cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when listening to Thumbprint Radio

aeon3100
Local Performer

I was listening to my thumbprint radio yesterday and when I swapped to another song and tried to go back to thumbprint radio it keeps telling me the station is not available.

Screenshot_20211210-151318_Pandora.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies

knittingpaws
Local Performer

I'm trying to play my thumbprint radio but keep getting an error message that says it's not currently available. I've marked hundreds of songs with a thumbs up and have a few playlists set up. I'm using a Motorola phone. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@knittingpaws I've taken a look at your account, and I think you're seeing that message pop up as a result of a very high number of Thumbed down tracks on your Thumbprint Radio station:

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 4.39.06 AM.png

Thumbed down tracks narrow down the song pool and can lead to the error message you are seeing. Thumbed up tracks, on the other hand, act like seeds that inspire similar music to play.

To fix the error, you'll need to remove some Thumb Down ratings and continue to Thumb Up those songs that really stand out. Balancing your Thumb ratings can help you tune your stations as you desire.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

datchoia751
Underground
Well as u know that curtain phones have it to where u can not
download curtain radios station well that is sometimes the case's so when u
want to listen to a radio always make it say( in app )cause it might not
work .if it not compatible with your phone also.
0 Kudos

aeon3100
Local Performer

It has nothing to do with my phone, it's has worked on this phone for over a year and only just stopped the other day after I switched away from the station.

0 Kudos

aeon3100
Local Performer

Thumbprint radio won't even work when I use my computer.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aeon3100 I have created a ticket with our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Jb08
Local Performer

I have the same problem all of a sudden. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jb08 Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Jb08
Local Performer

E33F03D0-C893-47A7-B092-7D80D675F5B9.png

This began about a week ago. Thanks for you help. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Jb08.

I've taken a look at your account, and I think you're seeing that message pop up as a result of a very high number of Thumbed down tracks on your Thumbprint Radio station:

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 7.26.44 AM.png

Thumbed down tracks narrow down the song pool and can lead to the error message you are seeing. Thumbed up tracks, on the other hand, act like seeds that inspire similar music to play.

To fix the error, you'll need to remove some Thumb Down ratings and continue to Thumb Up those songs that really stand out. Balancing your Thumb ratings can help you tune your stations as you desire.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Jb08
Local Performer

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s not letting me delete my thumbs down songs. I go through the motion of doing it, the songs delete, then I get a pop up that says “unable to delete..try again or cancel”. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jb08 Sorry to hear that - can you please send me an additional screenshot of that error you are seeing?

Also, it may help to try removing to those Thumbs Down ratings from a computer instead.

Let me know if the same error message pops up there as well.

0 Kudos

knittingpaws
Local Performer

I got rid of my thumb downs but the station still won't play

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for trying that out, @knittingpaws.

I've gone ahead and added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

0 Kudos

clskinny
Local Performer

My thumbs up playlist stopped working again.  I can't access it via the android app or PC and just get a generic error

"We're sorry, but we can't find any more music to play on your station right now. Try switching stations."

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@clskinny I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error message when listening to Thumbprint Radio

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are working on it. I've gone ahead and added your feedback to the ticket we have open with them as they continue to investigate.

0 Kudos

Jb08
Local Performer

Sorry Adam, I just saw your reply. I’ll try deleting from a computer and see if that works. I’ve been able to sporadically use Thumbprint radio this week but the same error is now randomly happening on other stations.  I’ll use your suggestion on all stations and see if that helps. Thanks again!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @Jb08.

Keep me posted on if that resolves the issue for you. 

0 Kudos

aeon3100
Local Performer

I still can't access my thumbprint radio and it's been weeks.

0 Kudos