cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

Station playing VERY wrong genre songs:

Sunday Appropriate(https://www.pandora.com/station/132923261364216789)

Out of place artists(or at least what's showing in the 'artist' spot) & Tracks:
The Grudge 2 (Film Score) - Track: Seme
Secession Studios & Secession Studios - Track: Dancing with Flames
Tadayoshi Makino - Track: FFVII REMAKE: The Drum
Adam Skorupa - Track: An Ominous Place
Wreck-It Ralph (Soundtrack) - Track: Rocket Fiasco (From "Wreck-It Ralph"/Score)
Yuka Kitamura - Track: Malenia, Blade of Miquella
Christopher Young - Track: Dead or Living?
Sean Aschafianski - Track: A Sacrifice
Gareth Coker - Track: Lost In The Misty Woods
Gavin Greenaway - Track: The Might of Rome
Two Steps from Hell & Thomas Bergerson - Track: He's The Giant
Jay Vincent & Michael Kramer - Track: Horns of Destruction
The Corpse Bride (Film Score) - Track: Casting a Spell
Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Ezo in Florence
Benjamin Wallfisch - Track: Georgie, Meet Pennywise
Kevin Kiner - Track: Darth Maul Breaks Obi-Wan
World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Depths Of Vashj'ir
The Lyndhurst Orchestra & Gavin Greenaway - Track: Am I Not Merciful?
World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Angrathar's Shadow
Ron Grainer - Track: Doctor Who 1987
Fallout New Vegas (Original Game Sountrack) - Track: Out of Business
Graeme Revell - Track: Rememberance
Spartacus: Blood And Sand (Film Score) - Track: Reunion Imminent/Tragic Reunion
Mark Ayres - Track: Main Theme (From "A Nightmare On Elm Street")
Natalie Holt - Track: TVA Inner Workings
Anthony Hopkins, Libera, The Lyndhurst Orchestra & Gavin Greenaway - Track: Zimmer: Dear Clarice

Yes, I was able to give these a Thumbs down. I refered to the stations thumbs-down list to give you this^.

As can be seen in the screenshots from my phone, these were all while listening via "My Station" mode

*ATTENTION*  I've also included some screenshots of songs that WERE supposed to be played & it played the piece from The Grudge 2 after playing many of the correct, Thumbs UP'd ones(visibly in the screenshots).  This is to give yall a quick idea of the kind of music the station is SUPPOSED to play.

Seriously guys, this screw up is almost as bad as listening to Christian hymns & then someone blasting Satanic Death Metal music over it.  COMPLETELY the opposite of what I've been led to believe is the point of the Music Genome Project. -_-

Screenshot_20221011-080202_Pandora.png<VERY Out of Place!

Screenshot_20221011-081202_Pandora.png<VERY Out of Place!Screenshot_20221011-090459_Pandora.png<SERIOUSLY SCARY MAN! W.T.H?!Screenshot_20221011-090526_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090531_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090534_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090543_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090547_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090552_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYPandora Playing Ominous Among Hymns -_-.png<THIS one played WHILE I was constructing this post/response!

Labels (2)
108 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

jbone36
Local Performer

Hello I have Pandora premium but I'm about to cancel it due to it shuffling my stations I've never had this problem but if I listen to rock station or any other it stays on here but I have a country station and it always reverts back to my rock music.. anyone know why? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbone36 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

TNKJNBABE
Local Performer

I agree! I'd like to move a song from one radio station to another where it fits better. I like the song, i.e. a Xmas song I enjoy, but I'd rather have it on my Xmas station, instead of the 90's Country radio it popped up on. I know we used to be able to do this, but that option disappeared a while back. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TNKJNBABE While this is not currently a feature. I recommend upvoting this thread with a ❤️ if you'd like to see it added to the service: Ideas: Move songs from one station to another

In the meantime, I also moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

Christmas music should not play on your regular radio stations.

The next time it happens, please give the Christmas track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The date/time the Christmas track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the Christmas artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the Christmas track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the Christmas track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the Christmas track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

aevans117
Underground

Right now my Jazz Fusion Station is playing Uriah Heep -Stealin', except it is labeled as the song Sweet Freedom, but no matter, I would never place Uriah Heap in a Jazz fusion category, no matter the song.  This seems to happen all the time. No matter what station I am playing in my collection, I seem to mostly hear songs I have thumbed up at some place in some other collection. The whole point of paying for Pandora is to hear some songs I wouldn't have heard otherwise.  I dont want to be fed a steady diet of my own favorites all the time. If I pick a genre Like Jazz Fusion, Or Bossa Nova, or a artist station like AC DC, George Clinton, Stan Getz,I don't want to hear Stevie Nicks, Norah Jones or Florence and the Machine.  When I want to hear them, I will listen to stations I have curated for them.   

I wrote about this before and a moderator suggested thumbing down songs that appeared that were 'out of sync' but a) I am not always sitting right by my computer or phone to have access to do this; I like to listen while I am doing things around the house like cooking, out side gardening, etc.; b) If I thumb down a song that I like because it is not playing in the right 'lounge', what does that do to the song when I am in the right place for it to play? will I never hear it again? Does it make it thumbs down throughout my account and algorithm?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aevans117 I merged this comment back into your original post.

Giving a song a Thumbs Up tells Pandora to bring in similar artists and songs to your station.

Giving a song a Thumbs Down tells us not to play this track on this particular station. 

Keep in mind, Thumbs are station specific: rating a song with a Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

For more information on how thumb ratings work on Pandora, you can view this help page article.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

Roanokebarry
Local Performer

G rock

the algorithms have gotten messed up at least on my stations. I used to be able to play my stations and get my thumbs up songs now I get reggae every other song I keep putting thumbs down to no avail.   I’m also getting Hawaiian songs mixed in take note I have never put a thumbs up on a ragge song just not my musical flavor.  I’ve reported this problem to customer service but no help

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Roanokebarry I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos