appreciate it. -Mark 

You're welcome @Cocktailsat6 I thank you for your appreciation. 

Take care Mark and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist, one song is brand new by Ruelle. Enjoy the music. 

Pop/Rock/Singer-songwriter: Somebody Else by Ruelle. "Somebody Else" is an American song released on 25 February 2022 on the official channel of the record label - "Ruelle". Maggie Eckford or Margaret Eckford (born November 21, 1985), known by her stage name Ruelle, is an American electropop singer-songwriter. Her music has been used on television series such as the opening theme songs of Dynasties ("Game of Survival"), Shadowhunters ("This Is the Hunt"), and The Shannara Chronicles (Until We Go Down). 

Country: Rose Colored Glasses by John Conlee. "Rose Colored Glasses" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer John Conlee. It was released in April 1978 as the first single and title track from his debut album Rose Colored Glasses. The song peaked at number 5 in the United States and number 6 in Canada. Conlee wrote the song with George Baber. The song references the expression "rose-colored glasses," with the male narrator "deluding himself about the woman he loves."

Rock/Acoustic Rock: Bartender by Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds.  Matthews and Reynolds met in Charlottesville, Virginia, while Matthews was a bartender at Miller's. Reynolds encouraged Matthews' musical growth. Matthews wanted to join Reynolds' band TR3, but Reynolds told him to form his own band. Matthews went on to form Dave Matthews Band (DMB).

Have a great day. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday morning welcome to the GSOTD post and playlist. I will be adding three songs that have all been released earlier this year. Enjoy the music.

Pop/Singer-songwriter: I Lost Myself In Loving You by Jamie Miller. In Jamie's own words, “In December I went into the studio and I wrote I Lost Myself In Loving You. For the first time in a long time, I had something to say,” relates Jamie Miller. “For the first time, I could express what was going on…It was an opportunity to move past and let go. That’s why this song means so much to me. Because I’m not scared or ashamed of the person I am today. I’m proud and happy that I was able to move past such a difficult time in my life.”

Dance-pop/Synth-pop: Bad Habits (feat. Bring Me The Horizon)  by Ed Sheeran. "Bad Habits" is a song by English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran. It was released on 25 June 2021, through Asylum and Atlantic Records as the lead single of his fifth studio album. The song marked his first solo release from an album in over four years. "Bad Habits" was a commercial success, peaking at number one in 28 countries including Australia, Belgium, Canada, Germany, Hungary, New Zealand, Switzerland, and South Africa, becoming the official first number-one hit on the newly launched South African Music Charts. In the United States, the song peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100. The song proved to be particularly successful in both the United Kingdom and Ireland, as it spent eleven consecutive weeks at the top of both the U.K. Singles Chart and the Irish Singles Chart and also became the best-selling single of the year in both countries. 

Pop/Easy Listening/Singer-songwriter: Lighthouse by Birdy. In her own words, "At first I was worried that this song might be cheesy because it’s so sweet. I had originally played it for piano, and when I changed it slightly on guitar, I fell in love with it. It’s about that invisible tie you have with someone you’ve been with for a long time. How sometimes you can just feel when they’re feeling a certain way and when they need help. 

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska