cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for artist not working

williate45
Underground

As of yesterday, some of the bands I search for or try to add to a station are not listed as an option.  I usually use the desktop app, but this is also happening on pandora.com (Chrome and Edge using two different computers) and the Android app.  For example, yesterday when I searched for a specific band, I would just get a list of songs by the band.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

williate45
Underground

@AdamPandora, it looks like the issue has resolved for me, but the two artists that I had had the issue with were Of Monsters and Men and Kings of Leon.  I was able to search for them today.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Patches_McGee
Local Performer

This is happening to me too. Very frustrating!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@williate45 @Patches_McGee Thank you for sharing your experience with the Community.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. What are some examples of specific bands that are not populating when searching?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

williate45
Underground

@AdamPandora, it looks like the issue has resolved for me, but the two artists that I had had the issue with were Of Monsters and Men and Kings of Leon.  I was able to search for them today.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @williate45.

Thanks for the update!

SheilaC
Local Performer

I've searched for the artist Logic album Undeniable and I have not had any results. I have my explicit content turn on. So I wonder, why can't I bring this album up.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @SheilaC. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

I've taken a look and I'm not seeing that we have this mixtape (Young Sinatra: Undeniable by Logic) in our library. I've gone ahead and requested it on your behalf. 

In the meantime, we do have this compilation album which has songs from that mixtape here: 

YS Collection Volume 1

_500W_500H.jpg

Here's the description for the album aboveAfter Logic announced his return from a brief retirement, previewed his collaboration with Madlib (as MadGic), and released a new solo track (“Intro”), he offered this compilation of tracks taken from the first three volumes of his Young Sinatra mixtape series (2011-2013). The YS Collection, Vol. 1 is less a generalized overview than a kind of distillation, favoring 6ix and C-Sick productions and almost completely disregarding tracks with featured appearances; finale Tokyo Nights,” on which Logic is joined by Like, contains the only true mike hand-off. For listeners who caught on with Under Pressure, Logic s 2014 commercial breakthrough, this is a coherent and fine representation of what the rapper accomplished beforehand, including noteworthy tracks such as 5 A.M.,” Inception,” and Relaxation” (the last of which is delivered over the instrumental of A Tribe Called Quest s Electric Relaxation”). -- Album Description written by Andy Kellman

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

russellsmiley
Local Performer

My search bar has completely disappeared! When I click the magnifying glass I just get a prompt asking if I want to ‘browse’. Then it goes to a page with a bunch of random options provided by Pandora, but there is NO option for me to type in my specific artist. Why was was such a basic functionality removed??!! It might be time to dump Pandora and give Spotify a try…

0 Kudos

russellsmiley
Local Performer

Oops, my bad - I found the search bar! For some reason it seemed hidden, maybe the layout has changed? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@russellsmiley Glad to hear you were able to resolve this on your end.

Enjoy the music!

0 Kudos