cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Jackson Brown's The Load Out with the next song

ramcat
Local Performer

Jackson Brown's tune, The Load Out ends on a note that leaves the listener hanging, wishing desperately for a resolution. On the original Running on Empty album, the tune is followed immediately by Brown's cover of Stay (Just a Little Bit Longer). The two tunes are obviously intended to be played together. It sure would be nice if they were spliced together in Pandora.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ramcat I definitely hear where you are coming from, but we're caught in a complicated set of licensing rules that were designed for the world of pop songs and ignore the realities of how music is presented by the record labels. One rule prevents us from playing a number of consecutive tracks from the same album.

Unfortunately, many labels choose to divide intros (and sometimes longer songs) into separate tracks. We are required to treat each track as a separate "song". The result is as you describe. We're torn between offering portions of fine performances of outstanding music and not offering those works at all.

That being said, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium, which allows you to search and play full albums on-demand.

For now, I hope this helps explain. Happy listening!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @ramcat  this currently isn't a feature on Pandora. I'd recommend visiting our Feature Request board.

The Feature Request board is the best place to post new ideas, feedback and suggestions you'd like to see on Pandora. And don't forget to ❤️those posts you want to see! 

Thanks for posting! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ramcat
Local Performer

Thanks for your response.

While the ability to lock tunes into a sequence would be a nice feature (and I'll post a request for that), what I'm asking for is really just a version of the song that has both tunes in the same file. There are plenty of live versions on YouTube, for example, where both tunes are in the same clip.

BTW, I've never heard Brown doing Stay on Pandora at all, so I don't even know if it's in your library as a separate file.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ramcat I definitely hear where you are coming from, but we're caught in a complicated set of licensing rules that were designed for the world of pop songs and ignore the realities of how music is presented by the record labels. One rule prevents us from playing a number of consecutive tracks from the same album.

Unfortunately, many labels choose to divide intros (and sometimes longer songs) into separate tracks. We are required to treat each track as a separate "song". The result is as you describe. We're torn between offering portions of fine performances of outstanding music and not offering those works at all.

That being said, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium, which allows you to search and play full albums on-demand.

For now, I hope this helps explain. Happy listening!

0 Kudos

paulemccabe1
Local Performer

I just experienced this also. I think you’d be better of not offering the The Load Out at all if it can’t be resolved. It feels as if the song gets cut off. I don’t normally comment but this was so bothersome I felt the need to.

0 Kudos

TullyMars
Local Performer

I agree, I just heard the last part "Stay" without the beginning section. Bugged me,but I get where Pandora is coming from now.

0 Kudos