cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not hearing all songs from an artist on their station

jmike762
Local Performer

I have been listening to The Kinks Radio on Pandora off and on for many years.  I guess that means Pandora has been doing an excellent job!  However, there are 3 great songs by The Kinks I have never heard on Pandora, and I am -- well -- nostalgic.  Those 3 songs, in order of importance, are (1) "Around the Dial" and (2) "Destroyer" from Give the People What They Want; and (3) "(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman" from Low Budget.  How can we get these wonderful songs added to the mix?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmike762 Nice to see you around the Community.

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear certain songs on your station, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

This being said, I do see we have all three of these tracks in our collection:

If you'd like to listen to them on-demand, or create a customized playlist where you can pick and choose specific songs you want to listen to, I recommend trying out Pandora Premium.

If you'd like to check out Pandora Premium, you can upgrade here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmike762 Nice to see you around the Community.

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear certain songs on your station, but at this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

This being said, I do see we have all three of these tracks in our collection:

If you'd like to listen to them on-demand, or create a customized playlist where you can pick and choose specific songs you want to listen to, I recommend trying out Pandora Premium.

If you'd like to check out Pandora Premium, you can upgrade here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

MadCraf
Local Performer

For some reason, my Queen station won't pick somebody to love to play. I put it in artist only mode and skipped a bunch. No somebody to love appearing, and it even kicked me out of artist only mode because it ran out of songs by the artist to play. Where is it?! I know it exists on Pandora because I've manually played it outside of my stations, and I even added it as a seed to my Queen station. What do I do?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MadCraf I understand that it's frustrating not to hear a particular track on your station, but there's no way to control when or how often particular songs will play on free Pandora or Pandora Plus, so it's not possible to create a station and hear that track play right away (though it could happen by chance). Because of our licenses, we have to limit the predictability of a certain song or artist from playing on those services.

That said, for complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our industry leading internet radio service with on-demand listening and easy playlist generation.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks so much for listening to Pandora!

0 Kudos

MadCraf
Local Performer

I don't expect it to play right away. I'm saying that it's been months and it's literally never played. 

0 Kudos