cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play next selection feature

zambo2226
Local Performer

we need a playnext selection kinda like youtube, speecaily if I'm paying almost 11 a month

On second thought, I'm just gonna leave. **ahem** pandora. I was actually pretty happy with your service, until I realized How much you lack with your otherwise "diamond in the rough" service.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zambo2226 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

There actually is a feature to queue up music with Pandora Premium.

As a Pandora Premium listener, you can queue individual songs, albums, playlists or stations to play next.

To add to your queue, either "long press" an item or tap the corresponding ellipsis and then select Add to Queue.

You can view your queue from the Now Playing screen, either below track details (if you're listening to a station) or below the tracklist (if you're listening to an album or playlist).

Keep in mind that if you add a station to your queue, it will play continuously until you manually move to the next item in your queue.

Here are some additional tips:

•  You can turn the queue feature on or off by using the toggle in the queue section at the bottom of the Now Playing screen. We'll save your added items for later, either way.

• By default, anything you add to your queue will be added at the end of it. To adjust the order of the items you've added to your queue, hold and drag the "list" icon (on the right of the item's title) and drag it to the desired position.

• To remove an item from the queue, swipe left on the row and select Delete. (You can also do a long press to reveal the delete option.) To clear all items, scroll to the bottom of your queue and tap Clear queue.

• When adding playlists or albums, use the ellipsis on the album art to add all items. To add only certain songs, long press the individual track.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zambo2226 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

There actually is a feature to queue up music with Pandora Premium.

As a Pandora Premium listener, you can queue individual songs, albums, playlists or stations to play next.

To add to your queue, either "long press" an item or tap the corresponding ellipsis and then select Add to Queue.

You can view your queue from the Now Playing screen, either below track details (if you're listening to a station) or below the tracklist (if you're listening to an album or playlist).

Keep in mind that if you add a station to your queue, it will play continuously until you manually move to the next item in your queue.

Here are some additional tips:

•  You can turn the queue feature on or off by using the toggle in the queue section at the bottom of the Now Playing screen. We'll save your added items for later, either way.

• By default, anything you add to your queue will be added at the end of it. To adjust the order of the items you've added to your queue, hold and drag the "list" icon (on the right of the item's title) and drag it to the desired position.

• To remove an item from the queue, swipe left on the row and select Delete. (You can also do a long press to reveal the delete option.) To clear all items, scroll to the bottom of your queue and tap Clear queue.

• When adding playlists or albums, use the ellipsis on the album art to add all items. To add only certain songs, long press the individual track.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

zambo2226
Local Performer

I looked to find nothing and I wished and prayed for you guys  to show me up.  too bad to you guy have the software for sure. Now, pandora was used almost eculsily from my android, intel I bought the subscription and then I incorporated it into my life, which pretty much is alway using the pc aka win 10 home. So, would that be my issue, and if so, could you direct me to a solution that uses the pc instead please. I really like your predictive stations. You if I dont hit my head with my paml because of my stupid mistake, I just found my next "flower".   pandore trades right?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zambo2226 The queue feature is currently only available on mobile devices.

If you'd like to see this option get added to web as well, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️Queue on the web

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

LastDJ
Opening Act

I think we still need a feature request for a "play next" option.  

To the point you make on queuing: By default, anything you add to your queue will be added at the end of it. To adjust the order of the items you've added to your queue, hold and drag the "list" icon (on the right of the item's title) and drag it to the desired position.

That is a solution but very inconvenient if you have more than 10 songs in queue.  Let's look at the use case:  I hear a song from my queue that has 20 other songs queued up.  I realize that I want to hear "song  xyz" right now.  Instead of hitting play next, I have to long-press, tap add it to queue, go to the queue, scroll to the bottom, hold the song and drag it up to the top.  I can't be the only person that finds this inconvenient as well as not practical.  Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Music all offer the feature, so it must be doable from a technical point of vew.  How do I submit a feature request?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LastDJ I'm sure that is a feature many other users would be interested in seeing as well.

You can submit a new feature request here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

95Wictor
Underground

Additionally, the qued songs will _never_ play if the user is currently playing a station.

0 Kudos

dopehope
Local Performer

Totally agree 💯

0 Kudos

95Wictor
Underground

The queue features does not work at all for my case.

I am almost always playing music from a "station". Music in the queue will only play after the currently playing music finishes. But, a "station" never ends and so the music in the queue NEVER plays. A "play next" feature that starts the specified song after the currently playing SONG (instead of current behavior of after playlist or station) would be much more useful.

0 Kudos