cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphabetizing songs within a playlist

SonsallaC
Local Performer

Is there a way to alphabetize all the songs in a playlist?  I'm finding I'm adding songs double because they are showing up at the bottom of the list, or somewhere else random, and I'm scrolling past them since they aren't where it makes most sense... Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @SonsallaC. 👋

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to sort tracks alphabetically within your playlist at this time.

Feel free to upvote / comment on this existing feature request for more sorting options for Premium listeners.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @SonsallaC. 👋

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to sort tracks alphabetically within your playlist at this time.

Feel free to upvote / comment on this existing feature request for more sorting options for Premium listeners.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Melissa2916
Local Performer

I don't understand why there isn't an option to alphabetize your songs within playlists but even more so why it should be something that needs to be voted on in order to make it possible. These are the things that make Pandora stay current and not loose out to Spotify or any other music platform. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Melissa2916 Your feedback is always appreciated here on the Community.

While the ability to alphabetize songs within playlists is not currently a feature, upvoting this existing feature request and providing your comments on that thread is the best way to express your interest in getting it added to the service: More sorting options for Premium

The more traction and upvotes a feature request gets, the more likely it is to gain eyes by our engineers and product team for consideration.

For more information about how feature requests work on the community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

cherokeke
Local Performer

PLEASE add ability to alphabetize songs in playlist! I am adding duplicate songs as well because they aren’t alphabetized and I don’t know I have them already. thanks for your consideration! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cherokeke If you haven't done so already, I recommend upvoting both of these existing feature requests with a ❤️to express your interest in seeing them added to the service:

1. More sorting options for Premium
  2. Prevent duplicate songs on playlists

Also make sure to leave a comment with your feedback as well.

The more traction and upvotes a feature request gets, the more likely it is to gain eyes by our engineers and product team for consideration.

For more information about how feature requests work on the community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

Hope this helps! 

mistinemarie
Local Performer

has this ever been fixed?   it is so annoying. 

drmattkraner
Local Performer

Its absolutely bizarre that you can not do this! Pandora, really need to step it up to stay competitive... huge flaw in your software

FlipC
Underground

amen (as I tried to agree with previous post an error message displayed "an unexpected error occurred"-Just curious, do you have many expected errors?)

Ungasp
Local Performer

I vote for this 1,000,000 times... Come on Pandora...

panflutes
Local Performer

almost three years since this was suggested and still no ability to sort within a playlist. truly bizarre why this can't be done.

mistinemarie
Local Performer
It is just ridiculous!!

Mistine

rgestrella1
Local Performer

It's been years since listeners have asked for this simple feature to avoid having duplicate songs and nothing.  How about a feature that says "duplicate" song before adding it to the playlist while using Pandora on a PC?   I am a paid subscriber, that would make a nice incentive for those who use Pandora for free to switch to the paid version.  Three years now.

Shawnthedad
Local Performer

Pandora ...... Do better. Be better. No excuses. Give the people what they need and want.