cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Playlists repeat songs in shuffle mode

paulpost1517
Local Performer

I play music from playlist, on shuffle mode, not stations. Some songs & artist overplay. It shuffles, but not well

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
32 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thundley661 I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if it resolves this. 

If the issue persists after running through those steps, I would like to report your feedback to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 8+
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • iOS version:13.5.1
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@schrocat Thank you for your feedback.

I am happy to look into this further with you. 

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

LumpyDumper
Local Performer

I have the same problem. I hear the same group of songs all the time and other songs rarely, if ever. It would be nice to hear my whole playlist of close to 500 songs.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LumpyDumper Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?

0 Kudos

Pleasehelp
Local Performer

Go to settings on pandora, click advanced, take off Auto play... this worked for me

0 Kudos

donovankovar
Local Performer

Hello. I am showing over 3500 thumbs up songs in my Thumbs Up playlist in my online account, however, it only shows 100 of these songs on my Android device, and it's ONLY allowing to listen to these same 100 songs, over and over again.

How do I get the app to give me access to more variety in my Thumbs Up station specifically? (I already know to "thumbs up" the "thumbs upped" songs, and that makes no difference. 

I pay for this service and would truly appreciate a working solution to this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @donovankovar. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Playlist Repetition

Can you send over a bit more info about your device? I'd like to share this with our engineering team.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

donovankovar
Local Performer
  • Model: Galaxy S9
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 10
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): AP1A......... (just updated a couple days ago)
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): Dec. 2021
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? BOTH

Please advise.

0 Kudos

wildsoles
Local Performer

Hey Pandora, I'm experiencing the same as others on this thread. Shuffle is on, but nearly always starts with the same artist, repeats the same set of 80 or so songs, while there are artists and songs in my collection that NEVER get played. I have a paid subscription.  I'm listening on a PC Desktop using Firefox.

0 Kudos

donovankovar
Local Performer

I've provided all of this info for you, I've also CLEARED all of the DATA in the Pandora settings, but the same songs keep playing again today? Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@donovankovar I checked your collection, and it looks like your My Thumbs Up playlist was actually deleted.

I went ahead and restored that playlist for you.

Can you please try again and let me know if that playlist still only shows 100 tracks for you?

If it does, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wildsoles What is the name of the playlist you are listening to when it continues to repeat the same 80 tracks?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora update 02/10/21:

We believe the original issue reported on this thread was resolved. 

I will be closing this thread off from future replies, however if you continue to experience issues with tracks repeating in shuffle mode when listening to a customized playlist, please post your feedback to this thread: Playlists repeat songs in shuffle mode 

Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos