cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the 'For You' tab

MrX
Local Performer

I have been a subscriber for a while now and have been pretty laid back regarding the ad system Pandora has forced onto everyone by just naming it the 'For You' tab on the main screen. It's whatever usually, but it just keeps getting worse. Nothing on it is 'For me' nor is it anything I'd like at all, so how is it in anyway 'For Me'? How do you get rid of this horrible tab so the home screen can truly be a homescreen and not just propaganda filled ads that I'm supposedly paying to not get? What's the point of subscribing and paying monthly when you still get a giant ad as soon as you open the app?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MrX Thank you for your feedback around the For You feature.

While For You is not considered a form of advertisement, it does provide users with personalized playlists, songs, genres, artists and more.

At this time, there isn't a way to remove this feature from the app.

If you'd like to see that option available, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MrX Thank you for your feedback around the For You feature.

While For You is not considered a form of advertisement, it does provide users with personalized playlists, songs, genres, artists and more.

At this time, there isn't a way to remove this feature from the app.

If you'd like to see that option available, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Cdb
Local Performer

Does anyone know if Spotify uses a **ahem** For You tab that suggests **ahem** you'd never listen to?   Thinking about switching streaming services because I'm tired of pandora pushing **ahem** on me

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cdb I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to remove the 'For You' tab

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to remove or disable the For You tab within the Pandora app on your mobile device.

I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️if you'd like to see this option added to the service: Ability to Adjust Home Screen in App / Remove "For You" Tab

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora: