cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/27/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
531 Replies

Good Thursday afternoon, I will be adding three songs to The GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music.

Rap//Soundtrack//Trap: Guns Go Bang by Kid Cudi & Jay-Z. Guns Go Bang  Shawn Corey Carter, known professionally as Jay-Z, is an American rapper, songwriter, record executive, entrepreneur, and media proprietor. He is widely regarded as one of the most influential hip-hop artists in history and is also well known for being the former CEO of Def Jam Recordings, cultivating major industry artists such as Kanye West, Rihanna, and J. Cole. 

Scott Ramon Seguro Mescudi, better known by his stage name Kid Cudi, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor. He has widely been recognized as an influence on several contemporary hip hop and alternative acts. His lyrics are often autobiographical and describe his childhood hardships of depression, loneliness, and alienation, his struggle with alcohol and drugs into adulthood, as well as themes of spirituality, heartbreak, dissipation, and celebration. Cudi began to gain major recognition following the release of his first official full-length project, a mixtape titled A Kid Named Cudi, which caught the attention of American musician Kanye West, who subsequently signed Cudi to his GOOD Music label imprint by late 2008.

Pop Rock//Alternative Rock: Gotta Be Somebody by Nickleback. Gotta Be Somebody  "Gotta Be Somebody" is the first official single released from Nickelback's sixth studio album, Dark  Horse. Originally, the lead single from the album was set to be "If Today Was Your Last Day" but was changed instead to "Gotta Be Somebody". The song was digitally delivered to all formats on September 29, 2008. "Gotta Be Somebody" has been covered by American country music singer Bucky Covington in 2009, and English pop singer Shayne Ward in 2010. It was used in a video package for the 2008 Tribute to the Troops show.

Soul//Motown: Smiling Faces Sometimes by The Undisputed Truth. Smiling Faces Sometimes  "Smiling Faces Sometimes" is a soul song written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong for the Motown label. It was originally recorded by The Temptations in 1971. Producer Norman Whitfield had the song re-recorded by the Undisputed Truth the same year, resulting in a number-three Billboard Hot 100 position for the group. "Smiling Faces" was the only top 40 single released by The Undisputed Truth, and was included on their debut album "The Undisputed Truth". 

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice! Thanks for this post, @MOHLovesAlaska. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Good Monday morning, I will be adding three songs to The GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music.

Pop//Singer-songwriter//Folk: Save Part Of Yourself by Brandi Carlile. Save Part Of Yourself    As of 2021, Carlile has released seven studio albums and earned 18 Grammy Award nominations, including one for The Firewatcher's Daughter, six for By the Way, I Forgive You, three for her work as producer and songwriter on Tanya Tucker's album While I’m Livin’, and three for "Right on Time" from In These Silent Days. She was the most nominated woman at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards, with six, including nominations for Album of the Year, Record of the Year and Song of the Year. In 2019, Carlile formed an all-female quartet with Amanda Shires, Maren Morris, and Natalie Hemby called the Highwomen. They released their debut album, The Highwomen, in 2019 to critical and commercial acclaim, and won the Grammy Award for Best Country Song for the track "Crowded Table" in 2021.

Electro: A Charm/A Blade by Phosphorescent. A Charm/A Blade  Phosphorescent is the stage name of American singer-songwriter Matthew Houck (born July 27, 1980). Originally from Huntsville, Alabama, Houck began recording and performing under this nickname in 2001 in Athens, Georgia. He is currently based in Nashville, Tennessee.

Arena Rock//Pop Rock: Believer by Imagine Dragons. Believer  "Believer" is about someone who finds meaning in the pain in his life. ... The song is the declaration of a person who has experienced great pain in his life but who has learned important things about himself through those experiences. “Believer” is a song performed by Imagine Dragons – an American pop-rock band.

Have a great Monday, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning, I have three songs that will be added to The GSOTD post and playlist, enjoy the music.

Classic Country//Country-pop: Kiss You All Over by Exile. Kiss You All Over  " Kiss You All Over " is a 1978 song performed by the group Exile, written by Mike Chapman and Nicky Chinn. It was included on the band's album Mixed Emotions and featured lead vocalist Jimmy Stokley and guitarist J.P. Pennington on vocals.

Easy Listening//Soft Rock//Disco: Sexy Eyes by Dr. Hook. Sexy Eyes  " Sexy Eyes " is a song by Dr. Hook, released as a single in early 1980. It was the second of three singles from their LP Sometimes You Win. In the United States, the single reached No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100, tying it with " Sylvia's Mother " as the highest-charting song for the band, and was certified Gold by the RIAA.

Hard Rock//Classic Rock: What Is What Should Never Be by Led Zeppelin. What Is What Should Never Be (Remaster)  "What is and What Should Never Be" was one of the first songs on which Page used his soon-to-become trademark, Gibson Les Paul, for recording. The production makes liberal use of stereo as the guitars pan back and forth between channels. Robert Plant's vocals were phased during the verses. Record producer Rick Rubin has remarked, "The descending riff is amazing: It's like a bow is being drawn back, and then it releases.

Have a great Thursday, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist

@MOHLovesAlaska ive heard kiss you all over but could never figure out who it was by so thank you

ks

Good Wednesday afternoon to all who like and enjoy this post (myself self included) I will be back posting for The GSOTD post and Playlist. With the weather getting warmer my work becomes much busier, so please be patient. Thank you. 😊 

Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hooray!

Looking forward to your next post, @MOHLovesAlaska!

@AdamPandora thank you for your support, take friend and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday afternoon, I know it has been a while since the last post, but I'm here now. I have a request from a Jazz artist that some of you may remember Phil Klein ( @philmobet ) I added all of his song collection to The GSOTD post and playlist last summer. Well, Mr. Klein has a brand new single out called Moonlight and Grace this single also features two other musicians that Mr. Phil Klein mentioned. I will also be adding two more brand-new songs that came out earlier this year. Have a great Friday, and a great weekend. Enjoy the music. 

Orchestra//Instrumental: Moonlight and Grace (feat Elizabeth Vandervennet & Itaiguara Brandao) by Phil KleinMoonlight and Grace (Orchestrated Version) (Single) If you are a fan of music for films, Moonlight and Grace, will be right up your alley. Featuring the Oakland Symphony’s, Elizabeth Vandervennet on cello and Brazilian great, Itaiguara Brandao on acoustic guitar, they will take you on a soaring and uplifting magical journey on Phil’s latest. A little background about Elizabeth Vandervennet, Beth Vandervennet’s formative years were spent in Michigan. Beth began her cello studies many moons ago at the ripe old age of 10, simply because she was drawn to the fact that nobody else in the strings class dared to select the large behemoth of a cello—it was also convenient that her home was a stone’s throw from the public elementary school. I will also add some background information on Itaiguara Brandao, Itaiguara Mariano Brandão is a New York City-based recording artist and bassist. A native of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Brandão has toured internationally and recorded extensively with a wide range of Latin and World Music artists such as: Dianne Reeves, Ivan Lins, Marcos Valle, Toquinho, Carlos Lyra, Roberto Menescal, Leny Andrade, Joyce, Paulo Braga, Randy Brecker, Dom Salvador, Paquito D'Rivera, Claudio Roditi, Robin Eubanks, Jovino Santos-Neto, Emílio Santiago, Elba Ramalho, Guilherme Arantes, Romero Lubambo, Léo Gandelman among many others. He has recorded on major labels such as Sony BMG as well as on numerous independent labels. Brandão has been one of the most sought-after Brazilian bassists in the Northeast and freelance musicians in the United States, having completed nearly 6,500 performances in the past 25 years. 

Pop//EDM: Green Green Grass (Sam Feldt Remix) (Single) by George Ezra. Green Green Grass (Sam Feldt Remix) (Single)  DJ, producer, entrepreneur, and sustainability pioneer Sam Feldt has established himself as one of the most sought-after electronic artists of recent times. Building his career around distinctly feel-good sound, Sam already has a double album and a multitude of top-selling releases under his belt. The platinum-selling DJ and producer have proven himself to be an entrepreneur at heart, with his own platform Fangage – meant for artists to connect with their fans better – and the launch of his own record label Heartfeldt Records in 2020. (Courtesy of www.genius.com/artists/Sam-feldtOn 12 February 2018, Ezra released the first episode of his podcast George Ezra & Friends, a show that typically ranges from 45 minutes to an hour and a half during which he talks to other artists. The series began with guest Ed Sheeran on 12 February 2018. Ezra's inspiration for the podcast was listening to other podcasts featuring "comedians chatting with other comedians".

Folk//Pop: Lighthouse by Birdy. Lighthouse This is what Birdy said about her song Lighthouse, "At first I was worried that this song might be cheesy because it’s so sweet. I had originally played it for piano, and when I changed it slightly on guitar, I fell in love with it. It’s about that invisible tie you have with someone you’ve been with for a long time. How sometimes you can just feel when they’re feeling a certain way and when they need help."

