cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora switches the language version of a previously thumbed up song

dblimo
Underground

I've been using a K-pop station for over a year now and always thumbs down the English & Japanese versions that occasionally pop up. For some reason this week all of the sudden Pandora is playing the other language versions of songs that used to play in Korean. It also isn't differentiating and identifying between other versions & the original Korean versions and indicating that it thinks I've given a thumbs-up to these versions. It seems to be labeling them as if they were the original which I would have upped but the actualy song has changed. 

0 Kudos
31 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dblimo Just to clarify, do the English and Japanese versions of tracks also show the Thumbs Up as highlighted when they play?

Additionally, the next time this happens, can you please grab a screenshot of the now playing screen showing the track, and write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred: 
  • The name(s) of the foreign artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the foreign track(s).
  • Were you able to give the track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?
  • A screenshot of one of the foreign tracks that plays on that station.

Let me know, and I'll take a look.

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

When pandora properly identifies it is playing a different version then it does correctly know if it has or has not been upped or downed in the past. The problem now is its paying a different version of the song is info is displaying.

For example the attached image was the one that prompted me to write the post. From top to bottom indicating it's trying to play the standard version and remembering that I did vote up on that version, but the actual audio playing wasn't the normal version. 

• The name of the station where this occurred: K-Pop Radio (my station)
  • The name(s) of the foreign artist(s). Blackpink
  • The title(s) of the foreign track(s). Boombayah
  • Were you able to give the track(s) a Thumbs down? It knew I had previously done so
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts? No
  • A screenshot of one of the foreign tracks that plays on that station. Attached

Thank you, 

Screenshot_20210930-111419_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

Just did it again with Blackpink, this is playing the Japanese version while displaying the info for the original. 

Screenshot_20210930-131426_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

It might just Blackpink that for some reason it's playing all the Japanese versions and not labeling them correctly.  Just had, "Playing with Fire" play as well and also isn't playing the right version or identifying the Japanese version correctly.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dblimo Thanks for writing back with that.

I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

Then you very much, I appreciate the follow up!

dblimo
Underground

Adam, 

It looks like it's all of their songs that have that have that graphic with the black background with the pink text in the middle.

Screenshot_20211007-145107_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dblimo Our engineers believe they were able to resolve this.

To clarify. in the screenshot you sent over above, did that track also play in a different language?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

Screenshot_20211008-105057_Pandora.jpg

Adam,

It does not appear to be fixed yet. I'm listening to one of their songs right now that it is again playing the wrong version. And yes that image I sent for Whistle was also the wrong version. It's playing the Japanese versions and not the original Korean versions. 

Pull up the song in the attached image,  "Playing with Fire" and compare it to the original version at https://youtu.be/9pdj4iJD08s

It's definitely a different language version (pretty sure it's Japanese) that isn't labeled as such in Pandora and they're still showing the thumbs up and down that I gave the original versions a while ago. 

Thank you, 

Dblimo

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

Screenshot_20211008-110052_Pandora.jpg

It seems to be all of the songs that have the black background with only pink text on them. 

The songs that have the pink text and crown graphic (attached) are playing the correct Korean versions. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing us with that information, @dblimo.

I will have our engineering team look into this.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

Screenshot_20211013-095838_Pandora.jpg

Good morning Adam, 

This one is also playing the Japanese version.

Thank you, 

Dblimo

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, @dblimo!

I'll let our engineering team know.  

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

Screenshot_20211013-112417_Pandora.jpg

This one as well is playing Japanese. 

Is it helpful for me to keep adding these titles or should I just wait until the engineering team takes a look at it?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dblimo If you notice this happen with any additional albums by this artist, please send those over.

Currently, our engineering team is looking at the all of the tracks on the two specific albums you've reported so far.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

erlichman315
Local Performer

Also all the new Blackpink songs in the Japanese version. None of them are listed as Japanese so they play interchangeably with the Korean versions. Please correctly label the Japanese version songs so that they can be differentiated.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@erlichman315 I moved your post over to this existing thread.

Our curation team is aware of this issue and currently looking into it.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Michaeljenson
Local Performer

I just had the same thing happen. I had thumbed up a song by Josh Turner called Just to be Your Man, the song came on in German by a different artist (a version I had never heard before) and it showed that I had thumbed up the German cover. I’m not listening in Germany nor do I have German stations. I’m just in the regular listening mode, the station is Gary Allan Radio but I have added variety, and there are certain artists I have noticed I have been getting covers instead of the artist I thumbed up. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Michaeljenson The next time this happens, can you please send me a screenshot of the track that plays with the Thumbs Up icon highlighted?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos