cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrumental station recommendations

Militant78
Local Performer

Why don't they have more/better hip-hop rap instrumental available and easy to find.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Militant78. 👋

I moved your post over to the My Collection board to keep the community space organized.

Instrumental Stations:

At the moment, we don't have the option to filter out all songs with lyrics on Pandora stations. If you'd like to see this option implemented, feel free to create a feature request here.

In the meantime, you can find instrumental stations and playlists by searching for "instrumental." You can also try creating stations based on a number of artists or individual songs that exemplify the sound you are looking for (e.g., songs without lyrics). You can add multiple artists or songs to a station using our Add Variety feature.

++

Pandora Premium:

For complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our radio service with on-demand listening and allows you to create custom playlists, so you can create full playlists with only instrumental music. Use this link to learn about the many benefits of upgrading.

Hope this information is helpful! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Militant78. 👋

I moved your post over to the My Collection board to keep the community space organized.

Instrumental Stations:

At the moment, we don't have the option to filter out all songs with lyrics on Pandora stations. If you'd like to see this option implemented, feel free to create a feature request here.

In the meantime, you can find instrumental stations and playlists by searching for "instrumental." You can also try creating stations based on a number of artists or individual songs that exemplify the sound you are looking for (e.g., songs without lyrics). You can add multiple artists or songs to a station using our Add Variety feature.

++

Pandora Premium:

For complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our radio service with on-demand listening and allows you to create custom playlists, so you can create full playlists with only instrumental music. Use this link to learn about the many benefits of upgrading.

Hope this information is helpful! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Nicholas
Underground

Too many instrumental covers of pop songs in all the instrumental stations. It's almost more distracting to know the lyrics to a song and have your head fill them in as it is to just have the lyrics sung in the first place. No amount of thumbs uping and downing seems to produce a contemporary instrumental station without these covers.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nicholas I moved your post to this thread as @AlyssaPandora provided some good feedback on what you can do to improve your experience with instrumental stations.

Creating a contemporary instrumental station:

I would focus on creating a station based off of a specific contemporary instrumental song that exemplifies the sound you are looking for (e.g., create a station based off of a song you've given a thumbs up to on your current station). 

Creating a playlist of contemporary instrumentals:

I see you are also upgraded to Pandora Premium. 

With this level of subscription, you do have the ability to listen to content on-demand, as well as create customized playlists.

I recommend creating a playlist with specific contemporary instrumental tracks. You can then shuffle the playlist you create, and will in turn only hear the type of music that you want to hear. 

For instructions on how to create a customized playlist from either your computer or mobile device, check out our How to create a new playlist thread.

Hope this helps!

LTSings
On the Rise

I just started a new station I've called "Instrumentals", based off a whole list of songs & artists. The problem is it's playing some vocal tracks. The vocal tracks were good songs, so I didn't want to thumbs down them, but I wanted only instrumental tracks on this new station as the title suggests. Do I have to thumbs down all the vocal tracks to get them not to play on this station, even though they haven't been bad songs so far? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LTSings I moved your post over to this existing thread: Instrumental station recommendations

At the moment, we don't have the option to filter out all songs with lyrics on Pandora stations.

Check out the accepted solution for more information.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

LTSings
On the Rise

Thanks. It would also be nice to have a world instrumental station that plays instrumental Hawaiian, Boleros, Bossa Nova, Tropical, Flamenco, etc. I suggested this on another thread but I didn't know there was an instrumental recommendations thread. This suggestion belongs here. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @LTSings. 😁

Amor1948
Local Performer

I would like a list of instrumental music channels offered by pandora

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Amor1948 At the moment, we don't have the option to filter out all songs with lyrics on Pandora stations, but I've noted your request for our product team.

For complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our radio service with on-demand listening and allows you to create custom playlists, so you can create full playlists with only instrumental music.

Use this link to learn about the many benefits of upgrading.

If you need help doing that, let me know.

In the meantime, I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you need anything else!

0 Kudos