cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted thumb ratings reappear as "thumbed up on undefined"

chouse
Underground

I deleted a bunch of thumbed up songs I had on several stations. I just noticed they all came back, but now it reads "thumbed up on undefined". How do I remove these thumbs up

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
87 Replies

SquareRoot
Local Performer

I also cannot delete hundreds of "Thumbed on undefined" songs. This thread is marked "Solved" but I don't see a solution here!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 02/19/20:

Thank you to everyone who has reported this issue.

Our engineers are aware and are currently investigating.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SquareRoot Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I have added your information to the ticket we have open with our engineering team regarding this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they continue to look into this.  

Krh
Local Performer

So I on my all thumbs up'd songs have Misery Business by Paramore there but it SHOULDN'T be there. I never use the thumbs up thing only thumbs down. I can't find the station it could have happened in at all. How to I get rid of it?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Krh. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Can you please send me a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when you notice this?

To take a screenshot on an iPhone 8 (or earlier) or an iPad or iPod touch:

• Press and hold the lock button (the button on the top right side) and the home button (the circular button on the bottom of your device) at the same time.

To take a screenshot on an iPhone X:

• Press and hold the lock button (the button on the right side) and the volume up button (on the left side) at the same time.
  • In iOS 12, a thumbnail of your screenshot appears in the lower-left corner of your device. Tap the thumbnail to add drawings and text with Markup, or swipe left on the thumbnail to dismiss it.
  • To find the screenshot you just took, go to Photos > Albums and tap Screenshots. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

I look forward to hearing back! 📲

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

sixn3is7
Underground

Any update on this.  I just deleted all my stations and trying to delete my 6.1K thumbs-up but having the same issue.  It's time for me to reset my Pandora so if this aint fixed soon I'm jumping ship and I have been with Pandora for a very long time.

chouse
Underground

@AdamPandora is there any resolution to this issue. We are approaching 60 days. Any movement on this on?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chouse Unfortunately, we have no further updates to provide on this issue.

Thank you again for all your patience as our engineers work to find a fix. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sixn3is7 Unfortunately, there is still no fix that has been released for this issue.

I have added your information to the ticket we currently have open with our engineers.

Thanks for all your patience with this in the meantime.

0 Kudos

piper11
Local Performer

Hi, its the same on my mobile too, anyone found a solution yet?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @piper11.

Unfortunately, this issue is still being investigated by our engineers.

Thanks again for all your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

chouse
Underground

@AdamPandora I hope this gets resolved. It is causing a poor user experience. These thumbs that I can't remove, are negatively influencing my listening.

0 Kudos

gfmeyers
Local Performer

It’s not allowing me to delete thumbs.  It’s saying they are undefined.  Why is there even thumbs to begin with!  If I wanted another station, I would add it to my collection.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gfmeyers I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

tommyant
Local Performer

In both the desktop and Android app under "My Profile", it shows I have 477 songs under "Thumbs Up".  How do I delete some of these songs?  I already know how to go to a Station or Playlist and delete a song but that won't work because some of the "Thumbs Up" songs are no longer in a Station (I deleted a bunch of Stations).

An example of a song I want deleted is "A Portrait Of" by Sorority Noise.

So please tell me how to delete these.  Thank you.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @tommyant. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on the Pandora Community. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread as your issue is related: Deleted thumb ratings reappear as "thumbed up on undefined"

Our engineering team is aware of this issue. We have an internal ticket open for this issue and I've shared your information with them. 

Thanks for your patience while they work on this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

lisabarnes2
Underground

I'm another user who needs thumbs deleted which are now listed as "thumbed up on undefined".  I have about 2000 thumbs like this.  In my case, these are songs my son thumbed up while listening to Pandora on our smart tv, which I didn't think would be a problem at the time.  But when I deleted his stations, the thumbs up still remain and now I can't play thumbprint radio without hearing his songs which is unacceptable to me.  I have a been a Pandora Plus subscriber for many years, and this is unacceptable to me.

Please inform your engineers that users need a fix for this!  I believe there is an open ticket on this -- please have it escalated.  It is unintuitive that deleting a station won't delete the thumbs associated with it.  Users like me have carefully built our thumbs collections over years, and it should be a priority to give us tools to manage them.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lisabarnes2 I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks so much for your patience as they continue to look into this.

0 Kudos

LizardBreath
Underground

I am in the same boat as @SquareRoot. My profile has 449 thumbs up, every song listed "Thumbed on undefined". I'd like to have 0 thumbs up (and 0 thumbs down) to start over. Why is this thread marked as solved? It's not solved at all.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LizardBreath I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks so much for your patience as they continue to look into this.

0 Kudos