cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playlists repeat songs in shuffle mode

Puffdaddy
Opening Act

Hello All,

With nearly 1000 songs in my Thumb's Up playlist, Pandora autoplay will repeat a select group of them frequently, and rarely, if ever plays many songs.

I had figured that the entire playlist would be exhausted before any repeats occurred, no?

If anyone has a hint as to how I can fix this, I'd be deeply grateful. I do have the paid subscription.

Thank you and all the best,

Christopher

Labels (2)
98 Replies

Adam1583
Local Performer

Hello I’ve been having this same issue quite frequently on the “My Collection” playlist and nothing seems to help to get the Shuffle reset. Also I have issues with the app freezing like it’s playing a song but nothing happens so I re start the app and it takes off on the previous song I listened to

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Adam1583 Nice to see you around the Community.

Playlist repeats tracks when shuffling:

To clarify, what is the name of the playlist you are listening to in your collection that repeats tracks when you shuffle it?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

App freezes:

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps to see if it resolves the issue for you: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Marcia13
Underground

This is a lengthy thread that doesn't seem to have a resolution, although honestly I don't want to wade through pages and pages to find a possible answer.  Again - with a playlist on shuffle, why do many songs play over and over again while others NEVER play?  This happens both on my PC and my Android.  If there is no resolution, please let me know so I can give up.  If there was a resolution that I overlooked, please tell me how to fix it.  Thanks!

Puffdaddy
Opening Act
They didn't fix this after years of asking.You can export your playlist. Google how.YouTube music is where I moves with 1200-song playlist.Get df outta Pandora asapGood luckSent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Marcia13
Underground

Never heard of this but I'll check it out - thank you!

0 Kudos

sanhend
Opening Act

This has been an issue for many years. The "solution" that Pandora provides does not work. Numerous times they reply that they will "create a ticket to send to their engineers. I've tried everything to no avail. There is no resolution to this problem. I gave up on my playlist and created stations and shuffle the stations. I need to drop Pandora for a better service that meets my needs, but I don't play around much with my phone and new things, so I tend to stick with what's familiar with me. Any helpful suggestions to a Pandora alternative and the pros of the service is greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos

sanhend
Opening Act

Is YouTube just for creating playlists, or is there an ability to collect genres and/or artists? I'm tired of spending money on a service that won't fix an issue after many years of complaints. We are the consumers that keep the business going and our issues are not being resolved. It's as if Pandora is satisfied, or not the least bit concerned with loosing customers. Pandora has a lot of confidence in themselves.

0 Kudos

coolhouse
Opening Act

There currently no resolution and no plan from Pandora to do anything about
it.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

jiggretts
Local Performer

Same issue here, just now reading all of the problems and lack of solution.  my problem is a single playlist of 3317 songs is on shuffle, i hear the same songs/bands repeat without ever hearing many songs, on microsoft desktop and android phone, both over wifi and downloaded.  So the consensus is no solution, huh?

0 Kudos

Puffdaddy
Opening Act
Solution: Use Soundiiz to transfer all your playlists intact over to YouTube Music.Years since I first asked for help from Pandora. They dgaf about their customers.Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
0 Kudos

bvegan
Local Performer

Apparently I am one of many with the same exact issue, hence landing on this thread. I seriously don't understand why it's so hard to fix such an obvious issue that many users are having whether on the app, a computer, whatever brand of phone or provider. Clearly the shuffle mode does not work and it doesn't appear that there is any sense of urgency to solve it. The thread goes back to 2019 and yet the same issue and question is repeatedly ignored. I'm a new paid subscriber and am starting to debate if this is the right service to stick with. I too have several playlists and they all do the same thing. I hear the same songs over & over in the same order. Skip, skip, skip and still the same results. How can a list with 100s of songs not find a way to play through without picking the same exact, predictable sequence every single time? Just fix the issue already. Stop wasting time asking everyone which list, what phone, blah, blah. You have a known issue and I struggle to believe a programmer somewhere in your company can't figure this out. 

Puffdaddy
Opening Act
Pandora is a joke.Use Soundiiz to transfer your playlitsts intact to YouTube Music.Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

funkified
Local Performer

Adding my voice to the chorus, in case Pandora product managers actually read these forums.

Shuffle should play every song in an album/playlist before repeating. If that's not the default, it should be an option, like perhaps when Shuffle and Repeat One are both selected.

I wish Pandora would sell the Music Genome engine to a real streaming service. It's still the best at predicting what I want to hear, but absolutely everything else about the platform is less than what competitors offer. It's getting increasingly difficult to stay with Pandora, especially with my family clamoring in my ear to switch to Spotify.

Puffdaddy
Opening Act
YouTube music will prompt new music very well too.Use Soundiiz to transfer your playlists intact.Give it up in pandora Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
0 Kudos

benny2paws
Underground

Yes, this seems like something that Pandora refuses to address.  I cannot understand why a shuffle mode would not work the way it should and continuously play the same tracks over and over.  I decided on purchasing Pandora because I had used the free version for years and was familiar with it.  I was mocked by friends and family for not choosing Spotify or some other streaming service.  The reason was that you can download playlists and shuffle them when you have no service or wifi.  Like on my boat.  I can at least still do this but pretty much have to constantly skip songs.  Basically play DJ and not just enjoy a large playlist.  I can do this with songs I have downloaded to my phone so really do not need Pandora.  "AdamPandora" seems to just ask more questions and never address the issue.  I am beginning to think it is just an AI response.  So no help or offered resolution.  Maybe Pandora pays more royalties on certain songs so it auto plays the ones that cost them less?  No clue because creating shuffle function really cannot be that challenging.  

Marcia13
Underground

And interesting how these responses fall under a heading that states "Solved".  

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

I encounter this issue when shuffling songs in a playlist in the Desktop app. When a playlist is shuffled, every song should play once, in a random order, and then the music should stop (barring Auto-Play being enabled).  Puffdaddy reported this issue three years ago. FIX IT ALREADY!

0 Kudos

Concealpro
Underground

Just here for my yearly check in. 1500 songs in my playlist. I am guaranteed to hear the same ones daily and some will never play.

coolhouse
Opening Act

Sounds simple, not sure why it cant be done. Apparently no one is working
in the issue.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info