cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not hearing song station was created for

ABADDJ
Local Performer

Why did it take more than three years for Pandora to play Che Che La lemme by Dr. Buzzard I made a radio station with the name spelled correctly if I put an artist on a song how many hours do I have to listen to that station that I made for that song before that song gets played the very simple question that I just want numbers for a time limit will it play and it shouldn't be three years

There is two Jack the Ripper songs by LL Cool J in the three years I've been waiting for cherchez La femme I've also been waiting for Jack the Ripper I still don't have it how do I thumb up a song that I want that you have if you don't play it

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ABADDJ Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the song that you've seeded a station with, but there's no way to control when or how often particular songs will play on free Pandora or Pandora Plus, so it's not possible to create a station and hear that track play right away (though it could happen by chance). Because of our licenses, we have to limit the predictability of a certain song or artist from playing on those services.

That said, for complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our industry leading internet radio service with on-demand listening and easy playlist generation.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ABADDJ Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear the song that you've seeded a station with, but there's no way to control when or how often particular songs will play on free Pandora or Pandora Plus, so it's not possible to create a station and hear that track play right away (though it could happen by chance). Because of our licenses, we have to limit the predictability of a certain song or artist from playing on those services.

That said, for complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our industry leading internet radio service with on-demand listening and easy playlist generation.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Hope this helps!

bhaniba47
Local Performer

Well when I create a station called Chicago radio and click the artist name to add more variety twice and IT STILL DOES NOT PLAY CHICAGO THAT IS WRONG!!!!!!!

esliu
Local Performer

Hello, I created a station using "As It Was" by Harry Styles as its seed, probably back in May last year. I've been using that station pretty continuously since then, and I notice that it played "As It Was" maybe twice within the first week, and then NEVER played it again.

The song is NOT thumbed-down, and this station is full of other songs by Harry Styles, including from the same album as "As It Was", but seriously--for as many hundreds of times as it has played "Music from a Sushi Restaurant", it has played "As It Was" *twice*, and not again in like eight months.

I get that I can't control what gets played, but it seems awfully strange to me that the "As It Was Radio" station I've created did play the seed song at least once or twice, but hasn't ever played it again. Is anyone at Pandora able to explain this?  Is "As It Was" somehow on a super-limited license or something?  It's a really goofy issue.

GoToHell
Local Performer

Ive been using Pandora for a really long time now and I have rarely heard it play the song a station is made from.

0 Kudos

brake4bots
Opening Act

I see exactly the same issue as esliu using pandora plus. I'm sorry adampandora, but I think your answer is not helpful at all. You said "For complete control of what you hear on pandora, try pandora premium. It combines our industry leading internet radio service with on-demand listening and easy playlist generation".

You're not actually saying that the radio feature plays seed songs, just as often as other songs, if you subscribe to premium, but that you can instead listen on-demand with playlists. That's not a solution. I use pandora for the radio feature. I already have subscriptions to spotify and youtube music for playlists. Switching my playlist listening to pandora does not help me! I want the pandora music genome approach to radio. I just want it to also play my seed songs. Is that too much to ask?

The pandora programmers really need to take a look at this. My seed songs never play anymore, but plenty of songs from the same albums play all the time. This can't be a licensing issue. For example, on my playlist "Cooley street", I have the war on drugs songs "I don't wanna wait" and "Wasted" set as a seed songs. It no longer plays these song, ever, but it plays every other song from the album "I don't live here anymore" all the time. Every other seed song on that playlist has the same issue. And it's absolutely not a matter of listening long enough. I hear the same songs many times in one day via that playlist and never hear the seed songs.

This is clearly not a licensing issue. It's a software issue. Something's broken. Please have someone look at this in depth and fix it! Please!

And AdamPandora, if the truth is that your people have intentionally programmed the radio feature to never play seed songs, then just say so. Then, at least, I won't have to waste my time begging for it to be "fixed" and can move on to some other product.

Moderator Edit: Format, Merged posts

0 Kudos

condorpmh
Local Performer

I created a Station called "Carol Ann" featuring the song with the same title by Michael W. Smith.  That song is no longer part of my "Carol Ann" station.  How can I get it back or create a new Station with that song?

CondorPMH, a.k.a. Patrick M. Heffern
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@condorpmh I'm showing that station is still in your collection:

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 10.03.46 AM.png

I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further? The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

condorpmh
Local Performer

Hello Adam, yes, I still have my Carol Ann Radio station, but the song "Carol Ann" by Michael W. Smith no longer comes up on that station.  Is there a limit on the number of "Thumbs Up" songs per station and by "Liking" more songs did the "Carol Ann" song get pushed out of the Carol Ann Radio station / channel that I created?  Can you see a list of "Thumbs Up" songs in my "Carol Ann Radio" and confirm that the "Carol Ann" song is no longer part of the Channel / Station?  How can I get it added back in?

CondorPMH, a.k.a. Patrick M. Heffern
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @condorpmh.

I moved your post over to this thread: Not hearing song station was created for

Song no longer playing on station:

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

How to view Thumbs Up ratings on station:

How to view Thumbs on mobile:

You'll need to visit the station details page to view your thumb ratings.

Here's how to view Thumbs in that station settings:

1. First, visit My Collection to view your stations list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit. 
    • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
    • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the thumb icon or the small "i" (in the upper right corner of your screen) to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. Scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs.

How to edit Thumbs on a computer:

1. Click on the name of the station you'd like to view. If the station is not available on your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  2. This will take you to a page which shows you information about your personalized station.
  3. You can then view your Thumbed up or Thumbed down tracks, by scrolling down to the Thumb History of the station's page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbed down tracks, click on the Thumbs down icon.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

dewine
Local Performer

I have Premium and just one seed song on my christmas station. It does not play.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dewine I do see you are upgraded to Pandora Premium.

Since you are looking for a specific song to play, I recommend creating a playlist rather than listening to one of our curated stations.

If you create a playlist, you can pick and choose the exact songs you want to hear during your listening session.

For instructions on how to create a playlist from either your computer or mobile device, check out the accepted solution to this thread: How to create a new playlist

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

SallyBeam
Local Performer

I have a station based on a song called Geronimo by the band Shepherd.  I have listened for over a month and it's never played the song, the rest of the music is great, but it won't play so I can thumbs up the song.  I have thumbs up ever other song on the album.  Not sure how else to get it to play so I can like it.  It is the only thing listed in the ad variety section.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SallyBeam I moved your post over to this thread: Not hearing song station was created for

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

erichjz
Local Performer

I don't have an issue that the song won't play immediately or on demand, but I would expect some type of estimate. Like maybe "you should hear it every hundred songs or so on average, but we can't guarantee that."

The song I want can only play on a station, and I have a premium account.

So I created the station, and the song has yet to play 2 or 3 hours in.

So you seem to be saying, sorry, you may never hear the song you want.

That's pretty lame.