cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playlist Replaces Clean Songs with Explicit Version

IAmWhitney
Local Performer

I am also having this problem. I have my non explicit turned on but when I save it on a playlist, it saves the explicit version nearly every time!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @IAmWhitney. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to a new thread: Playlist Replaces Clean Tracks With Explicit 

To clarify, the explicit filter only applies to stations (not playlists). It sounds like you're creating a playlist and the wrong version of the song is being added when you select it. 

• Could you share the name of the playlist and song(s) you've noticed this happen on?
  • When you select a song to add - are you noticing the "E" (explicit label) on that particular song? 

Let me know, and I can report this on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @IAmWhitney. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to a new thread: Playlist Replaces Clean Tracks With Explicit 

To clarify, the explicit filter only applies to stations (not playlists). It sounds like you're creating a playlist and the wrong version of the song is being added when you select it. 

• Could you share the name of the playlist and song(s) you've noticed this happen on?
  • When you select a song to add - are you noticing the "E" (explicit label) on that particular song? 

Let me know, and I can report this on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

fumcpk
Local Performer

Unfortunately, I just removed some of the examples from my playlists before coming here to express my disappointment.  I've got kids, you know?  I can't have the F word intruding on their dance parties.

It happens when a playlist starts out as 'Thumbed Up Tracks' from a station.  Obviously, thumbing up the clean version, but explicit lands in the playlist.  I'm not sure how to swap them out.  Searching for the songs comes up with Explicit versions only.

Examples: "The Bottom" by Gracie Adams, "Good Life" by OneRepublic, "What I Got" by Sublime

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fumcpk The next time this happens, can you please grab a screenshot of the explicit tracks that are added to your playlist?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

fumcpk
Local Performer

Absolutely.  I still have the songs listed in the general playlist 'My Thumbs Up'.  Would that be helpful?  It's a longish list, and they're far between, but I'll try to throw a couple up here for you...  Seems to have worked ok... 

Let me know what else you need - and how to search the clean versions to swap back into my playlists!

Pandora 2022-01-07 101235.pngPandora 2022-01-07 101252.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fumcpk I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this issue.

In the meantime, I recommend deleting those explicit tracks from your playlist.

You can then add the censored versions of those tracks back instead.

When you're curating playlists, you can identify explicit tracks by a red "E" label. When doing your search to add those tracks back, make sure to avoid adding those with that label.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

fumcpk
Local Performer

Thank you for sending this up the chain!

Yes, of course I've tried to swap the songs manually, but I haven't had any luck so far. 

With these particular tracks (and maybe this is the underlying issue) a search does not turn up the clean version from the station.  I've tried on both the PC and the Mobile versions of Pandora.

I'll attempt to add screenshots of a search that I just did:

PSearch01.jpgPSearch02.jpgPSearch03.jpgPSearch04.jpgPSearch05.jpgPSearch06.jpgPSearch07.jpgPSearch08.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fumcpk For that particular track, it looks like we only currently have the explicit version available.

I've added this feedback for our curation team as well.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos