cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Disappearing Songs Offline

Enya_Raven
Underground

When I go offline two or more songs disappear even though I downloaded them and when I am online they reappear. Did something update within the last two days? Thats when I last remember some of the songs actually playing.

Screenshot_20240329_020612_Pandora.jpg

Screenshot_20240329_020602_Pandora.jpg

 These are screen shots of two of the songs that disappear. (Tango & Remember the Name)

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Enya_Raven I moved your post over to the Android space.

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

Please note that this may take some time for all of your content to re-download, so make sure to keep the app open during this process.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Enya_Raven
Underground

I found out through experimenting that for some reason the song I choose to download was no longer available but when I found the same song that was for some reason available it downloaded properly and stayed. I don't know why they were unavailable.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @Enya_Raven

Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions.

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be played on stations, on-demand, or offline. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos