cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/27/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
534 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for today's post, @MOHLovesAlaska. Hope you have a nice start to your weekend! 😎

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, @MOHLovesAlaska - I'm going to check these out.

Appreciate you always taking the time to share new music with everyone! 

@AlyssaPandora@AdamPandora thank you friends for your support and for your very kind replies.

Have a great Friday, and a wonderful weekend. Take care my friends, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday afternoon, here are the three songs I chose for the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music. 

Pop Rock: Sitting, Writing, Wishing by Jack Johnson. It is both written and performed by Jack Johnson and produced by Mario Caldato Jr. It is certified Gold by the RIAA. It is the sixth song on “In Between Dreams”, the song was released in February 2005. 

Country/Singer-songwriter: Other Side Of Town (Live) by John Prine. This song tells of a man who’s been married for a long time, long enough that the edges of his relationship are more than a little frayed. The story is told from his perspective and it begs the question, “what does she think?” 

Pop/Electropop/Synth-pop/Singer-songwriter/Electronic: Bejeweled by Taylor Swift. The song describes the narrator’s frustration with her lover, who does not value her as she deserves. In retaliation, she goes out for a night on the town. Despite her lover no longer being enchanted by her, she knows **ahem** well that she can dazzle any room that she steps into. This song appears to have taken place at the 2016 Met Gala, where Taylor was wearing a shiny dress and had a dance-off with actor Tom Hiddleston while seemingly having relationship issues with her then-boyfriend DJ Calvin Harris.

Have a great Monday, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday morning, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music. 

Blues rock: Have You Ever LovedWoman? by Derek and The Dominos.  Derek and the Dominos was an English–American blues-rock band formed in the spring of 1970 by guitarist and singer Eric Clapton, keyboardist and singer Bobby Whitlock, bassist Carl Radle, and drummer Jim Gordon. All four members had previously played together in Delaney & Bonnie and Friends, during and after Clapton's brief tenure with Blind Faith.  " Have You Ever Loved a Woman " is a blues song written by Billy Myles and first recorded by American blues artist Freddie King in 1960. 

Blues rock/Acoustic: I'll Take Care Of You by Beth Hart And Joe Bonamassa.  Los Angeles-based singer-songwriter Beth Hart, known for her raw and powerful blues-rock sound, wraps her expressive vocals around the classic soul cover album don't explain - an album that grew out of her friendship with blues-rock guitarist Joe Bonamassa. produced by Kevin Shirley (Joe Bonamassa, led zeppelin, Black Crowes), the album features harts interpretations of ten soulful blues songs, with Bonamassa on guitar and his ace band filling out the tracks. Could she become the next Janice Joplin? Well, there is only one Janice and only one Beth Hart. 

Delta blues/Gypsy Jazz/Riverboat Jazz: Got My Own Thing Now (Remastered 2016)    by Squirrel Nut Zippers.  Squirrel Nut Zippers is an American swing and jazz band formed in 1993 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, by James "Jimbo" Mathus, Tom Maxwell, Katharine Whalen, Chris Phillips, Don Raleigh, and Ken Mosher. 

Have a great day, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music. 

Christian: The Struggle by Zach Williams. 'The Struggle' is about personal stories of redemption in my life," Williams shares. "This recording is new, but it was actually the first song I ever wrote after becoming a Christian." "Even if you haven’t struggled with addiction, you probably know someone who has," he continues. "So many of us have moments where we feel worn down and don’t know where to turn. I pray 'The Struggle' can help you feel the hope of Jesus at the end of the tunnel. If you find yourself wondering, 'Father, can You take away these tears,' 'The Struggle' is my testimony that He can—and has—for me… and can for you too."

Indie rock: Black Waves / Silver Moon by Phosphorescent. Phosphorescent is the stage name of American singer-songwriter Matthew Houck. Originally from Huntsville, Alabama, Houck began recording and performing under this nickname in 2001 in Athens, Georgia. He is currently based in Nashville, Tennessee.

Pop/Alternative pop: Traitor by Elley Duhé. Elley Duhé is an American singer-songwriter. Born in Mobile, Alabama, she was raised on the Gulf Coast in the small towns of Vancleave, Mississippi, and Dauphin Island, Alabama.

Have a great Wednesday, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist, enjoy the music. And remember you can make requests if you so choose to do so, but please be sure they are clean (non-explicit) thank you, friend. 

Alternative Rock: High and Dry by Radiohead. Radiohead’s “High and Dry” is told from the perspective of a commoner talking to his friend who has just achieved his 15 minutes of fame through motorcycling. The narrator sounds doubtful about his friend remaining level-headed. Yorke is in the exact opposite position in life. He is the one who struck gold and is super famous.

Pop: Whisper by A Fine Frenzy. Alison Sudol is an American actress, singer, songwriter, and music video director. She is known as the singer A Fine Frenzy, and for her role as Queenie Goldstein in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, as well as its sequels The Crimes of Grindelwald and The Secrets of Dumbledore. Her music has been featured in numerous television shows and movies.

