cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Albums, Artists and Playlists Missing From My Collection

bpxyz2019
Local Performer

I spent all afternoon adding Albums to My Collection only to have them not display after logging off then logging on again. I am trying free Pandora to make sure I like it before upgrading to a paid subscription. Is this problem related to my free account?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

@bpxyz2019 Since listening to albums, songs and playlists are ONLY a feature of Pandora Premium, they will not show in your collection until you have activated a complimentary session of Premium or upgrade to a subscription of Premium as described in my post above.

As a free ad-supported listener, you are able to create stations based off of your favorite artists/songs/genres, then Pandora will then take care of curating the music for you in that station. 

For more information about Pandora and the different tiers offered, I would recommend visiting our help page here. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @bpxyz2019 thanks for posting to community! Sorry for any confusion over this. 

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and music that is similar to your selection will play on a station.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated the experience so that listeners on ad-supported Pandora and Plus have the ability to listen to content on-demand, such as albums, songs and custom playlists, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

For more information about Pandora and the different tiers offered I would recommend visiting our help page here. 

If you'd like to try a trial subscription of either Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, please visit our upgrade page here: https://www.pandora.com/upgrade

Hope this helped to explain! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bpxyz2019
Local Performer

Unfortunately, your reply did not help, @TannePandora. If I search for an artist, the albums by that artist that I previously added to My Collection are shown as still being in My Collection. The problem is that My Collection is not giving the option to select albums, artists, playlists or songs. Perhaps this information will explain the problem better.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@bpxyz2019 Since listening to albums, songs and playlists are ONLY a feature of Pandora Premium, they will not show in your collection until you have activated a complimentary session of Premium or upgrade to a subscription of Premium as described in my post above.

As a free ad-supported listener, you are able to create stations based off of your favorite artists/songs/genres, then Pandora will then take care of curating the music for you in that station. 

For more information about Pandora and the different tiers offered, I would recommend visiting our help page here. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos