cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Christmas songs playing on my Christmas station

lynne1961_98
Local Performer

I set up a Christmas station on Pandora.  For some reason, non-Christmas songs are playing regularly on my Christmas station.  Yes, I know it's February but I absolutely love Christmas songs ( calming and soothing).  And because I haven't upgraded, I can only skip so many times,  Just a few minutes ago, 3 non-Christmas songs played in a row.  This just started a few weeks ago,  I didn't have this problem before.  Any suggestions how to get the non-Christmas songs to stop playing on my station?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @lynne1961_98! Welcome to community.

Sounds like you have a support question versus a feature request. I've gone ahead and moved your post over to the My Collection Support Board and created a new post for you: Non-Christmas songs playing on my Christmas station

I took a closer look at the Pandora account associated with your community profile. Unfortunately, I only see playback from today (2/17) and no other history for the past several weeks. From today, the station that played was Classic Rock Radio, and only 4 songs played. I can confirm Christmas Radio has not played on this account recently.

Is it possible that you have another Pandora account under a different email address? If so, please let us know and we'll reach out privately to gather more info. Please do not post any private information such as your email address publicly. Thank you much!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TheDragonsDesig
Opening Act

non christmas junk in my christmas playlist

So i fired up my eclectic christmas playlist today and was forced to down thumb a ton of songs,  even had to shut down and restart a few times to avoid the 'too many down thumb/skip' advert.

This is some of the seeds for that playlist:

https://ibb.co/kg5YkFK

just some of what i had to thumb down just today:

https://ibb.co/H44f68D

So I can understand the Sabaton as I added Christmas Truce last December.  But why all the rest non Christmas junk??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheDragonsDesig I moved your post over to this existing thread: Non-Christmas songs playing on my Christmas station

took a look at your Dragons Eclectric Christmas station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from a number additional seeds that you've added:

• Zombie Claus by Psychostick
  • Christmas Truce (Symphonic Version) by Sabaton
  • A Christmas Carol by Tom Lehrer

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seeds that you added to your station: 

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 4.47.38 AM.png

Please note that none of these seeds you added have the (Holiday) tag attached to them.

When adding variety to your holiday stations, make sure the song or the artist have that (Holiday) tag attached to them, otherwise you will run into this same issue.

I recommend removing all additional seeds you added to this station that do not contain that (Holiday) tag.

You can delete all seeds that do not contain the (Holiday) tag by editing your station.

To delete the bad seeds from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete the bad seeds from a mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

TheDragonsDesig
Opening Act

So, now that the christmas season is over, my feedback.

I did NOT remove those 3 songs from my list, they ARE a part of my eclectic list after all.  I mearly down thumbed the 100 plus songs that were not accurate to the list, including many latin pop songs (and I have no latin pop stations in my various lists.

Interestingsly NOT ONE of those 3 songs  ever played once.  I also had many others, suck as

'I am Santa Clause' - Bob Rivers

Holly Jolly 'Christmas - Burl Ives

Christmas Dragnet - Stan Freeberg

And others.  So why, not once in a month and a half did actual songs as seeds NEVER play??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheDragonsDesig I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the song(s) that you've seeded a station with, but there's no way to control when or how often particular songs will play on free Pandora or Pandora Plus, so it's not possible to create a station and hear that track play right away (though it could happen by chance). Because of our licenses, we have to limit the predictability of a certain song or artist from playing on those services.

That said, for complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our industry leading internet radio service with on-demand listening and easy playlist generation.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos