cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSOTD (Genre Songs Of The Day) (Clean Only)

genre song of the day_updatedusername.png

Pop: Foolish Games by Jewel.   Foolish Games (LP Version) "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All-Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. (Side note). This is my favorite overall song, as well as the artist. 

Easy Listening: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.  Unchained Melody  The repertoire included some of the Righteous Brothers' best-known songs, such as "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," "Soul & Inspiration," "Unchained Melody", but also the later "Rock and Roll Heaven", as well as Bill Medley's "The Time of My Life".

Country: Making Believe by Emmylou Harris. Making Believe (2003 Remaster) Emmylou Harris is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. She has released dozens of albums and singles throughout her career and has won 14 Grammys, the Polar Music Prize, and numerous other honors, including induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2018 she was presented with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

Christian/ Christian Contemporary: How Can It Be by Lauren Daigle.  How Can It Be Lauren Ashley Daigle was born on September 9, 1991. Daigle grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana in an environment of zydeco, Cajun, and blues music.

Rock/ Rock-n-Roll: She Talks To Angels by The Black Crowes.  She Talks To Angels  This is regarded by many as The Black Crowes' best and most well-known song. It hit number one on the US Album Rock Tracks chart and number 70 on the UK Singles Chart in 1991. The eighth track on The Black Crowes ‘ 1990 album Shake Your Money Maker and one of the singles from the album.

download (11).jfif Genre Songs Of The Day (GSOTD)  Updated as of 3/27/24.

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
539 Replies

@AlyssaPandora hello friend!!! How was your New Year? I thank you for your support and friendly reply. I hope you like the songs. Have a great Tuesday.

Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday afternoon, and yes!! It has been a while since the last posting of GSOTD... I will be adding three songs to today's post and Playlist...Enjoy the music...

Blues: Lie To Me by Johnny Lang. A musical prodigy, Jonny Lang was just 15 years old when this song was released on his major label debut album, also titled Lie To Me. In a 2017 interview with Lang for Songfacts, he said: "I don't think I related to any of the songs until I was in my 20s, as far as life experience goes! At least not in a way where the meaning I could understand. I wasn't necessarily singing from a place of experience - it was just more from a place of just singing music."

Hip-Hop/R&B: In The Dark by Swae Lee & Jhene` Aiko. “In the Dark” is a collaborative song by Swae Lee and Jhené Aiko. It was featured in the soundtrack of the Marvel Studios film“Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”. The song captures a plea for recognition and appreciation, emphasizing that both artists deserve more than what they have been given. 

Folk Rock/Country Rock/Singer-songwriter: Old Man by Neil Young. "Old Man" is a song written and performed by Canadian rock singer-songwriter and guitarist Neil Young from his 1972 album Harvest. "Old Man" was released as a single on Reprise Records in the spring of 1972, reaching number 4 in Canada, and number 31 on the Billboard Hot 100  singles chart for the week ending June 3.  The song was written for the caretaker of the Northern California  Broken Arrow Ranch, which Young purchased for US$350,000 in 1970 (equivalent to US $2,637,446 in 2022). The song compares a young man's life to an old man's and shows that the young man has, to some extent, the same needs as the old one. James Taylor played six-string banjo  (tuned like a guitar) and sang on the song, and Linda Ronstadt also contributed vocals. 

Have a blessed day...Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Tuesday afternoon welcome to GSOTD I will be adding three songs to today's post and Playlist. Enjoy the music...

Amapiano/ Pop: Truth or Dare by Tyla. "Truth or Dare" is a song by South African singer Tyla from her upcoming debut studio album Tyla  (2024). It was released via Fax and Epic Records as a promotional single alongside two other tracks on 1 December 2023, before impacting rhythmic contemporary radio in the United States as the album's third single on 13 February 2024.

Christian/Gospel: There Was Jesus by Zach Williams & Dolly Parton. "There Was Jesus" is a song written by Christian rock musicians Zach Williams, and Jonathan Smith, and country music songwriter Casey Beathard. A Williams duet with country legend Dolly Parton, it was released on October 3, 2019, as the second single from his album, Rescue Story. It won a Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song at the 2021 Grammy Awards. "There Was Jesus" received nominations for the GMA Dove Award  Song of the Year and Pop/Contemporary Recorded Song of the Year at the 2021 GMA Dove Awards.

Jazz/Swing/Soul/Vocal pop: L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole. Originally an instrumental penned by Milt Gabler for Bert Kaempfert's Blue Midnight album in 1964, this song was covered with added vocals by Nat King Cole for the title track of the last album released before his death on February 15, 1965. Cole also recorded the song in four other languages - French, German, Italian, and Japanese. Artists that have covered the song include Cole's daughter, Natalie Cole on her 1991 album, Unforgettable…With Love, Michael Bublé for a bonus track on his 2007 LP, Call Me Irresponsible, Joss Stone for a single release and advertising campaign for Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle fragrance, and Jools Holland and his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra for the 2008 set the Informer.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday afternoon dear friend, welcome to GSOTD I will be adding three songs to today's post and playlist...Enjoy the music...

Hip hopYou (feat. Lil Wayne) by Lloyd. "You" is a song by American R&B  artist Lloyd featuring rapper Lil Wayne, and was produced by Big Reese and Jasper Cameron for Lloyd's second studio album, Street Love. It was recorded in the producer's basement. It is the first official single off the album. Lloyd himself has reported that he leaked the song to an Atlanta radio station to receive airplay. Originally, the song featured Atlanta rapper Tango Redd, but he was replaced with Lil Wayne for the official release.

Roots Rock/Americana/Singer-songwriter/Folk: You Got Gold by John Prine. In 1989, Prine and his friend Keith Sykes sat down to write a song entitled “You Got Gold.” For two songwriters who spent years honing their craft, the task only took them one hour. According to Sykes (2020), “John had the line ‘You got gold’ when we started. I started throwing lines out there for the verses and John did too. When he came up with the line that said “I got some gold inside me too,” I looked at him and said “Now we got a real one!'” In 1991, “You Got Gold” became track No. 12 on John Prine’s 10th album The Missing Years. The album featured well-known artists such as Tom Petty, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, and John Mellencamp.  For John and Keith, a song that took only an hour to write proved to have a much longer-lasting impact. The album went on to win a Grammy for Best Contemporary Folk Album that year. “We said to each other we thought this one might go places, and it has proved us right over the years.” Sykes (2020). Mr. John Prine passed away on April 7th, 2020...

Rock/Hard Rock/Heavy Metal: Thunderstruck by AC/DC. "Thunderstruck" is a song by Australian hard rock band AC/DC, released as the lead single from their 1990 album The Razors Edge. It peaked at No. 4 on the Australian ARIA Singles Chart, No. 1 in Finland, and No. 5 on the US Billboard  Album Rock Tracks chart. In 2010, "Thunderstruck" topped Triple M Melbourne's Ultimate 500 Rock Countdown in Australia. The top five were all AC/DC songs. The song is used in movies such as Deadpool 2Planes: Fire & RescueVarsity BluesThe Longest YardKatie and OrbieBattleship, and Daddy's Home, among others, as well as TV shows.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday afternoon...Welcome to GSOTD I will be adding three songs to today's post and Playlist. One of the songs is brand new from Andra Day... Enjoy the music...

Urban Contemporary/R&B/ New Jack Swing/: Florida by Jaheim. “Florida,” tells the heartbreaking story of Tray, a young man whose life was cut short. The song begins by describing Tray as a young man with dreams and aspirations. However, everything changes on that fateful day. Tray receives a call from his girlfriend, and moments later, the call abruptly ends. Little did Tray know that this call would be his last. As the lyrics unfold, it becomes clear that Tray is unarmed. He was shot by a neighbor, who later confessed. The tragedy is intensified by the fact that Tray is only 17 years old, leaving behind unfulfilled dreams. It is a painful reminder of the senseless violence that plagues our society and takes away innocent lives.

Rap/R&B: Rather Be by H.E.R. In “Rather Be,” H.E.R. explores the vulnerability that comes with experiencing emotional pain. The track reflects the singer’s longing for a deeper connection in a relationship, expressing her desire for an unwavering commitment. The lyrics paint a picture of someone willing to endure the highs and lows of love, despite knowing the risks involved. H.E.R.’s soulful voice, combined with the poignant instrumentation, further highlights the raw emotions conveyed in the song. (H.E.R., an acronym for Having Everything Revealed,).

R&B/Soul/Pop/Blues: Where Do We Go by Andra Day. Andra Day is back. The Grammy-winning singer and Oscar-nominated actress has released her new song, “Where Do We Go.” The soul-stirring ballad finds Day yearning to reconnect with a former love. As much as she wants to give in to temptation, she reminds herself that “we closed that door.” Where Do We Go was released on January 19, 2024.

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for the GSOTD! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

@AlyssaPandora you are welcome...And thank you as always for your great support dear friend...

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday afternoon...Welcome to GSOTD...I'm calling this Rocking Friday with the 80's...All three songs are rock songs from that era...Enjoy the music...

Pop rock/New wave: Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work. "Who Can It Be Now?" is a song by Australian band Men at Work. It was released in Australia in 1981, before recording their 1981 debut album Business as Usual, on which the track was later included. "Who Can It Be Now?" reached No. 2 on the Australian singles chart in August of that year, and was awarded a gold disc for sales of over 50,000 copies in Australia. The song also hit No. 45 in New Zealand. Released in Canada in early 1982, the track peaked at No. 8 in late July. This spurred an American release of the song, and the single, by then well over a year old, went on to hit No. 1 in the US in October 1982. "Who Can It Be Now?" was also a modest hit in the UK, reaching No. 45. As one of Men at Work's biggest hits, it was featured on their later compilation albums, and a live version can be found on Brazil. The song remains a popular symbol of new wave music and has been featured on numerous 1980s compilations. The band performed both this song and "Down Under " live on Saturday Night Live on 23 October 1982.

Doo-wop/Blue-eyed soul/Rock/Pop/New Wave: The Heart of Rock & Roll by Huey Lewis And The News. The song was inspired by a gig the band played in Cleveland, Ohio. Cleveland, at the time, was known for its rock scene, but the band remained defiant of this claim believing their hometown of San Francisco had the better scene. After playing the show Lewis relented, with initially the title phrase being "The heart of rock and roll is in Cleveland", based on a comment Lewis made to the band, but he changed it to "The heart of rock and roll is still beating". According to him the message of the song is "There's real rock and roll in other places than LA or New York." The single peaked at number six on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.

Pub Rock/Roots Rock/Blues Rock: Sultans Of Swing by Dire Straits. Sultans of Swing is a song by British rock band Dire Straits, written by lead vocalist Mark Knopfler. The song was inspired by watching a hopeless jazz combo play in a deserted pub. The song was recorded as a demo in July 1977 and became popular after it was played on BBC Radio London. The song was later included in the band's debut album and became a hit single in 1978.

Have a blessed Friday and a wonderful weekend...Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday morning...I do hope you had a blessed weekend...I will be adding three songs to today's post and Playlist, one of the songs is new by Beyonce`...Enjoy the music...

R&B/Afrobeats/Pop/Hip Hop: Texas Hold 'EM by Beyonce`. You don't have to be a poker fan to know that 'Texas Hold 'Em' is a popular card game variant. In the song, Beyoncé encourages her "boy" to "lay [his] cards down" and "slow dance" with her. She's literally and metaphorically asking him to stop playing, let his guard down, and join her on the dance floor. However, the title is also a nod to Beyoncé's roots. The star was famously born and raised in Houston, Texas and a key part of country music is paying homage to your hometown. Backed by authentic country production, the song is overflowing with classic country references, dance directions, and call-and-response lyrics. In the song, Beyoncé sings about a "dive bar", "a real-life hoedown" and "rugged whiskey". She also sings about country attire, ending the song with the refrain: "Take it to the floor now / Hoops, spurs, boots." It's not all dancing and smiles though. In the first verse, Beyoncé alludes to hardships and uses dance as an escape. She sings: "There's a tornado / In my city / Hit the basement / That **ahem** ain't pretty." In the second verse she adds: "All of the problems / Just feel dramatic / And now we're runnin' to the first bar that we find." (The song was released on 2/11/24).

Pop-rap/Hip Hop/Scandipop:  Lost In The Moment (feat. Andreas Moss) by NF. The lyrics of “Lost in the Moment” delve into themes of self-reflection, emotional turmoil, and the struggle to find joy in life. In the first verse, NF talks about the difficulty of life and how people can change over time. He addresses the listener directly, acknowledging their problems with follow-through and expressing his frustration. He urges them to be honest and confront their emotions instead of trying to forget them. The chorus of the song emphasizes the feeling of being lost in the moment, as if time is slipping away and joy seems elusive. It speaks to the experience of being so consumed by pain and dissatisfaction that it becomes difficult to focus on anything else. In the second verse, NF talks about the fleeting nature of time and the constant struggle to find happiness. He questions whether living in the past is a fulfilling way to exist and conveys a sense of frustration with someone who seems stuck in their mental state. NF highlights the importance of addressing one’s thoughts and emotions before they become overwhelming.

Rap/Miami Hip Hop/ EMO Rap: Changes by XXXTENTACION: "Changes" (stylized in lowercase ) is a song by American rapper and singer XXXTentacion, released on March 2, 2018, as the second single from his second studio album. The song has an uncredited feature from fellow American rapper and singer PnB Rock. Written by the performers alongside producer John Cunningham, it is XXXTentacion's last single to be released during his lifetime .

Have a great Monday...Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska Thanks for helping kick off the week with these songs. I'll be tuning in for sure! 

@AdamPandora I hope you enjoy the tunes friend...Thank you as always for your support...

Have a great day...and a blessed week...Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday afternoon welcome to GSOTD I will be adding three songs to today's post and Playlist. Enjoy the music...

Adult Alternative/Indie Rock/Acoustic Pop: Ashes And Wine by A Fine Frenzy. The song debuted in 2007, the song is about a relationship that is just about over, but the one wants it to keep going, she wants it to be back on fire, for it to taste as sweet as the sweetest wine you have ever tasted...Then she asks the question, Are we like Ashes and Wine? The fire has burned out and is now ashes and the sweetness of the wine has been emptied without the chance of it being replenished...

Southern Rock/Roots Rock/Hard Rock: Remedy by The Black Crowes. "Remedy" is a song by American rock band the Black Crowes from their second album, The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion  (1992). It appears as the second track on the album. "Remedy" reached number one on the US Billboard  Album Rock Tracks chart in May 1992 and stayed there for 11 weeks. On the Billboard Hot 100, the song peaked at number 48. It also reached number 24 on the UK Singles Chart, becoming the band's highest-charting single in the United Kingdom, and entered the top 10 in New Zealand and Norway.

Jazz Fusion/Folk/Folk Rock/Jam Band: Mad Man's Eyes by Dave Matthews Band. "Madman's Eyes" is a song by American jam band Dave Matthews Band. It was released on January 24, 2023, as the lead single from their tenth studio album Walk Around the Moon. The song was first played live by the band in 2021. "Madman's Eyes" peaked at number four on the Billboard  Adult Alternative Airplay chart, the band's highest placement since "Mercy " in 2012.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning welcome to GSOTD. I will be adding three songs to today's post and playlist. Enjoy the music...

Pop/Hip-Hop: Only My Way by DNAB. “Only My Way” by DNAB is a track that was released on July 8, 2022. It’s available on various platforms, including YouTube and Apple MusicThe song has a duration of approximately 2 minutes. I have searched high and low and this is all the info there is...

Hard Rock/Blues Rock/Folk Rock/Heavy Metal: Kashmir by Led Zeppelin. "Kashmir" is a song by the English rock band Led Zeppelin. Featured on their sixth studio album Physical Graffiti  (1975), it was written by Jimmy Page and Robert Plant with contributions from John Bonham over three years with lyrics dating to 1973. John Paul Jones was late arriving at the studio for the recording sessions, so did not receive a writer's credit. The song became a concert staple, performed by the band at almost every concert after its release. It has been described as one of Led Zeppelin's two most overtly progressive epics (the other being "Stairway to Heaven ").

Jam Band/Modern Folk Rock: The General by Dispatch. "The General" is a song by the roots rock band Dispatch. It appeared on their 1997 album Bang Bang and became one of the group's most well-known songs. This song, written by Chadwick Stokes, tells a story about a brilliant and battle-torn 19th century general, who has a dream in which he realizes the futility of the war he is fighting.

Have a great Thursday...Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

alida
Underground

i love it thanks...

@alida you are welcome...I thank you for your support as well as your friendly reply...

Take care @alida and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday afternoon friend...I will be adding four songs to today's GSOTD post and Playlist...I want to thank @Trevor1 for suggesting Something Real by Alison Wonderland...That will be the second song added to today's posting...Enjoy the music...

Folk/Folk-pop/Singer-songwriter/Lilith/Neo-mellow: I'll Be Here by Colbie Caillat. There’ve been many versions of this song and I originally wrote it this way back in 2011 with Brett James. I eventually released it in 2016 called “Never Gonna Let You Down” with some of the songs tweaked by Kenny Babyface Edmonds, Jason Reeves, and I. I always loved the original, and my family, friends, and manager Chad encouraged me to release it. We thought it would be fun to have it be a duet and I have always been a huge fan of Sheryl Crow. I thought she would be perfect for this song!

EDM/Electropop/Chillwave/Trap/: Something Real by Alison Wonderland. It’s the only love song I’ve ever written. I don’t ever feel that inspired by positive things when I’m making art, but this is the happiest song I could make. When I listen to it now, I am smiling because I know that when I wrote it, I was purely happy and grateful and in disbelief that I had changed my reality so much. I’m so happy I was able to channel that energy into sound. Thank you @Trevor1 for once again suggesting this song in the community...

R&B/Soul: Only Human by SiR. Sir Darryl Farris (born November 5, 1986), known mononymously as Sir (stylized as SiR), is an American singer and songwriter. Born and raised in Inglewood, California, he released his debut album Seven Sundays (2015), via indie label Fresh Selects. He would go on to secure a record deal with Carson-based indie label Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE), where he released his second album in November (2018). His third album, Chasing Summer (2019), was also issued by TDE, in conjunction with major label RCA Records.

Neo soul/Pop/Dance-pop/R&B: Anywhere Away From Here by Rag'n'Bone Man & P!nk. I’d met P!nk when my first record came out, and we played a gig in Paris together. She’s just proper nice and a really down-to-earth person. She watched our live set and obviously really enjoyed it. I met her again at the BRITs a couple of years later and planted the seed about working together. I sent her ‘Anywhere Away From Here’, and she was like, ‘Yeah, I love it. I’m going to do it.’ I’m so proud of it because although it feels poppy, it’s still quite understated. It doesn’t feel like a forced power ballad.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend...Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing, @MOHLovesAlaska!

I especially love that track by SiR! 

His new album HEAVY is amazing. 🎶

Good Monday afternoon dear friend...I will be adding three songs to today's post and Playlist...Enjoy the music.

Neo mellow/Viral pop/UK pop/Singer-songwriter: Quietly Yours by Birdy. Jane Austen completed her first draft of Persuasion in July 1816, aged 40. Written in a cottage of Elizabethan origin at Chawton in southern England, she based many of her characters on local Chawton folk. In early 1816, Austen had fallen ill with what many biographers believe to be Addison's Disease, and by the middle of that year, her decline was unmistakable. She completed Persuasion while propped up on two chairs.
Austen wrote to her niece in March 1817, telling her she had a novel "which may appear about a twelve month hence." Sadly, Austen passed away on July 18, 1817, and John Murray published Persuasion, her last completed novel, posthumously on December 20, 1817.
Birdy wrote "Quietly Yours" for Netflix's 2022 adaptation of Persuasion starring Dakota Johnson. Persuasion recounts the story of Anne Elliot, who is "persuaded" by others to break her engagement with Navy Captain Frederick Wentworth because of his uncertain future. Anne cannot find another love like she had with Captain Wentworth, and when they cross paths again after a seven-year separation, she confronts her unfulfilled feelings for him.
With the English novelist's storyline in mind, Birdy details the emotions of a love rekindled after a separation of many years. She sings of "quietly keeping hope in her heart" after breaking up with a romantic interest, and the "sweetest spring at my door" when he returns to her life. Birdy wrote "Quietly Yours" solo and co-produced it with Rich Cooper (Lucy Rose, Rina Sawayama).

Classic Rock/Glam Metal/Hard Rock/Pop Rock: Dreams by Van Halen. "Dreams" is a song by Van Halen released in 1986 from the album 5150. It was the second single from that album, and it reached number 22 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart that year. It was released in 7" and 12" single formats. The 7" single features the album version, while the 12" features a slightly extended one. Nine years after its original release, "Dreams" introduced the band to a new generation of fans when it appeared in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie and on its soundtrack album. "Dreams" was written during the Sammy Hagar era of the band. It was performed during most tours featuring Hagar, including the final Hagar reunion tour. Even the Gary Cherone–headed tour supporting Van Halen III  featured the song in their setlist. The song was also used to close the 2004 Democratic National Convention, played after the acceptance speech of John Kerry. It was also used as the campaign's theme song at rallies across the country in 2004.

Yacht Rock/Country Rock/Southern Rock/Classic Rock/Mellow Gold: So Into You by American Rhythm Section. "So into You" is a 1977 hit single by the Atlanta Rhythm Section. It was the first release from their sixth studio LP, A Rock and Roll Alternative. In "So into You", the singer admits an instant and mysteriously compelling attraction to a stranger entering the room, and is unable to focus on anything else. He attempts to gain the stranger's attention, hoping that she will be able to make a personal connection and that the "vibe" he feels will be mutual. It has been rumored that the woman in real life was Leslie Hawkins, one of the "Honkettes" backup singers of Lynyrd Skynyrd and that drummer Robert Nix was smitten with her. This has never been confirmed, however. The song became their greatest hit, spending three weeks at number seven on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and two weeks at number five on Cash Box. It did best in Canada, where it reached number two, blocked from the top only by the Eagles ' "Hotel California ". "So Into You" was also an Adult Contemporary hit: it reached number 11 in the U.S. and number 12 in Canada.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday afternoon, welcome to GSOTD I will be adding three songs to today's post and playlist...Enjoy the music...

CCM/Gospel/Worship/Rock: Grace Is On Our Side by Verticle Worship. The lyrics of “Grace Is On Our Side” speak of the boundless love and faithfulness of God. The song begins by describing God’s unfailing kindness and mercy, which continually reaches out to us. It reminds us that no matter what battles we face, God is always on our side. The assurance of God’s presence and love is a comforting thought, especially when we find ourselves amid challenging circumstances.

Dance-pop/Pop/Post-Teen-pop: Alibi (feat. Rudimental) (The Other Girl Version) by Ella Henderson & Natasha Bedingfield. Natasha Bedingfield is featured on a new version of Ella Henderson 's hit ‘Alibi (Feat. Rudimental)’. The revenge anthem, out now, samples the late Coolio’s 90s classic ‘Gangsta’s Paradise (feat. L.V.), and the original was a Top 10 hit for former 'X Factor star Ella. Ella, 28, said of duetting with the 'These Words' hitmaker: “Natasha is a pop music icon to me and has always held a presence in this industry for being a woman that speaks her mind and not being afraid of what anyone thinks - I respect that! I’m beyond excited for this collaboration, it’s a full circle moment as I grew up listening to the ‘Unwritten’ album.”

Pop/Pop Rock/Blue-eyed Soul/Funk Rock: Middle Ground by Maroon 5. "Middle Ground" is a song by the American pop-rock band Maroon 5. It was released as a single through 222, Interscope, and Polydor Records on May 19, 2023. The remix, a collaboration with American country singer Mickey Guyton, was released on August 11, 2023.

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your GSOTD posts, @MOHLovesAlaska. I always love going back and taking a look at your posts for new music to check out. Hope you're having a nice start to your week! ☀️

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 