cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Stations

RyanKuc2019
Opening Act

I just recently got the Premium plan but can't figure out how to download stations?  When I go to a station the download button is there but it is grayed out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RyanKuc2019 

I moved your post to My Collection to keep the community tidy.

I do see that you mentioned having an iPhone device in another post on the community. 

Is this the device you're having trouble downloading your stations on? 

++

Pandora Premium subscribers can download stations, playlists, albums and songs for offline listening. Pandora will initially download your three most played stations along with Thumbprint Radio.

You can then use the following steps to add or remove music from your offline collection:

To download music for offline listening:

1. Search for an artist, station, playlist, album, or song you would like to download, and click on its name to visit its backstage page.
  2. Tap the Download icon to add it to your offline collection.

To view your offline collection (while connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network): 

1. Open My Collection.
  2. Tap the Added bar underneath the artwork.
  3. Select Show downloads only.

To remove sources you have downloaded:

1. Make sure the app is connected online. 
  2. Sort your collection by "Show downloads only" (see above).
  3. Select the source you'd like to remove and tap Downloaded to remove it from your offline collection.

In the meantime, you can find out more information about how offline listening works here.

Let me know if you're still unable to download content from your device. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RyanKuc2019 

I moved your post to My Collection to keep the community tidy.

I do see that you mentioned having an iPhone device in another post on the community. 

Is this the device you're having trouble downloading your stations on? 

++

Pandora Premium subscribers can download stations, playlists, albums and songs for offline listening. Pandora will initially download your three most played stations along with Thumbprint Radio.

You can then use the following steps to add or remove music from your offline collection:

To download music for offline listening:

1. Search for an artist, station, playlist, album, or song you would like to download, and click on its name to visit its backstage page.
  2. Tap the Download icon to add it to your offline collection.

To view your offline collection (while connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network): 

1. Open My Collection.
  2. Tap the Added bar underneath the artwork.
  3. Select Show downloads only.

To remove sources you have downloaded:

1. Make sure the app is connected online. 
  2. Sort your collection by "Show downloads only" (see above).
  3. Select the source you'd like to remove and tap Downloaded to remove it from your offline collection.

In the meantime, you can find out more information about how offline listening works here.

Let me know if you're still unable to download content from your device. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

RyanKuc2019
Opening Act

Again thanks for your help

gbl
Local Performer

Hello.  I just got premium. There is no 'download' icon available on any of my stations.  Not under 'more' or anywhere on the artist page, just the 'remove' or 'play'.  Likely user error, but where exactly is this be located?  Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gbl Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos