cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tune a station correctly?

Termich
Opening Act

Hello.

I decided to figure out how to properly tune the station, from the help it is clear that you need to listen and like in different modes, but I never found how many likes the station needs so that it understands that it needs to change in the right direction. Maybe 1 like is enough, or maybe 10 likes are needed.

For example, I would like the station to play 10 unfamiliar tracks from 20 tracks, 5 new tracks, and 5 popular tracks, how to achieve this?

For example, how to achieve a balance so that different artists play at the station, maybe you need that the station does not have many tracks from one artist? These are interesting subtleties)

Thank)

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Termich. 👋

Pandora tries to improve the chances that you will enjoy every song that plays. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given, and feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions. 

We hope that the music Pandora plays will be just what you wanted, but occasionally Pandora will surprise you. When it's a welcome surprise give the song a Thumbs Up. Otherwise give it a Thumbs Down. This will help make your stations play more music that you like.

You can also use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app. Pick from different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

Thumbs given in a specific mode will guide the station in that direction. For example, if you prefer to hear the hits, and not much new music, listen under Crowd Faves and use Thumbs to direct your station.

Thumb Feedback:

• First, Thumbs Down will continue to function as they always have, regardless of what mode you're in. In addition, Thumbs Up will continue to function the same way if you're listening to your main station ("My Station").
  • However, when you give a Thumbs Up in another Pandora Mode your feedback will affect your station differently.
  • For instance, giving a Thumbs Up in "Newly Released" mode will tell your station that you'd like to hear more new music, while a Thumbs Up in "Discovery" mode will tell your station that you want to mix it up.
  • Those Thumbs will affect the way "My Station" plays the next time you listen, but you always have the ability to edit any unwanted Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down in your station details.

++

In the meantime, here are a couple of feature requests that you may be interested in: 

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Termich
Opening Act

So I want to figure out how many Thumbs Up you need to put, for example, in the Deep Cuts mode, so that the station will play more rare ones, for this, 1  Thumbs Up or 5, or maybe more is enough. I want to clarify this. How many thumbs up is needed for the station to change priority)

Thank you, good ideas, I've already voted for one, voted for the second now

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Termich There isn't a specific number of Thumbs Up that needs to be reached before your station begins to change its behavior.

With each new Thumb rating you provide, your station will learn from that and automatically use that as a guide in choosing the selection of songs that play moving forward.

Hope this helps! 

Termich
Opening Act

Well, I understood something like that, I just went to the Discovery section, first I made 2-3 Thumbs Up on the tracks I liked, went to my station, I listen, if you can see that variety has been added, then I continue to listen until the moment I get the feeling that The station has reached its limit, which means I again go to the desired section and supplement the station 2-3 Thumbs Up. If after the initial 2-3 Thumbs Up the station does not respond, then add another 2-3 Thumbs Up

0 Kudos