cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explicit songs won't play on genre stations

Andy3
Local Performer

I have my settings turned on to allow for explicit content but songs are consistently played as the edited/radio version. How do I fix this? I've had this happen most recently on the Today's Hip Hop and Pop Hits Radio station

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andy3 By default, genre stations such as Today's Hip Hop and Pop Hits Radio will play the edited/radio version of tracks by default (unless only an explicit version is available in our catalog).

I recommend creating a new station based off of an artist or track rather than that specific genre if you were looking to hear the explicit versions of tracks play during your listening session.

Hope this helps explain! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andy3 By default, genre stations such as Today's Hip Hop and Pop Hits Radio will play the edited/radio version of tracks by default (unless only an explicit version is available in our catalog).

I recommend creating a new station based off of an artist or track rather than that specific genre if you were looking to hear the explicit versions of tracks play during your listening session.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

Andy3
Local Performer

Why would that be the default? Any plans to change that? What a clunky workaround 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andy3 While there isn't currently a way to change this, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well: Option to Block all songs that censor explicit content

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

ericksonsilva
Local Performer

I’m having an issue with my Today’s Hip Hop and Pop Hits Radio station. I do have the setting to allow explicit content and it does generally work, however with this specific radio station the clean version of a song plays while it says it’s playing the explicit one indicated by the red “E” next to the title.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to fix this issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ericksonsilva! Thanks for posting to community.

I've moved your message over to an existing thread to keep things organized: 'Explicit songs won't play on genre stations'

By default, genre stations such as Today's Hip Hop and Pop Hits Radio will play the edited/radio version of tracks by default (unless only an explicit version is available in our catalog).

If you'd like to hear the explicit version, I'd recommend creating a new station based off of the artist or track rather than that specific genre.

In the meantime, I've passed along to our engineers that the album artwork still contains the 'E' even if song is clean. 

Hope this helps to explain. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos