cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80s music playing on 70s genre station

CSX318
Local Performer

The song: “Don’t you forget about me”, by Simple Minds, released in 1985, played on the 70s light rock radio channel.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for writing about this, and sorry for any confusion.

@CSX318 Genre stations such as "70s Lite Rock Radio" will primarily play hits from that era, but we will also play an occasional song from other eras to provide a more diverse listening experience.

You can use Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down to tune your station to your liking and let us know what you want to hear more or less of.

You can also use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app.

Hope this helps clarify. Thanks for being a part of the Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for writing about this, and sorry for any confusion.

@CSX318 Genre stations such as "70s Lite Rock Radio" will primarily play hits from that era, but we will also play an occasional song from other eras to provide a more diverse listening experience.

You can use Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down to tune your station to your liking and let us know what you want to hear more or less of.

You can also use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app.

Hope this helps clarify. Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

BradburyS
Underground

Good luck. Thumbs down and thumbs up will not eliminate 80s rock.  It's a whack a mole issue that Pandora can't or won't fix. I have the issue with my blues station when I accidentally listened to a C&W cut. Now I can't get rid of the polluting spread into my station.  The more thumbs down, the worse the station gets not better.  

0 Kudos