cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete certain Artists from variety

ZhonLord
Underground

Some of the Variety items I've added to my favorite station can't be deleted.  I added them to see what result it would have on my playlist and it started giving me songs with lyrics (which I've specifically curated this station to NOT have).  Now I'm unable to remove them.   From what I can tell, because it lacks an "artist" or "song" descriptor, the standard share/delete options refuse to pop up. 

Anyone know a fix for this or a way around it that doesn't involve completely remaking my station and just not adding those artists?

Example of issueExample of issue

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kanganroo If the station is based off of a regular artist or song, then you should be able to remove any added variety on your end without having to contact us.

That being said, if your station was created based off of a composer or genre, then you will need to contact us directly for help removing any variety that was added in the past.

If you'd like me to check on my end, please let me know the name of the station, as well as the name of the added variety you'd like to remove from that station.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
44 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZhonLord I'm happy to look into this - what is the name of this station?

Let me know.

ZhonLord
Underground

It's the "Stringed Instrumental" station @AdamPandora .   The artist I want to delete is "John Williams (Composer)", but it doesn't have a Song or Artist descriptor.  There are others on the list that I want to keep, but are the same way in that I don't get the Share/Delete options when I click on the triple dots for that line item which also don't have a Song or Artist descriptor.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ZhonLord. 👋

I've gone ahead and removed the John Williams (Composer) from your Stringed Instrumental Radio station. 

• Are there any other artists you'd like to remove from the station? 
  • Also, when you attempt to edit your station, how are making this change?
  • Are you using your web browser? If so which one?
  • Are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10 or MAC?

Feel free to let us know if this issue persists. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

ZhonLord
Underground

@AlyssaPandoraThank you very much! 

• At the moment, no other songs or artists I want to remove that I can't myself.
  • I went from "Now Playing" into the active station, and right below the "+Add Variety" option is the list of all my existing seeds for the station.  I tried to remove it from there.
  • I use Firefox, but I also checked in Chrome and the issue was still present.
  • I do not use the app.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZhonLord Thanks for following up with that information.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reply back to this thread and let us know.

Thanks for listening in the meantime! 🎧

0 Kudos

ZhonLord
Underground

@AdamPandora

I've run into another item I want to remove that I can't because it doesn't have an Artist/Song designation.  Once again on my Stringed Instrumental station, the variety item this time is Ernst Toch.

Can I get someone to remove it from the list please?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem, @ZhonLord.

The Ernst Toch seed has now been removed from your Stringed Instrumental station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

radioroompdx
Local Performer

I have same problem.  I inadvertently and regrettably added Lee Greenwood as variety to my Pandora station called "Spoiled Station from 0820" and it will not delete.

Please help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@radioroompdx I went ahead and removed the Lee Greenwood seed from your Spoiled Station from 0820 station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

radioroompdx
Local Performer

Thank you!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @radioroompdx. 😁 

0 Kudos

kanganroo
Underground

I have this issue too. Is there a fix or do we have to ask for things to be removed each time?

0 Kudos

ZhonLord
Underground
@kanganrooThe fix would require that the entries that are missing a Song or Artist descriptor be corrected, which has to be done on a case by case basis.  Depending on how many of these erroneous entries there are, the staff may not have enough time to take care of those on top of the rest of their work.
0 Kudos

ZhonLord
Underground

@AdamPandoraOne more for ya.  I'd like to have "Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky" removed from my Stringed Instrumental station as well.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kanganroo If the station is based off of a regular artist or song, then you should be able to remove any added variety on your end without having to contact us.

That being said, if your station was created based off of a composer or genre, then you will need to contact us directly for help removing any variety that was added in the past.

If you'd like me to check on my end, please let me know the name of the station, as well as the name of the added variety you'd like to remove from that station.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

kanganroo
Underground

The station was created from the artist "tangerine dream" and I can remove most other added variety but not "Steve Reich" or "Philip Glass" as they do not have the "artist" tag. I'd like to remove "Steve Reich" only for now. Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @kanganroo.

Steve Reich has now been removed as variety on that station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

kanganroo
Underground

Thanks.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @kanganroo. 😁

0 Kudos