Up & Coming Artist

Rock: Side Of a Bullet by Nickleback

Hip-Hop: Nothin but a G Thang by Dr. Dre

Rap: WooWAM by YBN Nahimr

Pop: Heatwaves by Glass Animals

Comedy: Pretty Pink Tractor by Tim Hawkins

EDM: We Are Young by Fun and Janelle Monae

New: A-Ok by Tai Verdez

sorry but i will add discriptions next time but I don't have time to add them today today

ks
Tags (1)
67 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your selections, @kayden_S! 👍

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

@kayden_S great job with this post, I may even use some of your choices for the GSOTD post and playlist, it sure would save me some time looking songs and different genres up for GSOTD post and playlist. I will give an ear to your selections. Have a great Thursday, take care, and stay safe. 

P.S. Any songs I use for GSOTD post and playlist I will make mention of you and your post. Be safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Listener001
Not applicable

Do you have a playlist made with all of these songs on it ?

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist

Country: Sun Daze by Florida Georgia Line from the album Anything Goes.

There’s some reggae in “Sun Daze,” which embraces the reggae sunsplash aspirations of its title.

Features of this song are: Country roots, mild rhythmic syncopation, major key tonality, slide guitars and, a prominent banjo part.

This song was released in 2014.

Rock: Thunderstruck by AC/DC from the album The Razor's Edge.

Features of this song are: Hard rock roots, a subtle use of vocal harmony, electric guitar wall-o-sound, call and answer vocals and, repetitive melodic phrasing

I could not find a discription for this song.

This song was released in 1990

Pop: 10,000 Hours by Dan and Shay feat. Justin bieber

This song currently is not in a album.

Features of this song are: Country roots, repetitive melodic phrasing, extensive vamping, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation and, paired vocal harmony.

This song was released in 2019.

RNB: Confessions by Usher from the album Confessions (Special Edition).

Features of this song are: Modern r&b stylings, a subtle use of vocal harmony, acoustic rhythm piano, extensive vamping and, minor key tonality.

This song was released in 2004

Rap: Suga Suga (feat. Frankie J) by Baby Bash from the album Tha Smokin' Nephew (Explicit) 

A refreshing combination of street smarts and respect for a woman’s body and character, “Suga Suga” is the high-profile single (originally released under Baby Bash ’s Baby Beesh moniker).

Features of this song are: West coast rap influences, gangsta rap influence, r&b influences, southern rap influences and, funk influences.

This song was released in 2003.

Hip-Hop: The Box by Roddy Ricch from the album Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial (Explicit).

Features of this song are: hardcore rap influence, southern rap roots,headnodic beats, consistent rhyme patterns and, boastin' lyrics.

This song was released in 2019

EDM: Primadonna by Marina from the album The Green Mile.

I could not find a discription or features for this song.

This song was released in 2021

Comedy: Don't Look Now by Rodney Carrington from the album Nut Sack (Explicit)

Features of this song are: A comedic sensibility, country roots, acoustic rhythm piano, major key tonality and, melodic songwriting.

This song was released in 2002

I could not find a discription for this song.

New: Sidewayz 2 by Demun Jones from the album Southern Son.

Features of this song are: Country influences, hip-hop influences, mild rhythmic syncopation, heavy use of vocal harmonies and, paired vocal harmony.

I could not find a discription for this song.

Remixed: Bottoms Up by Brantley Gilbert feat. TI. from the album Just As I Am (Platinum Edition)

Bottoms up created a roar by grounding in ’70s outlaw and ’80s arena rock style. The original breakthrough hit “Bottoms Up” marched to a minor-key riff that echoes all throughout the album Just as I Am (Platinum Edition).

Features of this song are: Country roots, hip-hop influences, heavy use of vocal harmonies, repetitive melodic phrasing and, extensive vamping.

This song was released in 2015.

I would like to aplogize and warn uou that a lot of the songs in the new catagory are country because I listen to mainly country so that's the genra Pandora has for new. I sadly do not have plus or premium so I cannot make playlist for SOTW

I also decided i'll try to post mondays and thursdays

I am unable to pull up links for song requests so please just put the song's title and artist if you want to make a request for SOTW.

ks

@kayden_S great job on your postings, and don't worry too much about not having a playlist, if Pandorians what to listen to your songs of choice it only takes a copy then paste into the search bar for the song to show up. Looking forward to your next post. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist

do you think is to much or is it ok?

ks

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting, @kayden_S.

This is great and I'll check out the songs. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist

Country: Wasted on You by Morgan Wallen from the  album Dangerous: The Double Album (Bonus) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Country roots, a subtle use of vocal harmony, a twelve-eight time signature, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation and, major key tonality.

I could not find a description for this song.

This song was released in 2021.

Country #2: Underdogs by Chris Young from the album I'm Comin' Over.

Features of this song are: Country roots, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation, mixed minor & major key tonality, a vocal-centric aesthetic and, electric rhythm guitars.

This song was released in 2015

Rock: Lips of an Angel by Hinder from the album Extreme Behavior.

Features of this song are: Pop rock qualities, punk influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, major key tonality and, a vocal-centric aesthetic.

This song was released in 2005.                 

Rock #2: Next Contestant (2020 Remaster) by Nickelback from the album All The Right Reasons (15th Anniversary Expanded Edition).

Features of this song are: Hard rock roots, punk influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation and, minor key tonality.

This song was released in 2005

Pop: STAY by The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber From the album STAY (Single) (Explicit) 

Features of this song are: Mild rhythmic syncopation, call and answer vocals, extensive vamping, paired vocal harmony and, minor key tonality,

Pop #2: Lil Bit by Nelly & Florida Georgia Line from the album Lil Bit (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Country influences, hip-hop influences, extensive vamping, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation and, paired vocal harmony

This song was released in 2020.

RNB: S&M by Rihanna from the album Loud (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Electronica influences, R & b influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, extensive vamping and, minor key tonality.

This song was released in 2010.

RNB #2: Memory by Kane Brown & Blackbear from the album Memory (Single).

Features of this song are: R & b influences, heavy use of vocal harmonies, acoustic rhythm piano, repetitive melodic phrasing and, extensive vamping

Rap: Crazy Rap (Colt 45 & 2 Zig Zags) by Afroman from the album The Good Times (Explicit).

Features of this song are: West coast rap influences, a knack for catchy hooks, sparse beats, danceable beats and, sexist lyrics.

This song was released in 2016.

Rap #2: E-GIRLS ARE RUINING MY LIFE! by  CORPSE & Savage Ga$p from the album E-GIRLS ARE RUINING MY LIFE! (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Hardcore rap influence, southern rap influences, electronica influences, danceable beats and, busy beats.

Hip-Hop: Mama Said Knock You Out by LL Cool J From the album Mama Said Knock You Out (Deluxe Edition) (Explicit)

Features of this song are: East coast rap roots, a knack for catchy hooks, danceable beats, consistent rhyme patterns and, vocal samples.

It leaves no doubt that Mama Said Knock You Out was intended to be a tour de force, to regain LL Cool J ’s credibility while proving that he was still one of rap’s most singular talents. It succeeded mightily, making him an across-the-board superstar and cementing his status as a rap icon beyond any doubt.

Hip-Hop #2: Cyclone by Baby Bash from the album Cyclone

Features of this song are: West coast rap influences, club rap influences, southern rap roots, R&b influences and, electronica influences

Pop moments come off much better when Lil Jon brings one of his identifiable and infectious beats for “Cyclone” with T-Pain.

This song was released in 2007.

EDM: Leave Before You Love Me by Marshmello & Jonas Brothers from the album Leave Before You Love Me (Single)

Features of this song are:  A subtle use of paired vocal harmony, extensive vamping, major key tonality, an emotional male lead vocal performance and, romantic lyrics.

I could not find a description of this song.

EDM #2: Coffin Dance (Paradise Mix) by Coffin Dance & hannah koski from the album Coffin Dance (Paradise Mix) (Single).

Features of this song are: House roots, four-on-the-floor beats, electronica influences, danceable beats and, vocal samples.

I could not find a description of this song.

Comedy: Canine Companions explicit by Jeff Dunham from the album Spark Of Insanity.

Features of this song are: Male experiences, shouting, an amused delivery, one-liners and, anecdotes.

I could not find a description for this clip of the show.

This show was aired in 2019.

Comedy #2: Gay Factory Worker by Rodney Carrington from the album Morning Wood (Explicit).

Features of this song are: A comedic sensibility, a subtle use of vocal harmony, acoustic sonority, acoustic rhythm piano and, major key tonality.

I could not find a description for this clip of the show.

This song was released in 2000.

New: Check by Quin NFN from the album 4NUN (Explicit)

Features of this song are: Hardcore rap attitude, southern rap roots, gangsta rap attitude, danceable beats and, syncopated beats.

I couldn't find a description of this song.

New #2: Big Trucks (feat. Adam Calhoun, Dusty Leigh & Demun Jones) by Savannah Dexter from the album Savages (Explicit).

I could not find the features or the description for this song.

Remixed: This Is How We Roll (Remix) (feat. Jason Derulo & Luke Bryan) Florida Georgia Line from the album This Is How We Roll (Remix) (Single).

Features of this song are: Country roots, electronica influences, R & b influences, hip-hop influences and, mild rhythmic syncopation.

Remixed #2: Marry Me (Remix) by Thomas Rhett from the album Marry Me (Remix) (Single).

Features of this song are: Country roots, electronica influences, R & b influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony and, mild rhythmic syncopation.

There is no description for this song.

This song was released in 2018.

Folk: Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex from the album Sex & Violins.

Features of this song are: House roots, four-on-the-floor beats, country influences, a knack for catchy hooks and, danceable beats.

“Featuring ‘Cotton Eye Joe,’” reads the red stripe running across Rednex ’ debut, trumpeting “The sports arena hit!” Everyone from football supporters to face-painted NFL fans got their elbows a-flyin’ to this backwater Euro-dance novelty.

This song was released in 1994.

Folk #2: Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver from the album Poems, Prayers and Promises.

Features of this song are: Bluegrass instrumentation, country roots, folk influences, great lyrics and, acoustic sonority.

There is no description for this song.

This song was released in 1971.

Thank you to @MOHLovesAlaska @AlyssaPandora @Listener001 and @ErickPandora  for their input on me making SOTW.

And special thanks to @OBlock for helping to make this post.

ks

@kayden_S never worry about it being too much or too little, just make it the way you feel comfortable doing it. You will find your happy medium. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great job on starting the series off, this looks amazing!

I am so happy to have other contributors curating community playlists. The power of community in action right here. 😁🎶

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist
  • Country: Family Tree by Wheeler Walker Jr. from the album Redneck **ahem** (Explicit).

Features of this song are: A comedic sensibility, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation, major key tonality and, a heavy twang in the vocals.

Country #2: Backwoods by Justin Moore from the album Justin Moore.

Features of this song are: Country rock leanings, blues influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation and, major key tonality.

Rock: In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins from the album Dame Dash Presents Paid In Full / Dream Team (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Basic rock song structures, electronica influences, hip-hop influences, heavy use of vocal harmonies and, repetitive melodic phrasing.

Rock #2: Next Contestant (2020 Remaster) by Nickelback from the album All The Right Reasons (15th Anniversary Expanded Edition).

Features of this song are: hard rock roots, punk influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation and, minor key tonality.

Pop: Astronaut In The Ocean by Masked Wolf from the album Astronaut In The Ocean (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Southern rap influences, electronica influences, danceable beats, syncopated beats and, boastin' lyrics.

Pop #2:The Git Up (feat. Ciara) (Remix) by Blanco Brown from the album The Git Up (feat. Ciara) (Remix) (Single).

Features of this song are: Hip-hop roots, electronica influences, mild rhythmic syncopation, heavy use of vocal harmonies and, extensive vamping

RNB: SexBeat by Usher, Lil Jon & Ludacris from the album SexBeat (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Modern r&b stylings, hip-hop influences, a subtle use of paired vocal harmony, acoustic rhythm piano and, extensive vamping.

RNB #2: ROCKSTAR (feat. Roddy Ricch) by DaBaby from the album BLAME IT ON BABY (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Gangsta rap influence, southern rap influences, headnodic beats, syncopated beats and, smooth vocal style.

Rap: Love The Way You Lie (feat. Rihanna) by Eminem from the album Recovery (Deluxe Edition) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Hardcore rap influence, east coast rap influences, rock influences, danceable beats and, swingin' beats.

Rap #2: 'Till I Collapse by Eminem from the album The Eminem Show (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Hardcore rap attitude, club rap influences, midwest rap roots, basic rap roots and, danceable beats.

Hip-Hop: Yeah! by Lil Jon, Ludacris & Usher from the album 00s Party Mixtape (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Modern r&b stylings, hip-hop influences, heavy use of vocal harmonies, groove based composition and, repetitive melodic phrasing.

Hip-Hop #2: hot girl bummer by blackbear from the album everything means nothing (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Electronica influences, R & b influences, hip-hop influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony and, mild rhythmic syncopation.

EDM: Build a **ahem** by Bella Poarch from the album Build a **ahem** (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Electronica influences, mild rhythmic syncopation, extensive vamping, major key tonality and, subtle use of strings.

EDM #2: Horses by PnB Rock, Kodak Black & A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie from the album Horses (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Hardcore rap influence, club rap influences, gangsta rap influence, electronica influences and, basic rap roots.

I could not find a description for this song but I know it is from the movie F8 Of The Furious.

Comedy: Fat Girls, Nebraska Farmers, Japanese Restaurants (Live) by Rodney Carrington from the album Morning Wood (Explicit).

Features of this show are: Deadpan delivery, southern experiences, hostile comedy, southern American accents and, an amused delivery.

I could not find a description for this show.

Comedy #2: Drop 'Em Out by Wheeler Walker Jr. from the album Redneck **ahem** (Explicit).

Features of this song are: A comedic sensibility, mild rhythmic syncopation, heavy use of vocal harmonies, acoustic sonority and, repetitive melodic phrasing.

New: Buy Dirt (feat. Luke Bryan) by Jordan Davis from the album Buy Dirt.

Features of this song are: Alt. country qualities, folk influences, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation, thru composed melodic style and, major key tonality.

New #2: Like A Lady by Lady A from the album What A Song Can Do (Chapter One).

Features of this song are: Country rock leanings, country roots, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation and, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation.

Remixed: Drink To That All Night (Remix) by Jerrod Niemann & Pitbull from the album Drink To That All Night (Remix) (Single).

Features of this song are: Country roots, electronica influences, mild rhythmic syncopation, a clear focus on recording studio production and, mixed minor & major key tonality.

Remixed #2: Jolene (feat. Dolly Parton) by Pentatonix from the album PTX Vol. IV - Classics.

Features of this song are: Country influences, R & b influences, mild rhythmic syncopation, acoustic sonority and, call and answer vocals.

Folk: Thank God I'm a Country Boy by John Denver from the album Back Home Again.

Features of this song are: Bluegrass instrumentation, country roots, folk influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony and, acoustic sonority.

Folk #2: Guitars, Cadillacs (Live) by Dwight Yoakam from the album Live From Austin, TX (Live).

Features of this song are: Alt. country qualities, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation, extensive vamping and, a light swing groove.

If you have song requests, please put the title, artist and, genra not links. Thank you.

And check out @MOHLovesAlaska for GSOTD
ks

@kayden_S thank you for the support, and when you can, could you post Bmost's music, I mentioned it in my post, but I cannot add it to the GSOTD playlist, it is explicit. Thank you. 

P.S I will be looking over some of your selections to add to the GSOTD post and playlist. I will also be sure to mention you and your post as well. Thanks again, be safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist

• Country: The Way I Talk by Morgan Wallen from the album If I Know Me.

Features of this song are: Country roots, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation, extensive vamping and, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation.

Country #2: Somebody’s Problem by Morgan Wallen from the album Dangerous: The Double Album (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Country rock leanings, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation, extensive vamping and, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation

Country #3: Eyes Closed by Florida Georgia Line from the album Life Rolls On (Deluxe).

Features of this song are: Country roots, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation, extensive vamping and, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation.

Rap: Miss YOU! by CORPSE from the album Miss YOU! (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Hardcore rap influence, east coast rap influences, electronica influences, headnodic beats and, syncopated beats.

Rap #2: ROCKSTAR (feat. Roddy Ricch) by DaBaby from the album BLAME IT ON BABY (DELUXE) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Gangsta rap influence, southern rap influences, headnodic beats, syncopated beats and, smooth vocal style.

Rap #3: 'Till I Collapse by Eminem from the album The Eminem Show (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Hardcore rap attitude, club rap influences, midwest rap roots, basic rap roots and, danceable beats.

This song was released in 2002.

EDM: High Horse by Nelly, BRELAND & Blanco Brown from the album High Horse (Single).

Features of this song are: Modern r&b stylings, electronica influences, country influences, mild rhythmic syncopation and, heavy use of vocal harmonies.

EDM #2:  Turn Down For What (Remix) by DJ Snake & Lil Jon from the album Turn Down for What (Official Remix) (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Club rap roots, hardcore rap influence, gangsta rap influence, mellow breakbeat rhythms and, exaggerated enunciation.

EDM #3: High Hopes by Panic! At The Disco from the album Pray for the Wicked (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Electronica influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, acoustic rhythm piano, extensive vamping and, a busy horn section.

Pop: Best Friend (feat. Doja Cat) by Saweetie from the album Best Friend (feat. Doja Cat) [Remix EP] (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Club rap roots, southern rap influences, a knack for catchy hooks, party jam style and, danceable beats.

Pop #2: Lil Bit by Nelly & Florida Georgia Line from the album Heartland (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Country influences, hip-hop influences, extensive vamping, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation and, paired vocal harmony.

Pop #3: Fancy Like (feat. Kesha) by Walker Hayes & Kesha from the album Fancy Like (feat. Kesha) (Single).

Features of this song are: Hip-hop influences, mild rhythmic syncopation, repetitive melodic phrasing, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation and, major key tonality.

R&B: Confessions by Usher from the album Confessions (Special Edition).

Features of this song are: Modern r&b stylings, hip-hop influences, acoustic rhythm piano, call and answer vocals and, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation.

This song was released in 2004.

R&B #2: Confessions Part ll by Usher from the album Confessions (Special Edition).

Features of this song are: Modern r&b stylings, hip-hop influences, acoustic rhythm piano, call and answer vocals and, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation.

This song was released in 2004.

R&B #3: I Cry by Usher from the album I Cry (Single).

Features of this song are: Modern r&b stylings, electronica influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, groove based composition and, acoustic rhythm piano.

Remixed: Jolene (feat. Dolly Parton) by Pentatonix from the album PTX Vol. IV - Classics.

Original: Jolene by Dolly Parton from the album Jolene (Expanded Edition).

Features of this song are: Country influences, R & b influences, mild rhythmic syncopation, acoustic sonority, and, call and answer vocals.

This song was released in 2016.

Remixed #2: That's Why I Love Dirt Roads (feat. Lathan Warlick) by Granger Smith from the album Country Things

Original: That's Why I Love Dirt Roads by Granger Smith from the album Country Things.

Remixed #3: I Hope (feat. Charlie Puth) by Gabby Barrett from the album I Hope (feat. Charlie Puth) (Single).

Features of this song are: Country influences, R&B influences, a subtle use of paired vocal harmony, a clear focus on recording studio production and, minor key tonality.

Hip-Hop: Ride Wit Me (feat. City Spud) by Nelly from the album  Country Grammar (Deluxe Edition) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Modern r&b stylings, electronica influences, hip-hop influences, flat out funky grooves and, a heavy use of vocal harmonies.

This song was released in 2000.

Hip-Hop #2: Horseride by BRELAND from the album Horseride (Single).

Features of this song are: Country roots, hip-hop roots, heavy use of vocal harmonies, repetitive melodic phrasing and, extensive vamping.

Hip-Hop #3: Toosie Slide by Drake from the album Toosie Slide (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Club rap influences, southern rap influences, danceable beats, syncopated beats and, a smooth male vocal.

Rock: Something in Your Mouth by Nickelback from the album Dark Horse.

Features of this song are: Electric rock instrumentation, a subtle use of vocal harmony, minor key tonality, electric rhythm guitars and, prominent percussion.

This song was released in 2008.

Rock #2: All Summer Long by Kid Rock from the album Rock n Roll Jesus (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Basic rock song structures, mild rhythmic syncopation, heavy use of vocal harmonies, acoustic rhythm piano and, extensive vamping.

“All Summer Long,” has spin on “Night Moves” built entirely upon the chords from “Werewolves of London” with a slight lift from “Sweet Home Alabama” on the chorus.

This song was released in 2007.

Rock #3: Burn It to the Ground by Nickelback from the album Dark Horse.

Features of this song are: Hard rock roots, blues influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, extensive vamping and, major key tonality. 

Nickelback is not known for their insight, but Chad Kroeger’s caterwauling claim that “we got no class, no taste” on “Burn It to the Ground,” the second song on their sixth album, Dark Horse, is a slice of perceptive, precise self-examination

This song was released in 2008.

Deep cut: Sunshine Babies by Justin Moore from the album Outlaws Like Me.

Features of this song are: Country rock leanings, blues influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, repetitive melodic phrasing and, blues chord progressions.

This song was released in 2011.

Deep cut #2: White Tee (Alternate Bass Boosted Version) by CORPSE from the album White Tee (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Hardcore rap influence, southern rap influences, electronica influences, headnodic beats and, syncopated beats.

Deep cut #3: Countryside by Florida Georgia Line from the album Life Rolls On (Deluxe).

Features of this song are: Country roots, hip-hop influences, repetitive melodic phrasing, extensive vamping and, minor key tonality.

Instead of 2 songs for new, I'm adding an entire album to support Bmost.

New: The Haunting (Explicit).

This album was made by Bmost.

There are 9 songs.

This album was released 2021.

The songs in the same order as on the album are:

1. Round 1

2. This is me

3. Pass dat

4. This time

5. Haters

6. Nutta butta

7. Make it bounce

8. Bring em on

9. As I lay

And check out @MOHLovesAlaska for GSOTD

ks
Tags (2)

@kayden_S great post, and thank you for posting Bmosts music, and for the support. You take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love that you're posting these, @kayden_S!

Will be checking out your selections as I work today. 🎧

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist

im not gonna be able to post SOTW for a few weeks my schedule is really busy

ks

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist
  • Country: Louisiana Saturday Night by Mel McDaniel from the album I'm Countryfied.

Features of this song are: Acoustic sonority, acoustic rhythm piano, extensive vamping, major key tonality and, a vocal-centric aesthetic.

This older country-folk song is a good older party song and just a good spirit lifting song.

Country #2: Country Boy (feat. Charlie Daniels, Chris Young, & George Jones) by Aaron Lewis from the album Town Line.

Features of this song are: Country roots, bluegrass influences, folk influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony and, mild rhythmic syncopation.

I could not think of a description for this song.

Rap: Because I Got High by Afroman from the album The Good Times (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Hardcore rap influence, southern rap roots, sparse beats, headnodic beats and, straight beats.

“Because I Got High” is one of those genius, perfectly conceived and executed singles that seems to arise from the ether as if it has always been there. Sparely instrumented, recorded so nonchalantly it’s hard to believe that anybody believed that the tape was rolling, it’s a riot — it’s not just a frat rock anthem, it’s a logical, brilliant record, escalating from verse to verse, with its consciously off-handed comments still capable of eliciting extreme laughter on the 20th spin.

Rap #2: DAYWALKER! by Machine Gun Kelly & CORPSE from the album DAYWALKER! (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Hard rock roots, electronica influences, hip-hop influences, a subtle use of paired vocal harmony and, mild rhythmic syncopation.

EDM: Heartless (feat. Morgan Wallen) by Diplo from the album Heartless (Single) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Electronica influences, r & b influences, hip-hop influences, mild rhythmic syncopation and, a heavy use of vocal harmonies.

EDM #2: Dilemma (feat. Kelly Rowland) by Nelly from the album Nellyville. (Forgive me if this isn't EDM).

Features of this song are: Club rap roots, hardcore rap attitude, r&b influences, southern rap influences and, tremendous bass.

The few occasions where Nelly tries something new — namely on “Hot in Herre,” “Dilemma,” and “Rock the Mic,” three well-calculated, standout moments. The first is a trademark Neptunes production with an infectious hook, tailor-made for radio and club play; the second is a straight, saccharine interpolation of Patti LaBelle ’s 1983 hit “Love, Need and Want You” that features a duet with Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland , and is as likely to appeal to those who are old enough to know the original as those who are too young to realize how much of a straight cover this is.

Pop: Fancy Like (feat. Kesha) by Walker Hayes & Kesha from the album Fancy Like (feat. Kesha) (Single).

Features of this song are: Hip-hop influences, mild rhythmic syncopation, repetitive melodic phrasing, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation and, major key tonality.

Pop #2: STAY by The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber from the album F*CK LOVE 3: OVER YOU (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Mild rhythmic syncopation, call and answer vocals, extensive vamping, paired vocal harmony and, minor key tonality.

R&B: Shut Up And Drive by Rihanna from the album Good Girl Gone Bad.

Features of this song are: Pop rock qualities, electronica influences, r & b influences, a clear focus on recording studio production and, major key tonality.

Shut Up and Drive turns New Order ’s “Blue Monday” into a sleek, forthcoming proposition, one that is as undeniable and rocking as Sugababes ’ 2002 U.K. smash “Freak Like Me” (a cover of Adina Howard ’s 1995 hit that swiped from another ’80s single, Gary Numan ’s “Are Friends Electric?“). “Shut Up and Drive” is part of an all-upbeat opening sequence that carries through five songs.

R&B #2: S&M by Rihanna from the album Loud (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Electronica influences, r & b influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, extensive vamping and, minor key tonality.

There’s enough quality content to maintain Rihanna ’s visibility until her next truly eventful release. (This album, coming less than a year after Rated R, did not have much buildup.) The predatory StarGate /Sandy Vee-produced dance-pop (“S&M,” “Only Girl [In the World]”) is what works best here.

Remixed: The Devil Went Down to Georgia by Nickelback (This is a cover).

I could not find any features for this song.

The cover of this song is more modern rock and guitars instead of old folk and fiddles. This song ends up featuring more electric  guitar solos than you would normally see in a song. 

Original: The Devil Went Down to Georgia by The Charlie Daniels Band from the album Million Mile Reflections

Remixed #2: We Will Rock You (2020 Remaster) by Nickelback from the album All The Right Reasons (15th Anniversary Expanded Edition).

Features of this song are: A subtle use of vocal harmony, repetitive melodic phrasing, extensive vamping, major key tonality and, a vocal-centric aesthetic.  

This song is a cover of We Will Rock You by Queen but more modern rock than the original version. The more rough and gravely voice of lead singer Chad Kroeger seems to (In my opinion) fit the lyrics of the song better than the original.

Hip-Hop: Cyclone by Baby Bash and T-pain from the album Cyclone.

Features of this song are: West coast rap influences, club rap influences, southern rap roots, r&b influences and, electronica influences.

The more pop moments of this album come off much better when Lil Jon brings one of his identifiable and infectious beats for “Cyclone” with T-Pain

Hip-Hop #2: Country Grammar (Hot **ahem**) by Nelly from the album Country Grammar (Deluxe Edition) (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Club rap roots, southern rap roots, tremendous bass, a knack for catchy hooks and, danceable beats.

By the time of Country Grammar’s release in summer 2000, the album’s title track had become a major hit single for the previously unknown St. Louis rapper Nelly , who was making his national debut. In particular, the song’s tongue-twisting chorus is downright infectious: “I’m goin down down baby, yo’ street in a Range Rover/Street sweeper, baby, cocked ready to let it go/Shimmy shimmy cocoa what? Listen to it pound/Light it up and take a puff, pass it to me now” — or something like that.

Rock: When I'm Gone by 3 Doors Down from the album Away From The Sun.

Features of this song are: Pop metal qualities, electric guitar wall-o-sound, major key tonality, a vocal-centric aesthetic and, a dirty electric guitar solo.

The lead single “When I’m Gone” is a muscular blues-rocker that recalls Kenny Wayne Shepherd  — it’s representative of the album’s predominantly mid-tempo arrangements that focus on Arnold’s contemplative lyrics.

Rock #2: Thunderstruck by AC/DC from the album Iron Man 2.

Features of this song are: Hard rock roots, a subtle use of vocal harmony, electric guitar wall-o-sound, call and answer vocals and, repetitive melodic phrasing.

New: Bad Habits by Ed Sheeran from the album Bad Habits (Single).

Features of this song are: A subtle use of vocal harmony, extensive vamping, minor key tonality, a vocal-centric aesthetic and, acoustic guitar riffs.

New #2: Country Boy Do by Nelly & Tyler Hubbard (From Florida Georgia Line) from the album Heartland (Explicit).

Features of this song are: Electronica influences, hip-hop influences, heavy use of vocal harmonies, extensive vamping and, paired vocal harmony.

Thank to @MOHLovesAlaska and @AlyssaPandora for the support

ks
Tags (2)

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice! Thanks for this week's post, @kayden_S. Always happy to support and check out some new tunes that I haven't discovered yet. Hope you're having a great week thus far! 😎

kayden_S
Up & Coming Artist

This week I'm only using songs that pay tribute to the men and women oversea fighting for us.

Still A Soldier by Trace Adkins from the album Something's Going On.

Features of this song are: Country rock leanings, a subtle use of vocal harmony, acoustic rhythm piano, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation and, major key tonality.

This song pays tribute to all those men and woman fighting to keep us safe and free. While Still a Soldier is paying tribute there is just a bit of sadness in the song that makes you think he lost someone who was a soldier or he was previously a soldier.

Two Soldiers Coming Home by Lori McKenna from the album Act Of Valor.

Features of this song are: Country roots, a subtle use of vocal harmony, acoustic rhythm piano, major key tonality and, slide guitars.

This song is not only paying tribute but you can also hear that they are talking about the risks that soldiers take when they go over seas from the lines "When that plane landed we watched one soldier leave, but the other one we never got to see, a army band was playing, by a long black limousine".

Citizen/Soldier (Album Version) by 3 Doors Down from the album 3 Doors Down.

The features for this song are not currently available on pandora.

Naturally, a group this earnest does sing about matters of life and death, as on “Citizen/Soldier,” a salute to America’s National Guardsmen, that wound up being used in a National Guard recruitment ad in the year prior to the release of 3 Doors Down.

This song was requested by @AlyssaPandora

Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American) by Toby Keith from the album Unleashed.

Features of this song are: Country rock leanings, folk influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, acoustic rhythm piano and, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation.

 “Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue” is, as its subtitle suggests, filled with anger, telling the terrorists (whose “suckerpunch came flying in from somewhere in the back,” a rhyme so tantalizingly close to “somewhere in Iraq,” you will yourself to hear it every time it plays) that they’ll “get a boot in their **ahem**, it’s the American way.” Keith was scheduled to sing this on an ABC special on the fourth of July (not too coincidentally mentioned in the song), when apparently Peter Jennings objected to the tone of the song and asked the network to rescind the singer’s invitation, which then lead to reams of print and countless TV appearances that effectively sold Unleashed before it hit the stores. As it turns out, “Courtesy” is a bit misleading of a lead single, as is the title, since most of this album is hardly tough macho posturing. Sure, there’s some of it — such as the absurdly anthemic “Beer for My Horses,” a duet with Willie Nelson where the two of them hunt down modern day gangsters like cowboys, then drink to their accomplishments — but most of this album is tuneful singer/songwriterism.

Something to Be Proud Of by Montgomery Gentry from the album You Do Your Thing.

Features of this song are: Country roots, a subtle use of vocal harmony, acoustic rhythm piano, extensive vamping and, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation.

Something To Be Proud Of, a reflective country song that looks at the past as a way of informing the present. It’s got the anthemic chorus, but for the most part it digs deep into the heart of country music. The red, white, and blue individualism of the title cut may be hard for some fans to swallow — but unlike many others who sing anthems to jingoistic patriotism or make self-righteous accusatory judgments in the name of political correctness (the other censorship), these good ol’ boys offer tolerance at the heart of their message and insist on it in return.

Made In America by Toby Keith from the album Clancy's Tavern.

Features of this song are: Country roots, a subtle use of vocal harmony, thru composed melodic style, major key tonality and, electric rhythm guitars.

“Made in America” is an ode to middle America disconcertingly scored to echoing guitar copped from the Edge while keith is singing about how his dad was in the war and how he wont buy anything he cant fix, with WD 40 and a craftsman wrench."

Letters from Home by John Michael Montgomery from the album Letters from Home

Features of this song are: Country roots, folk influences, a subtle use of vocal harmony, acoustic sonority and, demanding instrumental part writing.

On Letters From Home, John Michael Montgomery ’s first album since the comprehensive 2003 collection The Very Best Of, the country singer doesn’t do any of these things. He’s continuing in the mellow, nostalgic direction of his last album, 2002′s Pictures , toning down some of his rowdier ways and settling into middle age. He’s not alone in retreating toward the familiar. Many of his peers have also spent much of the first part of the 2000s basking in nostalgia and patriotism, which is a reasonable response to 9/11. Unlike Toby Keith or Alan Jackson , Montgomery never mentions the terrorist attacks explicitly on Letters From Home, but the title track is from the perspective of a soldier overseas and on “That’s What I’m Talking About” he turns away from the talk of war by slipping under the covers.

Whiskey Lullaby (feat. Alison Krauss) by Brad Paisley from the album Mud On The Tires.

Features of this song are: Folk influences, mild rhythmic syncopation, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation, paired vocal harmony and, major key tonality.

This song is a tribute for soldiers and what they may face when they come home as well as what sadly happens to too many of the men and women who served this country. Sadly a fair share of veterans become homeless and get addicted to alcohol and drugs, and lose trust in the people they fought for. So if you see a homeless vet stop and give him a hug and/or food and let him/her know that someone cares.

ks