Blues: Gravity by John Mayer.   "Gravity" is a song by American singer-songwriter guitarist John Mayer and is featured on three of his releases: the 2005 live album Try! by the John Mayer Trio, his 2006 studio album Continuum, and his 2008 live album Where the Light Is:  Mayer won Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for the first single from Continuum, " Waiting on the World to Change ". At the 51st Annual Grammy Awards, the live version of "Gravity" that appears in Mayer's Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles won the award for Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance.

Have a great Thursday take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
Tags (1)

Gage234-24
Opening Act

I like to get to know you

@Gage234-24 thank you for your support in this post. As far as wanting to get to know me, all I can say is, boy I sure hope you know what you are doin'. 

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Gage234-24
Opening Act

I do @MOHLovesAlaska  and hopefully you'll like me as well

Good Monday morning, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music.

Pop/Soul-pop/Blueyed-soul/Adult-Alternative/Smooth Jazz/Jazz/Piano/Singer-songwriter/Producer. Hurts To Be Alone by Norah Jones.  Norah Jones is an American singer, songwriter, and pianist. She has won several awards for her music and as of 2012, has sold more than 50 million records worldwide. Billboard named her the top jazz artist of the 2000's decade. She has won nine Grammy Awards and was ranked 60th on Billboard magazine's artists of the 2000s decade chart.

Reggae: Give Thanks by Iya Terra & Stick Figure.  Iya Terra is an American roots reggae and dub band based out of Los Angeles, California. Stick Figure is a reggae rock band from Southern California. The band was originally started by Scott Woodruff as a one-man band, with Woodruff writing and producing all the band’s albums. Other band members play and record during album production and live shows. Woodruff is a self-taught multi-instrumentalist and producer. He moved to Southern California from Massachusetts and started Stick Figure, using the nickname given to him in high school because he was skinny, tall, and stick-like. The band continues to write, record and tour as much as possible. The band has released seven studio albums and an instrumental album to date.

Hip-hop/Rap: Toosie Slide by Drake.  The official writing credits for “Toosie Slide” go to Drake and the song’s producer OZ. Despite the aforementioned dancers creating the dance, they played no role in the penning of the song. This isn’t the first time that Drake has worked with OZ. Prior to “Toosie Slide”, the pair collaborated on multiple projects, including the following: Travis Scott's 2019 hit "Sicko Mode" and Future's 2020 hit "Life Is Good." 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the GSOTD today, @MOHLovesAlaska! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

@AlyssaPandora you're welcome friend and thank you as always for the great support you give in the posts I do. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday morning I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist, enjoy the music. 

Motion Picture Soundtrack/Orchestra: Darkstarby Harold Faltermeyer, Lady Gaga, Hans Zimmer, and Lorne Balfe. Music score from the original motion picture Top Gun Maverick which was released earlier in 2022. 

Rock/Folk Rock/Blues Rock: Dixie Chicken by Little Feat.  Dixie Chicken is the third studio album by the American rock band Little Feat, released in 1973. Little Feat frontman Lowell George wrote this song with Martin Kibbee, who is credited as "Fred Martin." The pair were in a band together before Little Feat formed. Kibbee wrote the lyric, which was sparked when he drove past a sign in Los Angeles that said: "Dixie Chicken" (apparently advertising a restaurant). He says that by the time he drove home, he had the lyric written in his head.

Piano/Duet/Alternative: A Beautiful Noise by Alicia Keys & Brandi Carlile. "A Beautiful Noise" is a song recorded by American recording artists Alicia Keys and Brandi Carlile. The song was written by Keys, Carlile, Brandy Clark, Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna, Hailey Whitters, Linda Perry, and Ruby Amanfu. It was released as a single on October 29, 2020, through RCA Records.

Have a great Tuesday take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist. Enjoy the music.

Outlaw Country: Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?  by Waylon Jennings.  "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way" is a song written and performed by American country music artist Waylon Jennings. It was released in August 1975 as the first single from the album Dreaming My Dreams. The song was Waylon Jennings' fourth number-one on the country chart as a solo artist. The single stayed at number one for one week and spent a total of sixteen weeks on the country chart.

Electro: Myth by Beach House.  The song was released as a single on March 26, 2012. The song surfaced on the band's website on March 7, 2012, before its commercial release. " Myth " received very positive reviews from contemporary music critics. The song was chosen upon release as Pitchfork Media's "Best New Track".

Hip-Hop/Trap: Do We Have A Problem?  by Nicki Minaj & Lil Baby.  "Do We Have a Problem?" is a song by Trinidadian-born rapper Nicki Minaj and American rapper Lil Baby. It was released on February 4, 2022. The music video runs nine minutes long and is inspired by the 2010 movie Salt. In the United States, the song debuted and peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100, and topped the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. Internationally, it reached number three in South Africa, and 14 in Canada. 

Have a great Wednesday, take care, and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist, enjoy the music.

Country/Duet: Does He Love You by Reba Mcentire & Linda Davis.  "Does He Love You" is a song written by Sandy Knox and Billy Stritch, and recorded as a duet by American country music artists Reba McEntire and Linda Davis. It was released in August 1993 as the first single from Reba's compilation album Greatest Hits Volume 2. It is one of country music's several songs about a love triangle.

Pop/Piano: Lonely by Noah Cyrus.  Noah Lindsey Cyrus is an American singer and actress. As a child actress, she voiced the titular character in the English dub of the film Ponyo, as well as having minor roles on shows like Hannah Montana and Doc. In 2016 she made her debut as a singer with the single "Make Me" featuring Labrinth, which peaked at number 46 on the Billboard Hot 100. She has released three extended plays: Good Cry, The End of Everything, and People Don't Change. Her debut studio album The Hardest Part was released on September 16, 2022. She was nominated for Best New Artist at the 63rd Annual Grammy Awards. 

Progressive Rock: The Great Gig In The Sky by Pink Floyd.  "The Great Gig in the Sky" is the fifth track on The Dark Side of the Moon, the 1973 album by the English progressive rock band Pink Floyd. The song features music by Richard Wright and non-lexical vocals by Clare Torry.

Have a great Thursday take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Gage234-24
Opening Act

Answer me Bub

@Gage234-24 hello I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I had to go and do some tree-cutting for my brother today. And as far as last week goes I took a week off for personal reasons. So what can I do you for friend?

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
Tags (1)

Good Monday morning I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and playlist, one artist whose music I will be adding to the GSOTD has only 246 monthly listeners, 246 I was amazed and shocked, especially after listening to her music, she has an astonishing voice, and great music as well. So do your ears a favor and treat them to the song I post this morning. I will also be adding more of her music as the week ages. Oh, and her name is Chloé Caroline. 

Singer-songwriter/Pop: Saving Space by Chloé Caroline.  Chloé says, “‘Saving Space’ was originally inspired by my own experience after meeting someone that set the spark and standard for the kind of relationship and love I wanted...but we never got a chance to be together due to COVID. The "what-if" kept me awake at night because I knew I couldn’t allow myself to wait around, I had to release control and live my life but I also wanted to remain hopeful that what I wanted in a relationship really did exist. I could “save space” for that while still moving forward. I put Saving Space on TikTok and Instagram as a rough demo and the number of people that related to it was incredible....my phone blew up with comments and questions. This song is for every person that knows what it is like to save space for someone or something they can't shake—it's about truly trusting in perfect timing.”

Indie folk/Pop: New Soul by Yael Naim & David Donatien.  "New Soul" is a song by the French-Israeli R&B/soul singer Yael Naïm, from her self-titled second album. The song gained popularity in the United States following its use by Apple in an advertisement for their MacBook Air laptop. In the song, Naïm sings of being a new soul who has come into the world to learn "a bit about how to give and take". However, she finds that things are harder than they seem. The song, also featured in the films The House Bunny and Wild Target, features a prominent "la la la la" section as its hook. It remains Naïm's biggest hit single in the US to date, and her only one to reach the top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100.

Bedroom-pop/2-step garage/Alternative: Just For Me by PinkPantheress  "Just for Me" (stylized in sentence case) is a song by PinkPantheress  It was produced by Mura Masa and released on August 13, 2021, through Parlophone as the fourth single from her debut mixtape, To Hell With It. Prior to being released, a snippet of the song posted to TikTok by PinkPantheress went viral on the platform. The bedroom pop, 2-step garage, and alternative pop song is a spiritual successor to PinkPantheress's song "Pain", and is written about her unhealthy obsession with a crush. "Just for Me" received critical acclaim and peaked at number 27 on the UK Singles Chart and at number 49 on the Irish Singles Chart. A low-resolution music video for the song, directed by PinkPantheress and Lauzza, was released on 9 September 2021 and depicts PinkPantheress singing to a crowd of depressed youths. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday afternoon and welcome to GSOTD. I will be adding four songs to today's post and Playlist. The first two songs are by Phil Klein @philmobet . He is a Jazz artist, music composer as well as mixer. He is brilliant in his field, and having over 3 million plays of his music and work I think you will agree he is still going strong as you hear his latest creative music of the first two songs. The last two songs were chosen at random. Enjoy the music. 

Acoustic Jazz: Alone In Space by Phil Klein ( @philmobet ) playing guitar is Brazilian guitarist Itaiguara Brandào. YouTube has a video available for this song, just type in Phil Klein and you will see all his music videos that are available for your viewing. It is well worth watching. 

African Folk: Bolero Afrikan by Phil Klein ( @philmobet ) another masterpiece by Phil, and the video is truly amazing, it shows the majestic landscape of Africa with it's beautiful waterfalls and of course Africa's beautiful wildlife. This video is also available on YouTube. If you love to be pleasured than go watch the video.

Alternative Rock/ Alternative/ Indie/ Synth-pop/ Rock: Into The Ocean (Album Version) (Clean)  by Blue October "Into the Ocean" is the second single from Blue October's fifth album, Foiled. The song peaked at #53 on the Billboard Hot 100, while the music video for sales of one million in the United States. It was also featured in The Sopranos and Moonlight.

Alternative/ Indie: Heroes Never Die (feat. KRIGARÈ)  by UNSECRET. UNSECRET is both a cinematic, electronic, alt-pop production project whose identity has preferred to remain anonymous.

Have a blessed day, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska