cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to queue songs on Premium

kdelcar19
Local Performer

Pandora should easily be able to create a "Queue" showing upcoming and previously played songs on Auto-Play, similar to Spotify.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kdelcar19 I created a new post with your message as there is a way to queue songs with a Pandora Premium subscription. 

As a Pandora Premium listener, you can queue individual songs, albums, playlists or stations to play next.

To add to your queue, either "long press" an item or tap the corresponding ellipsis and then select Add to Queue.

You can view your queue from the Now Playing screen, either below track details (if you're listening to a station) or below the tracklist (if you're listening to an album or playlist).

Keep in mind that if you add a station to your queue, it will play continuously until you manually move to the next item in your queue.

Here are some additional tips:

•  You can turn the queue feature on or off by using the toggle in the queue section at the bottom of the Now Playing screen. We'll save your added items for later, either way.

• By default, anything you add to your queue will be added at the end of it. To adjust the order of the items you've added to your queue, hold and drag the "list" icon (on the right of the item's title) and drag it to the desired position.

• To remove an item from the queue, swipe left on the row and select Delete. (You can also do a long press to reveal the delete option.) To clear all items, scroll to the bottom of your queue and tap Clear queue.

• When adding playlists or albums, use the ellipsis on the album art to add all items. To add only certain songs, long press the individual track.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

20 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kdelcar19 I created a new post with your message as there is a way to queue songs with a Pandora Premium subscription. 

As a Pandora Premium listener, you can queue individual songs, albums, playlists or stations to play next.

To add to your queue, either "long press" an item or tap the corresponding ellipsis and then select Add to Queue.

You can view your queue from the Now Playing screen, either below track details (if you're listening to a station) or below the tracklist (if you're listening to an album or playlist).

Keep in mind that if you add a station to your queue, it will play continuously until you manually move to the next item in your queue.

Here are some additional tips:

•  You can turn the queue feature on or off by using the toggle in the queue section at the bottom of the Now Playing screen. We'll save your added items for later, either way.

• By default, anything you add to your queue will be added at the end of it. To adjust the order of the items you've added to your queue, hold and drag the "list" icon (on the right of the item's title) and drag it to the desired position.

• To remove an item from the queue, swipe left on the row and select Delete. (You can also do a long press to reveal the delete option.) To clear all items, scroll to the bottom of your queue and tap Clear queue.

• When adding playlists or albums, use the ellipsis on the album art to add all items. To add only certain songs, long press the individual track.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

Is the queue currently available only for mobile apps?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@blues-sevenfold That is correct - queue is currently onlly available on mobile.

If you'd like to see this option get added to other devices as well, feel free to create a feature request for your suggestion here.

tkimball693
Local Performer

Will a queue playlist work offline if the songs are downloaded ?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tkimball693 The ability to queue playlists and tracks is not available when streaming your downloaded content in Offline Mode. 

If you would like to have this functionality added to the service, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here. 💡

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

britt_2495
Local Performer

So I'm using the Pandora app downloaded from the Microsoft store on my PC, I've looked for a while now and I see no way to queue songs. All I see is..

• Remove from your collection
  • Add to Playlist
  • Start Station from Artist
  • Start Station from Song
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@britt_2495 The queue feature is currently only available on mobile.

If you'd like to see this option get added to the desktop app as well, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️Queue on the web

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Buffalobill1994
Local Performer

Pandora, invest the time and money into fixing the que issue. I have premium. I go in and clear my que, and then add a song I’d like to play next to said que. I can view it and see that it is indeed the only song in my que. however, it never seems to play. Iv tried everything. Either it’s way to complicated to use, or your algorithms/software are **ahem**ty 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Buffalobill1994 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Tgraygoose44
Local Performer

What's queue do ???

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tgraygoose44 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to queue songs on Premium

This feature allows you to select what content you want to play next during your current listening session.

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

UncleBud
Chart Topper

One of the features I've never understood is the "Add to Queue" option on your stations. If this isn't the right place to post this question please feel free to move out. When I come to the community the only options I see are Products, Subscriptions and Community. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@UncleBud I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to queue songs on Premium

This feature allows you to select what content you want to play next during your current listening session.

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

UncleBud
Chart Topper

Thank you @AdamPandora !

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to help, @UncleBud. 😎

0 Kudos

UncleBud
Chart Topper

This was a good answer for me @AdamPandora . I almost exclusively listen to Pandora on my Kindle. The queue never worked for me but your answer clarifies that for me now.

youcandobetter
Opening Act

can we and a queue so when we want to we can add it a song next to play instead of trying to find it?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@youcandobetter The option to queue content is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

If you'd like to check it out, you can do so here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

rramos17
Local Performer

The queue feature does not seem to work for me.  I will be listening to a station or Playlist and will search for a song I would like to hear.  I then queue that song and I get a message that says song added to queue.  If I go to the queue I see the song there and a message that says 1 item lined up to play next.  The song will remain in queue indefinitely and will never play.  I've tried with Playlist and stations.  I am using an android device and am a premium subscriber.

0 Kudos