cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access stations for offline listening?

marypat1947
Local Performer

How do I access my stations for off line listening?  I read that my three favorite stations would download to my phone so I could listen when I was out of WiFi range. How do I find them?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @marypat1947,

To listen offline from an iOS device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @marypat1947,

To listen offline from an iOS device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

Prem
Local Performer

How do I download stations 

0 Kudos

Meghanschepker
Local Performer
I am wondering how to download stations
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Prem @Meghanschepker!

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.

++

Here's more information about how to download content to listen to offline.

Hope this helps!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

chordlow
Local Performer

I'm on a Chromebook with a Premium subscription ($9.99/month).  I cannot find anywhere how to save stations or playlists (not interested in songs) offline.  

Please provide a screenshot for a desktop user on a Chrome browser.  Instructions by themselves are just not sufficing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chordlow Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Offline Mode is not actually available when streaming Pandora on a computer.

The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

In other words, Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device, you won't be able to view those downloads.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection with a file you can access elsewhere, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer.

Hope this helps!

Annoyed1
Local Performer

How can I save playlists for offline listening? I want to buy fitbit but don't see a download icon anywhere 😞 

Can I not do this from a desktop computer? I don't use wifi. 

Any help would be appreciated. I couldn't find a thread for help on this matter. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Annoyed1 Offline Mode is not actually available when streaming Pandora on a computer.

The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

In other words, Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device, you won't be able to view those downloads.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection with a file you can access elsewhere, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer.

Hope this helps!

jknkmkji00
Local Performer

i need help

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @jknkmkji00. 👋

Thanks for your post around this. Looks like you're upgraded to Pandora Premium.

Could you share a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you having trouble accessing your offline content from your mobile device?
  • What is the make and model of your device?
  • Have you run into any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

The more details you provide the better equipped I'll be to help.

Look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024