cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora switches the language version of a previously thumbed up song

dblimo
Underground

I've been using a K-pop station for over a year now and always thumbs down the English & Japanese versions that occasionally pop up. For some reason this week all of the sudden Pandora is playing the other language versions of songs that used to play in Korean. It also isn't differentiating and identifying between other versions & the original Korean versions and indicating that it thinks I've given a thumbs-up to these versions. It seems to be labeling them as if they were the original which I would have upped but the actualy song has changed. 

0 Kudos
31 Replies

Arctyc
Local Performer

MoB7OkC.png

Here's one. If there is an English or Japanese version of a blackpink song, I do not, ever, hear the Korean version anymore, and all my thumbs up that were on the korean versions are on the english/japanese versions now.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Arctyc I will check in with our engineering team about this one as well.

Thank you for reporting!

0 Kudos

Arctyc
Local Performer

Thanks for still looking into this, here's another.

This version is ALSO the English version of the same song under a different album name than the first screenshot. There appears to be a 3rd version that is "Radio only" so no clue if that is the Korean version or not, but I assume it is.

That one looks like this with the torn corner thing in the center of the album art: 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @Arctyc - our engineering team is aware of this issue and are currently looking into it.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

I'm hesitant to say it's fixed since it looks like other people have been having similar issues but for my station it's been a few weeks since I ran into this problem. 

Thank you for getting the issue looked at!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dblimo Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

Screenshot_20220216-082551_Pandora.jpg

Good morning,

After several months of Pandora working correctly I had this issue pop up again with the same band and same problem. A song that I had previously thumbed up for the Korean language version is now playing the English language version of it while remembering my thumb up of the other version and failing to label the English version as the English version. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dblimo I will have our engineering team take another look at this.

Thanks for reporting! 

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

Screenshot_20220906-135554_Pandora.jpg

Good afternoon, issue is back again. This time playing the Japanese version of the attached.

Thank you

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @dblimo.

I will have our engineering team take another look.

0 Kudos

dblimo
Underground

Good morning, 

This problem has resurrected itself, this time playing the Japanese version of the attached without labeling it as such. 

David

Screenshot_20230429-132448_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dblimo I've reported this to our curation team so they can help look into it again.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.