Have a great weekend, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for this post, @MOHLovesAlaska! 👍🎶

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

@AlyssaPandora thank you for your continued support for this post and for the This Day In The History Of Music post that I also do (even though it has been ages ago since my last post). Your support and the support of a few others make it all worthwhile. Thank you again dear friend. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

philmobet
Underground
Fabulous post Matt.

Can’t thank you enough going the extra miles.

You’re the best!!

Take good care.

Yours,

Phil K.

@philmobet your welcome, anytime. I wish you the best in all that you do. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday afternoon, can you believe we are starting the fifth month of 2022 already, where does the time go? Well, anyway, welcome to GSOTD for this Monday. I will be adding three songs to today's post and playlist. Have a great Monday and enjoy the music. 

Folk//Singer-songwriter: Worry No More by Amos Lee. Worry No More  Amos Lee is an American singer-songwriter whose musical style encompasses folk, rock, and soul. He was born in Philadelphia and graduated from the University of South Carolina with a degree in English. After working as a schoolteacher and bartender he began to pursue a career in music. His manager Bill Eib, an artist manager and new artist development agent, submitted a demo recording to Blue Note Records which resulted in a recording contract and association with singer Norah Jones.

Folk Rock: Tangled Up In Blue by Bob Dylan. Tangled Up In Blue  "Tangled Up in Blue" is a song by American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, which was released as the opening track on his 15th studio album Blood On The Tracks (1975). The song was written by Dylan and produced by David Zimmerman, Dylan's brother. Released as a single, it reached No. 31 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song concerns relationships and contains different narrative perspectives. Dylan has altered the lyrics in subsequent performances, changing the point of view and details in the song.

Pop//Soft Rock: Let Somebody Go by Coldplay & Selena Gomez. Let Somebody Go  "Let Somebody Go" is a song by British rock band Coldplay and American singer Selena Gomez, recorded for the band's ninth studio album, Music of the Spheres. The song was produced by Max Martin, Oscar Holter, Rik Simpson, Daniel Green, and Bill Rahko, and co-produced by Metro Boomin. The song was released for digital download and streaming through Parlophone as the third single from Music of the Spheres on 7 February 2022. 

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

I really like Amos Lee. I just discovered him last year and have a station based on him. His song "Sweet Pea" is really good. I have it in my favorites playlist.

@UncleBud I will make a note of that song, when I add the song, I will also mention you for the request (suggestion). Thank you for your support of this post. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the newest GSTOD post, @MOHLovesAlaska! 🎶

Good Tuesday afternoon, there are three songs that will be added to the GSOTD post and playlist for today, the first two will be added by request, the first request comes from @Trevor1 and the song of choice is by Sasha Alex Sloan, and her new song New Normal, the second request comes from @UncleBud and his song of choice is Sweet Pea by Amos Lee who also happens to be a repeated artist from yesterday's post. The third and final song I will be adding is just by random choice. Have a great Tuesday, and enjoy the music. 

Pop: New Normal by Sasha Alex Sloan. New Normal  This is what Sasha Alex Sloan says about her new album. Welcome to “I blame the world.” I’ve been calling it my coming of age album (because I’m a boomer now lol) where I started looking more outward than inward. After being stuck in my house for 2+ years, I started to get really angry at everything and everyone around me. I also fell into quite the depression, which is where a lot of these songs stem from. I started asking “why?” which led to songs like “**ahem**” and “I blame the world.” I also moved to Nashville and everywhere I turned saw “live, laugh, love” signs during my peak depression, which inspired that lol. I hope you don’t hate this album and maybe put it on some playlists or something for all the boomers out there. And even if you don’t, it’s all good because as this album suggests… nothing matters 🙂 

Singer-songwriter: Sweet Pea by Amos Lee. Sweet Pea  Supply and Demand is the second album by singer-songwriter Amos Lee, which was released on October 3, 2006. The first single from the album was "Shout Out Loud". Two songs are available for listening to on Amos' official website. The album was produced by former Wallflowers and Natalie Merchant bassist Barrie Maguire.

Pop//Rythym and blues: idontwannabeyouanymore by Billie Eilish. idontwannabeyouanymore  According to Eilish, “Idontwannabeyouanymore” is an “inside of me song”. In a post on Instagram, she told her fans to listen to the song if they’d want to hear what resided deep inside her head and feel her feelings. Here are Eilish’s words regarding the meaning of this song:

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@MOHLovesAlaska You know, I have a lot of stations and playlists I rotate and listen to. About once a month I listen to this playlist. I enjoy the variety. I like this post and this playlist.

@UncleBud thank you for your support for this post. I must say since you have become a regular here in the Pandora Community it has become quite a bit livelier, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska