cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Modes disappeared from a genre station

dmb37074
Local Performer

My favorite station that I have been tweaking for 3+ years (Lip Sync Road Trip Radio) was playing exactly what I liked and then this week, the modes all disappeared. When the modes disappeared, the station seems to have lost all of my customizations. Please help! I have not been doing Thumbs Down. Station has 1 Thumbs Down track. My other stations still have the modes available on them. Windows 10 using Chrome.Screenshot (2).png

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 06/14/21:

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

Genre stations are created and curated by Pandora. Sometimes we might make changes to improve the station experience that can result in some or all modes no longer being available.

As an alternative, we recommend creating a new station using an artist or song that you think best represents a particular genre.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dmb37074 I have created a ticket with our engineering team so they can take a closer look at your station.

I'll make sure to follow up here with an update when I receive additional information from them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

jcon427
Local Performer

I have one station that I listen to often (House Radio) that I usually leave on 'My Station' for the Mode.  Today I started listening on my Ipad and it seemed like a completely different station, so I went to make sure I had it on the correct mode, and the Mode dropdown was not even displayed for me to make a selection.  Changed the station and it is displayed for every one of my other stations.  I reset the app, deleted and reinstalled the app, and none of these worked.  Jumped on my laptop and it is also not available for this station on the web access.  I'm at a loss.  This is normally one of my favorite, most listened to stations but now it's completely different.   Please help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jcon427 I moved your post over to this existing thread: All Modes disappeared from a specific station

I have added your information to the ticket we have open with our engineering team as well.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they look into your station.

0 Kudos

marilgaines
Local Performer

I listen to Dance Cardo Radio for my strength training workouts and Tune Your Station is now gone and I'm getting songs I HATE.  I don't thumbs down alot on this station because I'm busy working out so what gives?  As much as I hate to admit it, this has totally derailed my workout today!  How do I get Tune Your Station back on Dance Cardio?!  All my other stations have it. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @marilgaines. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your station. It sounds like there were once modes on this station. I've gone ahead and reported this over to our engineering team on your behalf. 

Thanks for reporting, and for your patience while they look into this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

ktorster
On the Rise

Most Modes like Deep Cuts and Discovery have disappeared from 80s Pop, 80s Rock and Hair Metal.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ktorster. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. 80's Rock now has curated modes.

However, I did report the 80's Pop Radio for you.

I'm not seeing a Hair Metal Radio - could you share the station link so I can report this to the appropriate party?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

ktorster
On the Rise

I'm sorry, it's HAIR BANDS radio. 

And I'm still only seeing two modes on 80s Rock, My Station and Most Thumbed Up. Gone are Deep and Discovery. And that's all I'm seeing on Hair Bands as well. The modes on 80s Pop are gone entirely.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 3.57.23 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 3.58.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 3.58.54 PM.png

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ktorster Thanks so much for the screenshots. I've shared your feedback with our engineering and curation team. 👍

0 Kudos

ktorster
On the Rise

@AlyssaPandora any progress with this? Removing all the modes I used on the stations I listen to basically defeats the purpose of me listening to Pandora, and I've currently let my Plus subscription lapse until it's fixed.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ktorster Unfortunately, this issue is still being looked into by our engineering team.

Thanks again for all of your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

tschimick
Underground

I have been having the same issue with my "Laid Back Beach music" for months now. It's the only station that it happens on and I haven't done any thumbing down for a while. It also has been playing music totally off and not anywhere close to beach music; graphic rap or hip hop, Tom Petty (?!?!) or other random songs that clearly aren't part of the genre. I used to just switch it to deep tracks or something and then back to "my station" to solve the problem. Now that the options are gone I can't even do that. I deleted the station and started it again but nothing has worked. The next step is getting rid of Pandora completely as this is a long standing issue. Just decided to thumb down again since clearly nothing is working. Had to thumb down 11 times until a song that was applicable actually played then the next song went right back to the **ahem** it's been playing . I'm not paying for Pandora to be annoyed. What a pain. 

For reference, It's not just one device as it happens from the Pandora app (iphone) , my Macbook or my PC at work. I haven't been able to change the mode for over 3 months now. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 7.42.32 AM.png

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tschimick Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Modes disappearing from Laid Back Beach Music Radio:

Genre stations are created and curated by Pandora. Sometimes we might make changes to improve the station experience that can result in some or all modes no longer being available.

As an alternative, I recommend creating a new station using an artist or song that you think best represents a particular genre.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Laid Back Beach Music Radio no longer playing the same music:

Genre stations, such as "Today's Hits" or (Laid Back Beach Music) are stations created and curated by Pandora. Sometimes, they might include more mainstream artists and songs or we may make changes to the station that can result in changes to the experience you've been accustomed to. You can always use Thumbs to help guide the station you are trying to create.

As an alternative, we recommend creating your own station, using an artist or song that you think best represents a particular genre.

Additionally, you may Add Variety to the station you create, in order to include other artists or songs you'd like to influence your station.

Keep in mind, each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way. If you don't like the direction your station is headed, you can always edit your station seeds and Thumbs through the Station Details.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 06/14/21:

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

As an alternative, we recommend creating a new station using an artist or song that you think best represents a particular genre.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

tschimick
Underground

I think you're misunderstanding. I have been listening to this station for over 2 years and it was fine. Only in the past 3 months has this issue begun where the mode options have disappeared completely. 

Are you telling me that Pandora randomly changed the station from beach music to hip hop and rap? And take away the options to change modes? Really? If that's the case then Pandora seems useless and obsolete. 

I can't imagine that one day the station just decided to change it's algorithm and play random music while taking away my options. Clearly this is an issue with Pandora as it is happening on 4 different devices. 

Is there anyone else there to talk to? 

0 Kudos

tschimick
Underground

I love that Pandora replies with a boilerplate response, saying they have done nothing wrong and I should just pick another station. (which they reserve the right to screw up in the future) 

Much better music apps out there that are free. Pandora no longer gets my money after being a pro subscriber for years. Adios. 

0 Kudos

ktorster
On the Rise

So are modes like Deep Cuts and Discovery just gone forever from genre stations? It's been months now. I miss my Deep 80s!

0 Kudos

judgecrater
Underground

Same here.  I lost the "tune your station" from my favorite station that I started long ago.  Pandora responded with boiler plate excuses.  No help from them.

0 Kudos

ktorster
On the Rise

Any chance of getting Deep Cuts brought back to 80s Pop, 80s Rock and Hair Bands radio? 

0 Kudos