cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/27/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
538 Replies

Good Friday morning, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and Playlist. Enjoy the music. 

R&B/Pop: Signs (Album Version) (Feat. Missy Elliott) by Beyoncé. "Signs" by Beyoncé featuring Missy Elliot is a song that speaks to the artist's interest in astrology and her exploration of the zodiac signs that line up with her own. The song's intro sets the premise, stating that each sign has its own mode or specific traits while the song's verses explore the different signs that Beyoncé has encountered and how each sign affected her emotions. The chorus highlights that Beyoncé loves all signs in the zodiac with none being better than the other. In the first verse, Beyoncé mentions that she fell in love with a Sagittarius who encompassed traits of two signs, Sagittarius and Gemini. While he was exciting, he also had a flip side. In the second verse, Beyoncé desires a lover who shares similar traits as her sign, Virgo, and can show her love because she was hurt by a Pisces. She also wants someone who is sexy like a Scorpio, yet sensitive like a Cancer. The bridge of the song continues the exploration of various signs, displaying how each sign can possess unique and unexpected traits. The bridge 2, enclosed by both artists Missy and Beyoncé, shows how no matter the zodiac sign, everyone can be loved and appreciated. Overall, the song "Signs" by Beyoncé is an ode to astrology and the various signs of the zodiac. It expresses Beyoncé's interest in the subject while simultaneously celebrating the differences and similarities of each sign. Courtesy of songtell.com. 

Soul/ Blues Soul: I'll Play The Blues For You (Edit) by Albert King. Cream made it popular, but bluesman Albert King originally recorded — though did not write — “Born Under a Bad Sign”, and it is rightfully the song he’s most often associated with. The blues classic was written by Booker T. Jones and William Bell, both of whom were essentially house musicians for Memphis-based soul label Stax Records. Although the Stax stable of artists was mostly soul musicians (notably Otis Redding), the label also took on funk (Isaac Hayes, the Memphis Horns) and the blues, King predominantly. Stax released the career-making Born Under a Bad Sign, on the same-titled album, in 1967. It was King’s first record with the label — but, despite its influence and the power of the single, not his best.

Pop/Alternative/Electronic/UK: You & I (Forever)  by Jessie Ware. Tough Love is the second studio album by English singer Jessie Ware, it was released on October 13th 2014 in the UK, and on the 24th of October it was released in the United States. The album is supported by the singles, Tough Love, Say You Love Me, You & I (Forever), and Champaign Kisses. 

Have a blessed weekend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

In honor of one of musics female greats I will be adding all three songs by the late Tina Turner. 

Pop: What's Love Got To Do With It  by Tina Turner. Tina Turner was wary about the fact that the single fit more into the pop genre instead of her typical R&B and rock and roll, even going so far as to call the song “terrible,” according to the 2021 HBO Documentary Tina. In 1993 Angela Bassett and Lawrence Fishburne starred in the movie "What's Love Got To Do With It" a movie that told the story of singer Tina Turner's rise to stardom and how she gained the courage to break free from her abusive husband, Ike Turner.

Pop/ Rock: The Best (2021 Remaster) by Tina Turner. "The Best" is a song by Welsh singer Bonnie Tyler from her seventh studio album "Hide Your Heart" (1988) written by Holly Knight and Mike Chapman. Produced by Desmond Child, Tyler's version became a top-10 hit in Norway but was a minor hit elsewhere. In 1989, American singer Tina Turner released a cover version of "The Best" for her seventh studio album, Foreign Affair. It became an international chart hit, reaching Platinum certification in the UK. In 1992, Turner re-recorded the track as a duet with Australian singer Jimmy Barnes. 

Rock/ R&B: Better Be Good To Me by Tina Turner. "Better Be Good to Me" is a song written by Mike Chapman, Holly Knight, and Nicky Chinn, recorded by Tina Turner for her solo record Private Dancer (1984) and released as a single in September 1984. The song was originally recorded and released in 1981 by Spider, a band from New York City that featured co-writer Knight as a member. Turner's version was successful in the United States and peaked at No.5 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No.6 on the then-Hot Black Singles charts. At the 27th annual Grammy Awards in 1985, Best Rock Vocal Performance, Female, one of four Grammys awarded to Turner's Private Dancer album at that ceremony. The song was also included on the Miami Vice soundtrack. (Courtesy of Wikipedia). 

Enjoy Tina Turner's top hits. Have a blessed day, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning, I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and Playlist. Enjoy the music. 

Reggae: The Happy Song by Yaksta. Kemaul M. Martin, professionally known as Yaksta, is an upcoming reggae and dancehall recording artist and songwriter from St. Mary, Jamaica. Growing up under the care of his single mother and sisters in an area categorized by many as a “ghetto” or “garrison”, life has never been easy for Yaksta. Rather than succumb to a life of violence and crime – the fate of many of his peers, Yaksta followed his passion for music. His drive to perform on the global stage has been admired by many. From his early childhood, he spent his formative years working on music projects and focused on reggae and dancehall culture as opposed to his studies. After several stints in hospitality at popular Jamaican beach resorts and running his own business selling clothes as a way to make ends meet, Yaksta decided a full-time life in music was the only path for him. “I am music incarnate and I’ve given up on avoiding my destiny”, he vows enthusiastically.

Pop: Die A Happy Man by Nelly. The song was co-written by Country singer Thomas Rhett it was released on September 28th, 2015. "Die A Happy Man" was covered by American Rapper artist Nelly in 2016 and released as a single on February 5th by Records and Epic Records. Nelly's version draws interest from hip-hop and dance music.

Country: When I'm With You by Chris Stapelton. In the album Starting Over Chris states. "There’s a lot on this record that I’m finding out, as I’m starting to talk about it a bit, was very reactionary and in the moment. On previous records, there was songwriting that probably took place in a working songwriter vacuum, that sat around for several years and found a purpose when it was time to make a record. This project is much more about my current day-to-day life." When I'm With You is the fourth song on Chris's album Starting Over.

Have a great Thursday, take care, and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice to see a new addition today, @MOHLovesAlaska. Thanks for taking the time to share these three songs for the GSOTD playlist. Have a wonderful Thursday! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

@AlyssaPandora thank you, dear friend, for your support, have a great Thursday. 

Take care and GOD bless.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday morning, and welcome to GSOTD. I will be adding three songs to today's post and Playlist. The first two songs are by the same artist David Kushner, he only has 12 songs in Pandora's library, but I think you'll agree the two songs are not just worth listening to but collecting for your own personal Playlist as well. Enjoy the music. 

Pop/Singer-songwriter: Daylight  by David Kushner. "Daylight" is a song by American singer-songwriter David Kushner. Kushner wrote the song with Hayden Robert Hubers, Jeremy Fedryk, and Josh Bruce Williams. The song was released back on April 14th of this year. 

Pop/Singer-songwriter: Burn by David Kushner. In an interview with Unpublished David states My song “Burn” is actually about my girlfriend's ex, so like lowkey a diss track. Okay. He was like a diagnosed narcissist and that caused a lot of issues in their relationship. I basically internalized my girlfriend’s experience with her ex in that one.

Alternative/Indie/Pop/Electropop: Never Felt So Alone  by Labrinth. "Never Felt So Alone" is a song by British singer-songwriter Labrinth which features uncredited vocals from American singer-songwriter Billie Eilish.

Have a great day, and a blessed weekend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for these new tracks, @MOHLovesAlaska. Have a great weekend! 🎶

@AlyssaPandora thank you dear friend, enjoy your weekend as well. 

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday morning and welcome to GSOTD. I will be adding four songs to today's post and Playlist. Enjoy the music.

Rock/Rock n' Roll: Copperhead Road by Steve Earle. It was released in 1988 as the first single and title track from his third studio album of the same name. The song reached number 10 on the U.S. Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, and was Earle's highest-peaking song to date on that chart in the United States.

Country: Turn It On, Turn It Up, Turn Me Loose (2002 Remaster) by Dwight Yoakam. Turn It On, Turn It Up, Turn Me Loose" is a song written by Kostas and Wayland Patton, and recorded by American country music artist Dwight Yoakam. The song peaked at #11 in the United States, and #5 in Canada 🍁.

Alternative Rock/Post-grunge/Pop rock: Lightning Crashes  by Live. "Lightning Crashes" is a song by American rock band Live. It was released in September 1994 as the third single from their second studio album, Throwing Copper. Although the track was not released as a single in the United States, it received enough radio airplay to peak at No.12 on The Billboard Hot 100 Airplay chart in 1995. The song also topped the Billboard Album Rock Tracks for 10 weeks and the Modern Rock Track charts for nine weeks. Internationally, the song reached No. 3 in Canada, No. 8 in Iceland, and No. 13 in Australia. The band dedicated the song to a high school friend Barbara Lewis, who was killed by a drunk driver in 1993. 

Hip-hop/Rap/Rhythm and blues/Dream pop: Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)  by Post Malone & Swae Lee. "Sunflower" received acclaim from music critics. It became Malone's third and Lee's first song as a soloist to top the US Billboard Hot 100 songs chart. The song ranked in the top ten of the chart for 33 weeks. 

Have a great day, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

What a great mix of songs, @MOHLovesAlaska.

Thanks for always putting these together! 

@AdamPandora thank you friend, and thank you for your support with this post. 

Take care and GOD bless.

MOHLovesAlaska

Sm13579
Underground

i like christian music its the best and uplifting!!!

@Sm13579 thank you for your response to this post, I will be posting on this thread regularly once my work slows down, which will be in a couple of weeks. If you post some of your favorite songs I will add them to the GSOTD Post and Playlist, I will also post your name along with your request. Thank you once again for your interest and, support. 

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday morning dear friend, and welcome back to GSOTD... Yes, it has been long overdue...I updated the GSOTD playlist earlier this morning the playlist lost nearly 20 songs due to the changes in the Pandora library. I will be adding three songs to the playlist this morning. I hope you enjoy the music. And remember you can make a request for music to be added, as long as it's not already on the playlist, and if it is I will inform you so you can choose an alternative song or songs...

Blues Rock/Pop Rock/Alternative RockMan Like That by Gin Wigmore. Virginia Claire Wigmore is a New Zealand singer and songwriter. Featured on the Smashproof single "Brother" in 2009, Wigmore went on to release five albums Holy Smoke, Gravel & Wine, Blood to Bone, and Ivory, with the first three having been chart-toppers on the New Zealand Albums Chart. She is known for her high-pitched and raspy voice.

Pop/Blue-eyed Soul: Who Can You Trust by Ivy Levan. The song is about a woman who is not trustworthy but she knows how to manipulate people. She talks about how love is just a way to get what you want and how she can feed you lies better than anyone else. Even though she is not a good person, she believes that no one else can be trusted either, so she justifies her actions. The chorus repeats the question of who else can you trust, emphasizing the idea that no one is reliable. Who Can You Trust is also the opening theme song for the Comedy Film Spy. 

Southern Rock/Blues Rock/Folk Rock: Sometimes by Larkin Poe  Larkin Poe is an American roots rock band led by sisters Rebecca Lovell and Megan Lovell. The band originated in north Georgia and is currently based in Nashville, Tennessee. Larkin Poe is known for their strong southern harmonies, heavy electric guitar riffs, and slide guitar, and their music often draws comparisons to the style of the Allman Brothers. The Lovell sisters have gained recognition for their energetic performances and musical prowess.   

Have a great Friday, enjoy the music, take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the recommendations, @MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning, and welcome to GSOTD, I will be adding three songs to today's post and Playlist. Enjoy the music.

Adult Alternative Pop/Rock, Contemporary Singer/Songwriter, Roots Rock: Mother Road by Grace Potter. Mother Road is the fifth solo studio album by American musician Grace Potter, released through Fantasy Records on August 18, 2023. As with Potter's previous two solo albums, it was produced by her husband Eric Valentine.

Requiem/ a cappella/Opera:  Pie Jesu Live by Malakai Bayoh. Malakai had the judges on their feet as he belted out Pie Jesu, with the panel praising it as ‘heavenly’. The teen – who fell in love with singing when he was seven, after joining a choir – impressed the judges so much that he only went and got a golden buzzer!  Following his stunning audition, Simon Cowell, 63, told him that there was ‘only one word’ to describe his performance… and that word was ‘golden’. The X Factor creator didn’t hesitate to press the special buzzer, sending Malakai straight through to the live shows. And with Malakai’s mum and sister in tears in the audience, they weren’t the only ones overcome with emotion, as new judge Bruno Tonioli, 67, wept all the way through. The teen – who fell in love with singing when he was seven, after joining a choir – impressed the judges so much that he only went and got a golden buzzer! Following his stunning audition, Simon Cowell, 63, told him that there was ‘only one word’ to describe his performance… and that word was ‘golden’. The X Factor creator didn’t hesitate to press the special buzzer, sending Malakai straight through to the live shows. And with Malakai’s mum and sister in tears in the audience, they weren’t the only ones overcome with emotion, as new judge Bruno Tonioli, 67, wept all the way through. (Translation meaning Merciful Jesus) 

Contemporary Christian/Adult Alternative: Praise You In This Storm (feat. Phil Wickham) By Casting Crowns. "Praise You In This Storm" is a song recorded by contemporary Christian music band Casting Crowns, released by Beach Street and Reunion Records. Written by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms and produced by Mark A. Miller, it was released on January 28, 2006, as the second radio single from the band's 2005 album Lifesong. Inspired by the band's experience with a girl, Erin Browning, who died of cancer, the song has the lyrical theme of maintaining faith through difficulty. 

Have a great day, take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday afternoon, welcome to GSOTD (clean), I will be adding three songs to today's post and Playlist. Enjoy the music.

Pop/Folk/Singer-songwriter/Rock: Nothing But Love by Jewel.  Freewheelin' Woman is the thirteenth studio album by American singer-songwriter Jewel, released on April 15, 2022, via her label, Words Matter Media. It is Jewel's first album in seven years, following 2015's Picking Up the Pieces. The album was co-produced by Jewel and Butch Walker and was developed with the intention for Jewel to create music that she felt connected to and excited about rather than creating to meet expectations. Lyrically, the album touches on themes of independence, hope, womanhood, and heartbreak. 

Pop/Rock/Alternative Pop/Alternative Rock/Pop-Rock: Losing The Plot by Alanis Morissette. In 2019, Morissette left Los Angeles with her husband and children for Northern California, where she moved to be closer to her best friends and redwood forests. She hasn't looked back since. That's because moving was about more than just Morissette's love for skiing on Lake Tahoe. That's the story she tells intimately in "Losing The Plot." Beyond the song's universal questions, it also tells us the very personal journey of a middle-aged rock-pop star struggling in an industry that idolizes women ages 17 to 29 and gives older women reductive views. As she told Vogue, after reaching middle age, Morissette became "super disenfranchised" with the city. 

Ballad: What Am I Doing Here by Dido. Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong, known professionally as Dido. "What Am I Doing Here" by Dido is a poignant and introspective song that delves into themes of longing, missed opportunities, and the search for true connection. The artist explores the feelings of emptiness and displacement that arise from being physically present but emotionally distant from someone you deeply care about. 

Have a great Tuesday, take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday afternoon, welcome to GSOTD. I will be adding three songs to today's post and Playlist. And remember this dear friend, you can make a request or post your music here as well. Enjoy the music.

Singer-songwriter/Acoustic Guitar: I'm Ready by Tracy Chapman. The song "I'm Ready" features the line "I'm ready" multiple times, which was taken from the popular children's TV show, 'Spongebob Squarepants', and is said by Spongebob himself. The song is about falling in love, and the singers are coming off in such an outspoken way because they are lonely and crave a significant other yet have no one to hold on to.

Rock: What's The World Coming To by Fleetwood Mac. At its core, “What’s the World Coming To” reflects on the state of the world and the uncertainties that surround us. The lyrics delve into the challenges and changes occurring in society, questioning the moral and ethical fabric of the world. The song poses introspective questions about the direction humanity is heading, highlighting the struggles and conflicts prevalent in our modern times. Fleetwood Mac expresses concern about the degradation of values and the impact it has on individuals and society as a whole.

Rock/Country Rock/Pop-Rock/ Hard Rock: All She Wants To Do Is Dance by Don Henley. "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" is a song written by Danny Kortchmar and performed by Don Henley, co-lead vocalist and drummer for Eagles. It was released as the second single from Henley's second studio solo album, Building the Perfect Beast  (1984), and was Henley's sixth solo single overall. It was one of Henley's most commercially successful singles, peaking at No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100, and also became his third song to top the Top Rock Tracks chart. 

Have a great Thursday, take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday afternoon. I will be adding three songs to the GSOTD post and Playlist. Enjoy the music.

Pop/Pop Rock/Classic Rock: Rock'n Me by Steve Miller Band. "Rock'n Me" (also known as "Rock 'N Me" or "Rock 'N' Me") is a song by American rock band Steve Miller Band, released in 1976 from the band's ninth studio album Fly Like an Eagle  (1976). It was written by primary band leader and songwriter Steve Miller and released as the second single from the album. Miller also produced the song and album. The North American release of the single was generally credited to Steve Miller as an individual. In contrast, the European release was generally credited to the Steve Miller Band as a whole group. The song achieved lasting commercial and critical success, with Billboard labeling it "an immediate audience grabber". It became the band's second #1 hit on the US Billboard Hot 100, where it stayed at the top for one week, it also topped the Canadian RPM  Top Singles chart. In later years, the song has been included in several compilation albums such as 1978's Greatest Hits 1974–78  and 1991's The Very Best of the Steve Miller Band.

Adult Contemporary/Singer-songwriter: Goodnight Moon by Shivaree. "Goodnight Moon" is a song by American alternative rock band Shivaree, written by Ambrosia Parsley and Duke McVinnie. It is the seventh track on the band's debut album, I Oughtta Give You a Shot in the Head for Making Me Live in This Dump  (1999) and was released as the band's debut single on March 24, 2000. The song topped the Italian Singles Chart and became a top-30 hit in France. Shivaree has not had another such hit, making them a one-hit wonder

Alternative/Alternative Pop/Electronica/Folktronica/Pop/Oslo: Cherry Came Too by Flunk. Flunk is a Norwegian electronic band consisting of producer Ulf Nygaard, guitarist Jo Bakke, vocalist Anja Øyen Vister, and bassist Ole Kristian Wetten. Drummer Erik Ruud played with the band between 2012 and 2020.

Have a great Tuesday, take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your SOTD, @MOHLovesAlaska. I look forward to checking them out! 🎶