cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playlists repeat songs in shuffle mode

Puffdaddy
Opening Act

Hello All,

With nearly 1000 songs in my Thumb's Up playlist, Pandora autoplay will repeat a select group of them frequently, and rarely, if ever plays many songs.

I had figured that the entire playlist would be exhausted before any repeats occurred, no?

If anyone has a hint as to how I can fix this, I'd be deeply grateful. I do have the paid subscription.

Thank you and all the best,

Christopher

Labels (2)
98 Replies

CHemp
Local Performer

I agree with all the comments in Shuffle and I have read your responses.  I agree with everyone else.  Don’t make excuses change it.  I am not going to pay every month to hear the same old songs when I have 300 in my thumbs up.  Come on Pandora.  Get with it or adios.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CHemp I moved your post over to this existing thread: Playlists repeat songs in shuffle mode

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

What is the name of the playlist you are listening to where the songs repeat when shuffling it?

Also, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Fiercephoenix
Underground

When you have shuffle on it repeats the same songs over and over. Over 100 songs and it just shuffles like 20. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fiercephoenix To clarify, does this happen when shuffling your collected stations?

Or do tracks repeat when shuffling the customized playlists that you created?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Fiercephoenix
Underground
Songs I have downloaded or have on a playlist
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Fiercephoenix.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Playlists repeat songs in shuffle mode

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are currently looking into this.

I've gone ahead and added your feedback to the ticket we have open with them as well.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

Concealpro
Underground

Any solution to this?? I also have playlists, two of which have over 1000 songs, and hear the same songs constantly on shuffle. I listen to these playlists daily at work and hear the same few songs. Doesn't matter which playlist I listen to, songs are repeated. What's the fix? Yes I'm paying for premium, and I listen on Samsung S9.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Concealpro Our engineering team is still looking into this issue.

I've gone ahead and added your report to the ticket we currently have open with them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Concealpro
Underground

This thread was started a year ago. No solution after all this time?

leejohnson4215
Underground

I am having same issues, doesn't matter platform of on window or on my Samsung note. Doesn't matter downloaded or not please fix it as it is very annoying.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leejohnson4215 I definitely understand your frustration.

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineering team who is investigating this issue.

0 Kudos

Princess_peach
Underground

Does anyone  else's  shuffle  play some songs all the time and other's  not at all?   And no , I'm not speaking  about  radio  only songs or those that are unavailable.   I also notice  some songs I have  collected  are being randomly  removed  from  my  list. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Princess_peach Nice to see you around the Community. 

Shuffle plays the same songs:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Does this happen when you are shuffling stations or playlists?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Songs get removed from your collection:

Can you please try keeping track of this moving forward?

If any other tracks get removed from your collection, please add them back, and then take a screenshot of them showing in your collection.

Then make sure to follow up on this thread and let me know which tracks you re-collected after you noticed they were removed.

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Princess_peach
Underground

Hello I usually  listen  from my phone which is a LG galaxy and I'm on T Mobil's network. This usually happens when shuffling  my playlist.    It's really  nothing  to see unusual  its just that a majority  of  my songs are never played  or they are being skipped  over and I have to manually  click on the songs to hear them.   I just added many  songs back the day I posted the question  because  it's completely  random  and it seems like whenever  I'm trying to add new songs  I end up adding mostly  the ones I know I have added already.   It's almost  like when I add a new  one it removes an old one. 

Princess_peach
Underground

Screenshot_20211207-082718_Pandora.jpg

 the only  thing that appears  out of place  is 14 songs  that appear as unavailable  all in a row that can't be removed  or viewed for any additional  information  about the songs. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Princess_peach Thanks for following up.

Playlists repeat songs in Shuffle Mode:

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on it. I've added your feedback to the ticket we currently have open with them.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unavailable tracks can't be removed:

I believe it may have something to do with this album I see you currently have collected: Red Star Sounds Volume One - Soul Searching

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 6.29.33 AM.png

Can you please try removing that album and let me know if it resolves the issue?

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Princess_peach
Underground

I have tried removing  it several  times but when I click on it the area where the option  to remove  it is blank. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Princess_peach I went ahead and removed that album for you on my end - can you please let me know if those tracks are still appearing in your colleciton?

Thanks again for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos

Princess_peach
Underground

Thank you yes they were removed 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @Princess_peach.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos