cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit thumb ratings

cb
Local Performer

Hello, I accidentally hit the "thumbs down" on my phone... can I restore the song back into my playlist?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
116 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crewboss19-2 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to edit thumb ratings

Yes, there is! Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to edit your thumb ratings on either a computer or mobile device.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

3C
Opening Act
The title of your station is a hyperlink. If you click on the title, it will take you from 'now playing' mode to a detail page for your station. From the detail page, you can see lists of your seed songs, thumbs-up'd songs, and thumbs-down'd songs. From here, you can remove songs from any of the lists
0 Kudos

3C
Opening Act

See below for more details.

3C_0-1700581298278.png

0 Kudos

Billclamkiller
Local Performer

I heard a song that I liked that was not in my playlist or stationed, and disappointedly thumbed down. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Billclamkiller You should be able to edit any accidental thumb ratings by following the instructions provided in the accepted solution to this thread. 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

DFFarrar
Local Performer

Will clicking on Delete only remove the thumb? Or will it remove the song entirely? I want to turn a song's thumbs down into a thumbs up on a particular station. I just subscribed to Premium for this very purpose, but I'm still not sure that I am getting the result I want. 

Also, if the song gets deleted from my station, how can I search for it in order to get it back on my station and give it a thumbs up?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DFFarrar If this happened during your current listening session, all  you need to do is un-Thumb the track, and then tap on the Thumbs Up icon instead.

From your Now Playing screen, swipe the album art from left to right until you see the track you're looking for, and tap the highlighted Thumb icon.

However, if this happened in a previous session you will need to remove the track from your Thumbs Down list entirely. Clicking on Delete will only remove the Thumbs Down rating.

You will then need to wait for that track to play again on your station in order to give it a Thumbs Up rating instead.

You won't be able to search for the track to give it a Thumbs Up immediately.

I hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

DFFarrar
Local Performer

I followed your instructions to change the thumb rating on a specific song, but in step 5 there is no X, or thumb, to change. There is only a red circle with a white vertical line in it which is the delete button. It seems that taking this action actually deletes the song, not the thumb. I really want this song to play on a certain station (not a playlist) and I can't see a way to do this. I even upgraded my subscription from Pandora Plus to Premium hoping to be able to make this happen. 

I have tried to do this on both my phone and my computer. This doesn't appear to be the solution to "changing thumbs" on a certain song. This action appears to imply delete the song (and therefore its thumb rating) from my station. If I do this, how will I ever be assured that the song I really want will find its way back to my favorite station? I haven't created playlists .. I've simply got several favorite genres of stations that I "control" with my thumbs up or down. 

There MUST be a way to simply change a thumb rating. Please help.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

HI @DFFarrar 

Unfortunately, as @AdamPandora mentioned, there isn't a way to change a thumbed down track to a thumbed up track.

You'll need to remove the thumbed down track from your thumbed down list. This will not delete the song from your station, only remove it from your thumbed down list. It will let the station know that it can play this track again on your station. When the track plays again, you'll be able to thumb it up.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dscribner29
Local Performer

how do i bring up a thumbs down song to change to a thumbs up, hit the thumbs down by accident

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dscribner29 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to edit thumb ratings

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to edit your thumb ratings on either a computer or mobile device.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

BrianDHopp
Local Performer

Why can I NOT delete thumbs up  ?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BrianDHopp I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to edit thumb ratings

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to edit your thumb ratings on either a computer or mobile device.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

Aedon
Underground

Hey, so I recently found an artist I really like and absolutely love one of his songs the problem is that before I found the artist the song that I now love came on my playlist but i thumbed it down because I didn’t recognize him. I just added the artist to my playlist but then remembered I thumbed down a couple of his songs and wanted to remove the thumbs down, but when I go to the back page or whatever where you can edit your station I can only see the most recent thumbs down tracks. I was wondering if there was a way to see every single song I disliked and/or manually add the song to my station. I am a free user if that helps any.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aedon I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to edit thumb ratings

If you accidentally thumbed down a track on one of your stations, you should be able to go back into that station to remove it.

You can then remove the thumbs down you accidentally gave on that station.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

mooville
Local Performer

I accidentally gave a thumbs down on the "Sonata Septieme in G Minor" by Jean-Fery Rebel on my Marin Marais station and have been unable to retrieve it.

Please advise

Thank you 

https://www.pandora.com/station/359459505401988586

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mooville I moved your post over to this existing thread since: How to edit thumb ratings

For instructions on how to view/edit any accidental thumb ratings you may have given on a station, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos