cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New station is in same mode as previous one

kendenny
Opening Act

I have a couple stations I listen to in Deep Cuts mode and a couple that I listen in Discovery mode. When I change from one station to another the new station comes in in the same mode as the station I was on before. I'm pretty sure it didn't used to work like this. When modes were first introduced stations stayed in whatever mode I put them in.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @kendenny! Is this on your Android or web?

Can you give me the names of a couple of stations that are on Deep Cuts and a couple that on Discovery so I can take a closer look.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

kendenny
Opening Act

My Floyd-Parsons station is supposed to be in Deep Cuts mode. My Blondie station is supposed to be in Discovery mode.

Also I have a Jethro Tull station that I put in Artist Only mode. It will stay in that mode for no more than 3 songs before it switches back to My Station mode.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kendenny thanks for the follow up with that info. 

Since licensing regulations require a Pandora Premium subscription in order to be able to listen to your station in "Artist Only" mode, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers will be able to view an advertisement in order to initiate a complimentary Premium Access session. This will give you access to 'Artist Only' for the duration of the session, however when it ends, the station will automatically reset to 'My Station'

As for the other two stations you mentioned, 'Floyd-Parsons Station' and 'Blondie Station', I was unsuccessful at replicating the issue you're having. 

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineers to look into more. Can you let me know the device that this has happened on? I'll need to gather some additional details. 

Keep in mind, Modes will reset after a period of time, if you log out of Pandora or if you've cleared your history, cookies, cache on your device. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

kendenny
Opening Act

Thanks. Probably because of time since I had last been on that station.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kendenny We're always happy to help.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 😁

0 Kudos