cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic metal needs fixing

Kdavis6812
Local Performer
I noticed some bands doesn’t belong on classic metal from bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Kansas , Alice In Chains,.... anyway to fix that
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kdavis6812 Genre stations, such as "Today's Hits" or "Classic Metal," are stations created and curated by Pandora, and they often include more mainstream artists and songs.

As an alternative, we recommend creating your own station, using an artist or song that you think best represents a particular genre. Then use Thumbs to help guide the station you are trying to create.

Additionally, you may Add Variety to the station you create, in order to include other artists or songs you'd like to influence your station.

Keep in mind, each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way. If you don't like the direction your station is headed, you can always edit your station seeds and Thumbs through the Station Details.

That said, when you're listening from a computer or mobile device you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts. Let me know if you'd like more information about that.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the community! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kdavis6812 Genre stations, such as "Today's Hits" or "Classic Metal," are stations created and curated by Pandora, and they often include more mainstream artists and songs.

As an alternative, we recommend creating your own station, using an artist or song that you think best represents a particular genre. Then use Thumbs to help guide the station you are trying to create.

Additionally, you may Add Variety to the station you create, in order to include other artists or songs you'd like to influence your station.

Keep in mind, each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way. If you don't like the direction your station is headed, you can always edit your station seeds and Thumbs through the Station Details.

That said, when you're listening from a computer or mobile device you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts. Let me know if you'd like more information about that.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

Kdavis6812
Local Performer
To me..... Alice In Chains are not classic metal... so are Kansas, and Lynyrd Skynyrd... I’m not creating my own station ... those 3 bands don’t belong on that station... they are the buzz killingtons... they don’t fit for some odd reason
0 Kudos

Fan2
Local Performer

Who would even come close to thinking those bands are ClassicMetal. I consider it an exclusive few. Bands like Megadeth, Black Sabbath(Ozzy), Anthrax, Metallica. 2 or 3 tunes from Quiet Riot, and to a softer degree, Def Leppard, Van Halen. Good stuff, good times

0 Kudos