cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Christmas music playing 24/7

Terrencemays
Local Performer

How do I stop the Christmas Music from playing on my Eric Roberson station? It comes on randomly 365 days of the year.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Terrencemays Sounds like the station may have been either seeded with holiday content or a holiday song may have been thumbed up. I would recommend editing the station and removing any content that doesn't fit. 

To remove variety:

Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Scroll down to Station Created From, which shows the "station seeds" that you've added in the past. Tap the small (X) beside any item you'd like to delete.

To edit the thumbs on your station:

Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Then scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed

For more info on how to edit your stations, please visit our Help Page here

Thanks for posting to community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

SharonB1954
Local Performer

Your fix doesn't help, because none of the Christmas music popped up in the Station Created From lists of songs.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SharonB1954 What is the name of the station you are having issues with Christmas music playing on?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

SharonB1954
Local Performer
Boz Scaggs
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SharonB1954 I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first. Can you write me back with the following?

• The name(s) of the artist(s) of the Christmas tracks that played.
  • The title(s) of the Christmas track(s).
  • Were you able to give the track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Let me know, and I'll take a look.

0 Kudos

SharonB1954
Local Performer

A variety of Christmas tracks, starting about 2 weeks ago.  Bing Crosby, the Peanuts Christmas album, all stuff that is on the Christmas radio station.  And if I hear the Nutcracker Suite one more time, I may uninstall Pandora.  It plays about every 3rd or 4th song.  Amazingly, since I commented half an hour ago, no Christmas music!!

No I haven't punched thumbs down, just skip.  After Thanksgiving, I do listen to a couple of Christmas stations on Pandora, so I don't want to eliminate those Christmas songs that are popping up on Boz Skaggs, in case it crosses over.  Which is what is obviously happening, since I regularly get jazz mixed in with Boz Skaggs.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SharonB1954 Would it be possible to grab a screenshot of the next Christmas track that plays on your Boz Skaggs station, and attatch it in a reply to this message?

Thanks for all your help with this. 

0 Kudos

SharonB1954
Local Performer

Well oddly enough, no Christmas music the rest of this afternoon.  It's the Pandora gremlins at work.

0 Kudos

rocomo0001
Local Performer

It's February and I am still getting random Christmas music. I use Shuffle so I don't know what station is responsible. I didn't mind some Christmas music in the season but it is ridiculous for it to still be happening. I never selected any Christmas music. I don't do thumbs down because I enjoy it in November and December. I think that the algorithm is screwed up.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rocomo0001 Our support team took a look at your account and it appears you have a Christmas Radio station collected.

I recommend removing that station from your shuffle mix to prevent Christmas music from playing when shuffling your collection.

You can learn how to edit your shuffle here.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos