cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist/Song missing from Add Variety option

amoebob
Opening Act

I have created a station and then chose Add Variety. I tried to add artist "Wild Side" but it does not appear in the list. I do see the similarly named "Wildside", but that is not who I'm looking for.

When I click the general search, and search for "Wild Side", I am then able to find the artist -- https://www.pandora.com/artist/wild-side/ARjcl455jbbgvgX

Why can they not be added as station variety via search?

Thank you!

Labels (2)
72 Replies

necroholic
Local Performer

Yes, on the mobile app when I try to add a specific song. I was able to manually add a song to this station just last week and now it gives me the error. Recap:

Search for song --> Song appears in search query with '+' to add to playlist --> tapping '+' produces message "Were having unexpected technical difficulties" 

Artist: Bile

Song: Children of the Gun

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @necroholic.

I ended up moving your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue: Artist/Song missing from Add Variety option

I have passed your feedback along to our curation team for further investigation.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

Musoul
Underground

That's the same problem that I'm having!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Musoul What is the name of the track/artist that you are unable to add as variety to your station?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Musoul
Underground

Beach Walk by Whitewoods

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @Musoul!

I went ahead and escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can take a closer look.

0 Kudos

mcP
Underground

Ditto. I’m able to find the artist “Little Violet” via regular search, but cannot find them via “Add Variety”.

Also artist “Emma Clair”

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @mcP. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this. We've shared this information with the team that takes care of our collection on your behalf.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mcP Just to confirm, are these the two artists you are unable to create stations for:

Let me know.

0 Kudos

mcP
Underground

@AdamPandora Those are the correct artists. I am unable to add them to another station I've created. I am unable to find them in the "Add Variety" search.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming that with me, @mcP.

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks again for reporting this! 

0 Kudos

Madrooster7
Opening Act

I am trying to add the band "SLIFT" to a station, and it keeps trying to force Taylor Swift on me, pretty much the polar opposite.  Is there any way to tell the search NOT to autocorrect???? Using quotation marks didn't help.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @Madrooster7.

I have passed your feedback along to our curation team for further investigation.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Slyfoxx236
Local Performer

Hi ive been dealing with this issue for months. Many of my stations wont allow me to add certain varieties, but will add others. They all show up when searched, in some cases multiple accounts for the same artist, but none of them add. I wish i could give you an extensive list of who i cant add but honestly theres been so many, each time it doesnt work i just give up, till today, trying to add Basher toe and some others to my shpongle station and im tired of dealing with this. I love Pandora, and even if its just for one particular station ill keep using you but this issue has to get fixed or im goin to Youtube Red for the rest of the music i need to listen to, ive dealt with this for over 6mo and from what im reading some people have dealt with this since over a year ago, if yall dont care to fix it, why would we keep this app?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Slyfoxx236 I definitely understand your frustration.

I went ahead and reported your feedback regarding Basher toe not appearing in the add variety option.

Feel free to report any other artists or tracks you are unable to add as variety to your stations.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Skipachu
Local Performer

I am also having an issue with the Add Variety search results:

Artist: Raym

Song: Waiting (Single)

Typing the song into the search gives fuzzy results like "The Waiting" by Tom Petty and "Waiting (feat. Daisy Guttridge)". And typing in Raym bring up "Raymix" and a "Raym", but not the Raym (apparently there are multiple artists with this name) I'm looking for.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @Skipachu.

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team for further review.

0 Kudos

RyanPile
Local Performer

Could you maybe help me with this as well. The artist Ryokuoshoku Shakai doesn't appear on my add variety search only on the main search to play on demand. Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @RyanPile.

I have escalated your feedback to our curation team for further review.

0 Kudos

charlzm
Opening Act

I looked up an artist to make sure Pandora knows they exist.  So far, so good.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.29.09 AM.png

So, I go to the station I want to add them to and do a search.  NOTHING.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.31.30 AM.png

I also tried looking up individual song titles by this artist in the same "station add" box and nothing comes up.

I then tried adding individual songs from the artist page to my station but I cannot.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 10.33.33 AM.png

So... how does this work?

0 Kudos