cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcasts start in middle of next episode

pjrenick
Local Performer

This is probably a stupid question, but I am unable to locate a way to start a podcast episode from the beginning.  

I listen to podcasts on my Android phone and they work just fine, except when I move from a finished episode to the next one, it often starts somewhere other than the begining and I am unable to rewid or restart it.

I greatly appreciate any assistance!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pjrenick Nice to see you around the community.

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team as podcast episodes should start from the beginning when advancing to the next.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out. We really appreciate your help with this.

0 Kudos

el49
Opening Act

Great! Thank you, @AdamPandora! This was beyond helpful!

h2oophelia
Local Performer

I've been listening to a podcast, but it will stop playing in the middle of a podcast and then start playing a different episode. It will also start playing episodes in the middle even though I've never listened to them before. It's really annoying and makes me rethink my subscription. I'd like to be able to play all the podcast episodes completely without having to stop and find the original one I was listening to. Any ideas?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@h2oophelia I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

EmilyBarker
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. Podcast skips to the middle of episodes instead of starting at the beginning. It's so inconvenient. Is there a fix?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EmilyBarker Our engineers are currently looking into this, but need additional information before they can find a fix.

Is this happening to you on an iPhone, or an Android phone?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

NunyaGDBiz
Local Performer

I exclusively listen to podcasts on Pandora at work on a Chrome browser (latest build). If I start a podcast, literally every single episode starts at the END of the episode. I have to manually reset to the beginning. I can stream the entire podcast and let it move to the next episode, and the next episode will ALWAYS start at the end...never at the beginning. It's severely irritating. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NunyaGDBiz Our engineers are still looking into this issue - thank you for providing your feedback on this. I've made sure to pass this information along to them as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

TRELLIM100
Local Performer

I am having the same issue.  Just signed up for Pandora, and finding it less than expected especially if I have to constantly (I mean constantly) restart the episode and find where I was cut off.  

I am using a Surface Pro with Microsoft Edge, latest update. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TRELLIM100 Our engineers believe this issue should be resolved.

If you are still experiencing issues with your podcast episodes starting at random times, I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed here

It may also help to try streaming Pandora on a different browser (ex: Google Chrome).

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Jaia6
Local Performer

I listen to podcasts on a Chrome browser. If I have to pause the podcast for a minute or two, when I go to resume it will jump to the next podcast. It is super annoying having to restart the podcast just because I had to put it on pause . 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jaia6 We believe this issue should now be resolved - can you please try running through the troubleshooting steps on this page for Google Chrome?

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos