cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Tags Missing

kbralley7
Opening Act

I enjoy making my own Holiday sations.  However, I have come across a number of Holiday tracks and albums that are missing the Holiday tag after the artist name.  I don't add these tracks since that will cause more non-holiday songs to play on the station.  An example of a recent album like this is Reba McEntire's 2016 Christmas Album, My Kind of Christmas.  I have come across countless others like this.  Is there a place to submit these corrections/requests?  In October and November, I submitted several requests through the Pandora Contact Support page, but the Holiday tags have not been added.  I was just wondering if anyone has had better luck with this.  Thanks

73 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @EmperorJJ1🤝

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

the following could use a holiday tag:

Sorry this one is a little complex:

The situation I have is a custom Station, Jacob Christmas Mix (https://www.pandora.com/station/play/4577571213583270973), that plays non holiday tracks from time to time. The reason for this is I have thumbed up some holiday songs that do not have the holiday tag. I'm aware that I could/should report these songs for review to add the holiday tag (https://community.pandora.com/t5/My-Collection/Holiday-Tags-Missing/td-p/7627) ; and some of them I have. However, the issue with that, I've concluded, is that holiday tags are added only to albums not individual tracks. So an album that has a single holiday song wont get a holiday tag. Visa versa an album that has all holiday tracks and 1 non holiday will get the holiday tag on the non holiday song. In the past when customizing this station, I have removed all seeds, add a single seed and either listen to or skip my way through as many songs as it takes to finally hear the song I'm looking for to like. But this is labor and time intensive. So id prefer not to go down that road again. The smart thing to do would be just to remove the likes on the non holiday tracks and move on with my life but I'm wondering if there is an alternative. Does such an alternative exist? could I get either Pandora mods or the curation team to add a few likes to my station to save my sanity?

TL:DR Can the Pandora team add thumbs up to a station

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EmperorJJ1 Unfortunately, there isn't a way for us to add thumbs up to a station on our end for you.

In the meantime, I went ahead and reported the track and artist you reported that are currently missing the holiday tags.

Thanks for letting us know!

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise
I think im pretty close to being all holiday tracks on my station. Just have one last song more to report. This one probably wont get the tag but between it and the last one those look to be the last 2
0 Kudos

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

I lied one more to report. i removed my thumb on this one but still would be nice to have

White Christmas (feat. Clyde McPhatter & Bill Pinkney)

The Drifters

From the album Clyde McPhatter & The Drifters

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about these two as well, @EmperorJJ1

0 Kudos

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

found an album that could use the holiday tag: Christmas Album by Marcus H. Mitchell

also an individual song if thats possible: Jingle Bell RockBobby Helms From the album The Classic Years: 1956-1962

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EmperorJJ1 Thanks for letting us know!

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

Otra, otra navidad lo-fi en MéxicoAlbum by Iván Rosa

could also use a holiday tag

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EmperorJJ1 Thanks for reporting!

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

Any chance you guys can review 2 of the ones i posted before? I appreciate everyone!

Christmas Album by Marcus H. Mitchell

0 Kudos

EmperorJJ1
On the Rise

A few more if you dont mind (number 2 not sure if it should be the whole album. but def track 5 the nutcracker)

1. Classic ChristmasAlbum by London Symphony Orchestra
  2. Symphony For The SeasonAlbum byLondon Symphony Orchestra
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the additional reports, @EmperorJJ1.

Your feedback has been passed along to our curation team for further review.

0 Kudos