cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Phantom Zone

JackPhantom
On the Rise

jpskull.jpg

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)
7 Replies

JackPhantom
On the Rise

Editing doesn't seem to work on this, so:

@ErickPandora suggested I showcase my Pandora music song list as a Playlist - which has been described as "Cinematic Horror Jazz". I've done one better and expanded it with the music of other artists who have the same kind of theme, one way or anyother.

Please enjoy.

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JackPhantom Thanks for calling that out. I am working to get that resolved ASAP.

Listening to your music, which has been described as "cinematic horror jazz" is definitely on my to-do list for this weekend! I will let you know what I think early next week. I am excited to check out your music and others in this category, which I had no idea of before today. You've opened up my eyes to something new.

Thanks for taking the time to share your music!

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

JackPhantom
On the Rise

Not sure if it's a category. I just padded it with artists that influenced me on my own journey.

My biggest problem right now is figuring out where my audience is. Two "industry professionals" were like "I can so totally tell you who you sound like, just send me a track" and then came back with "hey, this is..... wow. No, you're right. This is different, somehow."

If I was a trap guy, I'd just try to get programmed on Trap 101, you know? What I do is jazz, but in a world where it's instrumentalists showing off on the same changes...... the biggest compliment I get is "I have no idea how to sell this."

JackPhantom
On the Rise

@ErickPandora having heard it - any thoughts? Not looking just for effusive praise, "wasn't my thing" is just as valid. 🙂

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JackPhantom I've added the playlist to My Collection since I liked it so much! "A Song for Amy" is one of my favorites on the playlist! I enjoy instrumental music when working on projects, so this is definitely something right up my alley.

If I were in your position, I'd keep my primary targeting to fans of instrumental jazz while continuing to add your own flavor to it. It is difficult to box your music into a specific genre but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. That's how you separate yourself from the crowds.

I love the cinematic intro in "Goodbye to Love" as it gave me the sense that I was listening to a jazz film score throughout the whole song. Keep doing your thing! I am glad you shared your music and playlist! Thank you, @JackPhantom.

0 Kudos

JackPhantom
On the Rise
@ErickPandora

Discovering my audience is the biggest hurdle right now, for sure.

Thank you for your kind words, and the actual Amy (the woman I'm married to) is secretly chuffed that the song everyone digs the most is the one I wrote for her.

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JackPhantom I'm sure that track has definitely gained you points with Amy. Man Wink