cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

ldegraw
Local Performer

Just love Pandora and I do enjoy listening to my many Latin jazz selections on an ongoing basis.. Just a quick observation however, wouldn’t it be nice if we could have an option for our own specific listening preference? What if we want to hear only selections from a specific artist or group, instead of a mixed bag selection chosen by Pandora? No slight to you guys or your selections, but what if I just want to hear “Caribbean Jazz Project” all day?

Give them a listen, you’ll want to also…

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@ldegraw Thanks so much for your feedback.

I'm happy to let you know that it is possible to listen to a specific artist on demand as you've described.

However, it looks like you are currently set up with the free service.

If you would like to listen to a song or album on-demand, we do offer a solution through Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

You can learn more about upgrading from our website.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and music that is similar to your selection will play on your station.

While Pandora stations will learn what you like and don't like based on Thumbs feedback, it's not possible to predict exactly which song will play next. Only Pandora Premium offers users that level of control.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora

@ldegraw Thanks so much for your feedback.

I'm happy to let you know that it is possible to listen to a specific artist on demand as you've described.

However, it looks like you are currently set up with the free service.

If you would like to listen to a song or album on-demand, we do offer a solution through Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

You can learn more about upgrading from our website.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and music that is similar to your selection will play on your station.

While Pandora stations will learn what you like and don't like based on Thumbs feedback, it's not possible to predict exactly which song will play next. Only Pandora Premium offers users that level of control.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

dm92708
Local Performer

I have Pandora Plus but I can't seem to create stations and playlists like I used to? How do I do that now? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@dm92708 The ability to create customized playlists is only an option with Pandora Premium, so you won't actually be able to create those with your current Pandora Plus subscription.

This being said, you should still be able to create stations.

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you see when you attempt to play a new station?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

dm92708
Local Performer

I have Pandora Plus and it won’t let me create radio stations anymore? Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@dm92708 Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you see when you attempt to play a new station?

Thanks again for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos