cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playlists repeat songs in shuffle mode

Puffdaddy
Opening Act

Hello All,

With nearly 1000 songs in my Thumb's Up playlist, Pandora autoplay will repeat a select group of them frequently, and rarely, if ever plays many songs.

I had figured that the entire playlist would be exhausted before any repeats occurred, no?

If anyone has a hint as to how I can fix this, I'd be deeply grateful. I do have the paid subscription.

Thank you and all the best,

Christopher

Labels (2)
98 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@texdoug It looks like your account is set up with the free service.

This particular thread is for users who are upgraded to Pandora Premium, and are experiencing issues with their customized playlists repeating tracks.

It sounds like you may be experiencing a separate issue where the same artists or tracks are repeating when shuffling your collected stations.

We do have this thread which may match up better with the issue you are reporting: Shuffle only cycles through 5 stations at a time

Please review the comments other Community users have posted on that thread, and let me know if you are experiencing this same issue.

0 Kudos

Paradachsund
Local Performer

Adding onto this thread to say I'm also experiencing repeats in playlists. I experience this on all of my custom playlists.

Windows 10, Website, Firefox (latest version)

Let me know if there's anything else I can tell you to help. I tried the workaround with loading the whole list first but that didn't solve it for me either.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @Paradachsund.

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

Ap360
Underground

I’ve been experiencing the same issues, not as much as my own playlist but on the station’s that I regularly used for years, I played a particular song and it would fallow the same or similar artists or song but now it’s not doing that, it jumps from r&b to some old 60 songs and then it’s starts repeating the same song over and over, even with skipping the song I have to do it multiple time. I need this issue resolved ASAP, I’ve been a long time customer and paying for the service for a long time and it getting annoying 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ap360 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Does this only happen with that one station? If so, what is the name of it?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Ap360
Underground

Is iPhone 12 Pro Max, the sprint/t-mobile, listening with the app. It happened in all the stations, but it doesn’t happen on any of my playlist just when I’m playing randomly 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ap360 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our suggested troubleshooting steps here.

I'd then like for you to try and reproduce this issue after completing those steps.

The next time it happens, make sure to grab a screenshot of the now playing screen showing the track that is continually repeating even after hitting skip multiple times.

Thanks again for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Ap360
Underground

79BB984C-CF34-463F-B0CE-5229B8378519.png

It doing same today it’s just one of the issues 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ap360 I think I am still having a little trouble understanding what is happening.

To clarify, did that track Low (feat. T-Pain) play multiple times in a row, over and over again even after skipping it?

How many times in a row did it play if so?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

SolyRok
Local Performer

I’m having issues with shuffle mode. I created a playlist name “dreamy” that has nearly 400 songs that I hand picked. My issue is that when I open the playlist and press shuffle, it does shuffle songs, but only around 30ish songs before starting over again on the 1st song of the shuffle. I want it to shuffle all songs before repeating. Even when I try to pick another song after the shuffle abruptly ends, it still goes back to the same songs I’ve already heard. It never truly shuffles the playlist. It’s very frustrating. I have Pandora premium and a good internet connection. It’s definitely a Pandora problem. And I too stop and wonder if it’s doing that because of royalties and costs to Pandora. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SolyRok Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

• Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?

0 Kudos

Mestenke
Underground

I have created a playlist of about 230 songs and when I shuffle the playlist I hear the same songs again and again while not hearing some ever. Help! I have been a loyal premium customer but now thinking about switching. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mestenke I moved your post over to this existing thread: Playlists repeat songs in shuffle mode

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

What is the name of the playlist you are listening to where the songs repeat when shuffling it?

Also, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

SolyRok
Local Performer

Listening on 2020 Apple SE through Pandora App. Sprint/TMobile

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @SolyRok.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve this: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, I would like to report your experience to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

Mestenke
Underground

I am listening from my XS Apple phone. Verizon is my carrier. My playlist is summer 20. I have the premium account. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Mestenke.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

jcharp
Local Performer

These answers don't help for the question asked.  I have the same question - I have collected, downloaded specific songs and have used those to create playlists.  I want to shuffle the songs in my playlist.  How do I do that or what algorithm does Pandora use to shuffle?  When I use the shuffle command while in my playlist, I always get the same songs.  I have songs on my playlist that have NEVER been played. and sometimes the same songs play over again during the same listening session.  I am using the app on android.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jcharp I moved your post over to this existing thread: Playlists repeat songs in shuffle mode

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

What is the name of the playlist you are listening to where the songs repeat when shuffling it?

In the meantime, I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps to see if it resolves this: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

0 Kudos

gr01
Underground
I'm not sure about using android app.
On the computer go into now playing--next click on shuffle--next click on
the pencil (edit). Under your collection you will see "blue circles". If
you want that album shuffled, click the circle to put an X in it for
shuffle. If you click on an X, it will be removed from shuffle.
Hope that helps
0 Kudos