cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block an artist

Aolson
Local Performer

I have looked everywhere on this ducking app and I cant find how to block Kane Brown. His music sounds like two cats fornicating in a dumpster and I'd like it to stop. What am i even paying for anyways? If I wanted to listen to feces I'd turn on the news...

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
26 Replies

clt7662
Local Performer

I've 👎 a few artists/songs every time they play on my station and the artist/songs keep re-appearing the next time listen to the station. How can I block an artist from suggestions?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@clt7662 I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar request: How to block an artist

While we do not offer an option to prevent an artist from playing on your account or specific stations, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service: Blocking/Muting Certain Artists / Song Selection Rules

In the meantime, continue to give any tracks by that band a Thumbs-down on your stations, and Pandora should learn to stop playing them over time.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

dsnyder
Local Performer

I followed your link and added a comment to the featute request area. I noticed this has been a request since 2019! 

Pandora doesn't learn, or doesn't learn specifically for some artists apparently. Multiple thumbs down don't do it, I have the same artist thumbed down 17 times on my station and I still hear them every session.

0 Kudos

Spooky_Noodle
Local Performer

So, still no way to block artists despite there clearly being demand for it?

0 Kudos

ShadowKeriphin
Local Performer

I am not sure this has been mentioned but on Shuffle Stations - you may get an artist that you might not have intended on thumbing up for the respective station. This thumb will apply to the station and then when you listen to the station specifically, that artist or type of music may be unexpected or unwanted. Be sure to go to that station and delete the songs you have thumbed up. This feature seems best experienced in a web browser.

For the app, you may have to clear the cache or clear all stored data and login again. I have noticed an inconsistency otherwise.

0 Kudos

apeters324
Local Performer

I don’t understand why no matter how much you thumbs down an artist or song it repeatedly comes up. And why are there so many men and men of country on my Women Of Pop station? Literally every 5 men I thumbs down I get 1 female artist. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@apeters324 Nice to see you around the Community.

Artist still appears after thumbing them down:

I'm happy to look into this - please send me:

the name of the artist you are thumbing down that still plays

the name of the station where they continue to play on despite thumbing them down repeatedly

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Too many men on Women of Pop station:

Thanks very much for your feedback -- I've noted it for our product team. It's very helpful as we work to improve the service.

In the meantime, you can continue to give a Thumbs Down to any male artists that play on that station.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos